Pre Season 2021-22

kjurwi

5 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

:D people over reacting to a friendly, classic. Wasn't a "test" at all. Quite clearly about players getting 45 minutes and Djenepo being the only suitable player who can play left back other than the new guy, hence why we're trying to sign another. You utter wet wipes.

Exactly this. The first preseason friendly is always about the players getting minutes under their belts :)

Edited by davefizzy14
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TWar said:

Will just be for preseason I imagine to see who is our best option.

Aside from that some interesting points. Djenepo being tried out at LB, not even left wingback is interesting, although him giving away the pen is pretty unimpressive. Ings playing means he probably isn't close to the door. Obafemi as a 10 could be interesting too.

I know. I couldn’t find the right emoji .

I'm actually very happy that Djenepo played at LB in the second half, as it means Salisu got to stick as a CB and is hopefully only going to play there from now on. Clearly we will bring another LB in before the window shuts.

2 hours ago, John B said:

Easy to scoff but who would you play at LB in a pre season friendly

Not scoffing just pointing out we have entered into pre season slightly weak in certain areas. Don’t know why pointing that out ruffles feathers but it’s a fact and not ideal. 
Not even being critical of the present regime as their hands have been tied by the inadequacy of the previous bunch (Les Reed), but as fans we should recognise we are facing a bit of a mountain over the next 9 months. Meanwhile Ralph’s comments at the end of last season when he said he needed a deeper squad raised expectations which so far have yet to be realised. There is time of course but in an ideal world it would have been preferable to have had more than one signing so far. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Not scoffing just pointing out we have entered into pre season slightly weak in certain areas. Don’t know why pointing that out ruffles feathers but it’s a fact and not ideal. 
Not even being critical of the present regime as their hands have been tied by the inadequacy of the previous bunch (Les Reed), but as fans we should recognise we are facing a bit of a mountain over the next 9 months. Meanwhile Ralph’s comments at the end of last season when he said he needed a deeper squad raised expectations which so far have yet to be realised. There is time of course but in an ideal world it would have been preferable to have had more than one signing so far. 

"Sticking with our square pegs in round holes philosophy I see" isn't pointing out we have entered into pre season slightly weak in certain areas, don't try and rewrite your own words. Scoffing is exactly what it was. The idea that we're "sticking" with playing Djenepo at LB as a philosophy is just bollocks. We've been after another full back all summer, we haven't got him yet but the idea that we're sticking with what we have as a philosophy is what you said and it's simply not true.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Fabrice29 said:

"Sticking with our square pegs in round holes philosophy I see" isn't pointing out we have entered into pre season slightly weak in certain areas, don't try and rewrite your own words. Scoffing is exactly what it was. The idea that we're "sticking" with playing Djenepo at LB as a philosophy is just bollocks. We've been after another full back all summer, we haven't got him yet but the idea that we're sticking with what we have as a philosophy is what you said and it's simply not true.

Forgive me for using a bit of sarcasm in my first post. I apologise if it has annoyed you. 

21 hours ago, TWar said:

I mean, not really, that's why one of them is in the championship. Don't know who there team was in both halves but us playing two entirely different teams in both halfs probably didn't help, if we played our first 11 all the way through we'd mash them, but thats not really the goal of a friendly. Sounds like we were trying out new things like Djenepo at LB and it didn't really work.

Mostly about adding miles to the legs without too much danger of injuries.

Good to see Elyo start but no sign of the lanky Dane. How long a break is the guy allowed?

Edited by Charlie Wayman

18 hours ago, igsey said:

I'm actually very happy that Djenepo played at LB in the second half, as it means Salisu got to stick as a CB and is hopefully only going to play there from now on. Clearly we will bring another LB in before the window shuts.

Wishful thinking in my opinion. Whenever has SFC done the sensible and obvious thing. Suspect our window is done. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It was a pre-season friendly, the first of them. The aim wasn't to give B team players a chance (apart from Olufunwa?)  but to give everybody in the first team squad 45 minutes. The presence of Djenepo at the back doesn't mean he's going to play there, but given that all the forwards have to come back to defend at some stage or another during games it was a useful exercise and learning experience.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

How long a break is the guy allowed?

I think they get at least 3 weeks, Denmark went out on 7th, so I would guess he will be back Monday week. At least we don't have any English (or Italian) players, another week for them. Most England players will miss the start of the season be ause they will only have been back a few days. 

3 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Friendly against Levante on 4th August, think it's at St Mary's.

Yes 7pm kick off which is a decent time for taking kids as well, not to late. You'd hope a cheapish ticket or maybe one ticket to cover both home friendlies. 

1 hour ago, East Kent Saint said:

Even Kane isn’t starting the season apparently!

Well not for Tottenham no...

And its not like city don't have a plethora of attacking players - i'm sure they'll manage 😆

Edited by Saint86

The game tomorrow can be watched on the Cardiff City website if you buy a £3 match pass,  so looks extremely unlikely for there to be a free stream to watch Cardiff City vs Southampton on Tuesday evening as it would conflict with what Cardiff are doing.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/pre-season-match-preview-cardiff-city-vs-southampton

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

The game tomorrow can be watched on the Cardiff City website if you buy a £3 match pass,  so looks extremely unlikely for there to be a free stream to watch Cardiff City vs Southampton on Tuesday evening as it would conflict with what Cardiff are doing.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/pre-season-match-preview-cardiff-city-vs-southampton

Is there live radio commentary?

10 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

It is occasional updates rather than live commentary on BBC Solent. Only way to watch it is to pay £3 on the Cardiff website.

There will probably be an illegal stream, not that I'd condone such things 😉

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

It is occasional updates rather than live commentary on BBC Solent. Only way to watch it is to pay £3 on the Cardiff website.

Yeah just tuned in and got to listen to Tears for fears 

Not really got any control of the midfield which isn't surprising without Armstrong and JWP involved. Salisu comfortably our best player so far, and has had a few moments of screaming at the rest of the team for a lack of options.

Zero attacking threat from either winger and Ings/Obafemi pretty much uninvolved, as of 30 minutes.