Danny Ings

sisi1992

14 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

image.png.fbff4336630ac37b317034dd26e3a073.png

He obviously was running out of ink as he wrote that. Crikey was it a cost per word and he needed to cut it down! 

Notice 'home town club' not the team he supported. Only now Im told he is a Spurs fan

Not sure why all the bitterness. 

Danny always put a shift in, he kept us in the division, he scored some crackers, he got two at Fratton, and now he’s moved on. 

So should we. 

Looking forward to the Bilbao game and hoping Tino might get some minutes off the bench towards the end. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

Easily the worst poster on here. That is some achievement with his competition. Every thread is polluted with the same anti- Saints rhetoric over and over again. 

I've assume he is/was an obsessed skate at this point, someone who invented a persona to try and troll saints fans but then somehow got lost inside it. 

• Like 2

You’d expect people would be used to our best players leaving, more so the ones who gain a special status among fans. I still have trust issues from the Lallana transfer.

If Ings stayed and did another few years on a new contract he could of become a club legend. He didn’t, oh well. I will still remember his time here fondly and should be received well on his return to St Mary’s.

His two goals and subsequent knee slide in front of the Fratton End is an iconic saints moment, possibly one of the best we’ve had in a long time.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, NorthLondonSFC said:

You’d expect people would be used to our best players leaving, more so the ones who gain a special status among fans. I still have trust issues from the Lallana transfer.

If Ings stayed and did another few years on a new contract he could of become a club legend. He didn’t, oh well. I will still remember his time here fondly and should be received well on his return to St Mary’s.

His two goals and subsequent knee slide in front of the Fratton End is an iconic saints moment, possibly one of the best we’ve had in a long time.

Exactly. It's part and parcel of football, players come and go. Kane pushing to leave Spurs as well, so it's not just us who gets in these situations.

I know there's a lot of bitterness, there always is when a player leaves. ''He was shit anyway''  ''He'll be injured''  ''Past his best'' etc. But let's be honest, this guy single handily kept us up over the last few years so for that reason alone I can't be that bitter towards him - he helped my club for the period he was here and that's all you ask for really.

It's up to us now to replace him with a player who will hopefully be sought after in 2 or 3 years, might sound a depressing way to look at it, but that will equal he's been a success and contributed to our success. It's the only way clubs like ours can be sustainable really.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goodymatt said:

On that topic, how do you actually change your profile picture? Doesn't seem to be an option in the edit profile section. I've tried on phone and laptop now. 

Three bars (hamburger) menu at top right. Click on your picture/name. There should be a couple of boxes are their one of which is ‘cover photo’.

I think that’s it 

2 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Three bars (hamburger) menu at top right. Click on your picture/name. There should be a couple of boxes are their one of which is ‘cover photo’.

I think that’s it 

This takes me through to the edit profile section but cover photo isn’t an option? I’m clearly missing something obvious!

31 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

A reliable source tells me we’re looking at 22 year old Japan international Ayase Ueda as Ings replacement.

He plays for Kashima Antlers.

I’m sorry, I won’t do it again.

I've heard he's rejected the move, he only wanted to play for us if we were at the Antelope Ground.

13 hours ago, CB Fry said:

It wasn't that long ago that you were dismissing The Athletic reports of Ings not signing his extension as just one story and probably not true because journalists, like, make it all up.

You must have me mixed up with someone else. Back in January I said this about Ings, and my opinion about the likelihood of him staying never changed.

I wonder how often a player who doesn't want to talk contracts until the end of the season actually ends up signing a new one. Seems to me that saying he won't sign before then is the same as saying he's more likely to leave than not.

If he only has a year left, he'll be a cheap deal for anyone that wants him (and there will be plenty that would take a £20m Danny Ings as back-up), with a decent amount of the money saved going towards his signing bonus.

Moreover, I don't believe I've ever passed comment on The Athletic, or the reliability of any other media.

But aside from that, you're spot on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Does it look like this?

F8E74F14-3F90-4A8B-A32A-C8849380D4D8.jpeg

Thanks for this. That’s definitely the page I’m on but there’s only an edit profile button in the top right of the profile page. No cover photo option at all, really odd! Desperate to get my Ingsy avatar removed for obvious reasons!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Thanks for this. That’s definitely the page I’m on but there’s only an edit profile button in the top right of the profile page. No cover photo option at all, really odd! Desperate to get my Ingsy avatar removed for obvious reasons!

Do you have that little rectangular symbol on your avatar like Whitey? Click on that should allow you to upload new avatar.

63FA85BF-301F-4E33-9501-25A7B28735EE.jpeg

Edited by OttawaSaint

16 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Same for me. I don't get an option to upload/edit a profile picture either. I assumed it was because I'm not a fully paid up member. I also don't seem to have the ability to search the forum to find old threads

9 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Same for me. I don't get an option to upload/edit a profile picture either. I assumed it was because I'm not a fully paid up member. I also don't seem to have the ability to search the forum to find old threads

If I were you I’d pay up. The chance to search this forum to find the good posters who don’t bother anymore and you can see why is well worth a fiver every year 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, goodymatt said:

You can get in the queue behind me as I foolishly got his name on my shirt earlier this year FFS.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

You can get in the queue behind me as I foolishly got his name on my shirt earlier this year FFS.

A couple of things… 

Why the hell would anyone over the age of 13 get a footballers name on the back of their shirt? 

Why the hell would you get a player, who was quite obviously off, on the back?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, SKD said:

A couple of things… 

Why the hell would anyone over the age of 13 get a footballers name on the back of their shirt? 

Why the hell would you get a player, who was quite obviously off, on the back?

LOL I didn’t realise it was a crime to get a name on the back of the shirt if you’re over 13.

Anyway, it was a shirt the club gave away for free after the sponsor changed and they offered free name, number, badges. No evidence he was off at that stage so went for it on the basis that I might end up framing it one day (like my Le Tissier one).

19 hours ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Hopefully we'll sign Tyrone Mings (not!!!!) but then you can just add an "M" in front of it.

• Haha 1

On 07/08/2021 at 10:05, OldNick said:

He obviously was running out of ink as he wrote that. Crikey was it a cost per word and he needed to cut it down! 

Notice 'home town club' not the team he supported. Only now Im told he is a Spurs fan

Seems JV wrote something a bit more personal & heartfelt 

Screenshot_20210814-092331.png

• Like 1

All these experts saying we are in trouble with the loss of Ings goals but he only scored 12!!!
His good season for us had a break in the middle, he may score a hat full for Villa but that does not mean he would have done it for us.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dobbo said:

All these experts saying we are in trouble with the loss of Ings goals but he only scored 12!!!
His good season for us had a break in the middle, he may score a hat full for Villa but that does not mean he would have done it for us.

Those goals where so important though without his contribution we would have certainly been relegated 

1 hour ago, dobbo said:

You can't just look at Ings for his goals though. Assists, runs, movement.

Created probably double that for us. (when fit, obviously - which he wasn't last year)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

You can't just look at Ings for his goals though. Assists, runs, movement.

Created probably double that for us. (when fit, obviously - which he wasn't last year)

Agree, it’s the when fit and everyone going on about replacing his goals. Very good player but like most has gone for the money after saying he wanted champions league. Impressed with Armstrong though who hopefully will push defences back with his pace and give more space to the midfield.

On 15/08/2021 at 08:44, dobbo said:

Agree, it’s the when fit and everyone going on about replacing his goals. Very good player but like most has gone for the money after saying he wanted champions league. Impressed with Armstrong though who hopefully will push defences back with his pace and give more space to the midfield.

We need some flair from the midfield. I cant recall when JWP last played a defence splitting pass though for a forward to run onto. 

8 minutes ago, OldNick said:

We need some flair from the midfield. I cant recall when JWP last played a defence splitting pass though for a forward to run onto. 

He's the heart and soul of our club though, so small details like that don't matter.

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

He is a dm who got one less open play assist than our most creative ( redders) player? Should you not he moaning about the forwards and attacking mids we have who are not doing what they get paid to do, most of which all get paid more than jwps 50k a week and put in a quarter of the effort. 

2 hours ago, OldNick said:

We don't need 'flair' from the two defensive midfielders, it isn't their role in the system for that. It is the front four and fullbacks where the flair should be.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings