Pre Season 2021-22

kjurwi

1 minute ago, haddock22 said:

Just got email re kingsland not being open due to works going on 10 mins ago.So now have to go to box office early to get a reallocated seat in itchen stand.Thanks box office Its going to be a long hard season ahead

Yep email just came in, truly the most useless set up I have ever seen. Claiming work not completed on concourse , they only put tickets on sale the other day! 

Chapel stand was closed anyway, looks set to be a tiny crowd but why they are making everyone who bought in the Kingsland queue up before the game to get a new ticket in the Itchen is baffling. 

I don't for one minute believe they haven't completed work on the concourse, more like poor sales they can't be arsed to open 3 stands and employ agency staff on kiosks so will just squeeze everyone into two stands. 

Better be sorted by Saturday can't be doing queueing up to change tickets for that one as well 

19 minutes ago, JRM said:

I don't for one minute believe they haven't completed work on the concourse, more like poor sales they can't be arsed to open 3 stands and employ agency staff on kiosks so will just squeeze everyone into two stands. 

Better be sorted by Saturday can't be doing queueing up to change tickets for that one as well 

Like you I don't believe them and in fact don't see why can't change tickets over the phone.i don't want to turn up tomorrow and be offered row z tickets

Likewise. I have been building a small wall in the garden and I have only just picked up the emails. To be honest I don’t want to go now. My grandson can’t get the evening off so it would be just me and I don’t fancy queuing up to sit at the back of some corner. I might ring up and ask for a refund. I have a wall to finish.

7 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Likewise. I have been building a small wall in the garden and I have only just picked up the emails. To be honest I don’t want to go now. My grandson can’t get the evening off so it would be just me and I don’t fancy queuing up to sit at the back of some corner. I might ring up and ask for a refund. I have a wall to finish.

They should really just offer a full refund as default and then up to us if we want to login again and buy a new seat, no football for 18 months then mess around fans like this, good to see some things never change 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JRM said:

They should really just offer a full refund as default and then up to us if we want to login again and buy a new seat, no football for 18 months then mess around fans like this, good to see some things never change 

Yes so much for their covid approach,closing a stand and then shoving all the supporters close together in one stand.

12 hours ago, JRM said:

I've just checked the ticket website and the Kingsland is now greyed out and unavailable for Saturday as well so looks like a repeat is on the cards.

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

So, will JWP play today? I wish they weren't so secretive about this injury because its fueling speculation.

Apparently very doubtful, he has a knee problem. Don't think they are being overly secretive. The knee problem cropped up about 10 days ago, so it's not that unusual it would still be bothering him.

11 minutes ago, TWar said:

Apparently very doubtful, he has a knee problem. Don't think they are being overly secretive. The knee problem cropped up about 10 days ago, so it's not that unusual it would still be bothering him.

Initially it was stated that he was expected to be back in training the morning after the Cardiff game.

So it is somewhat strange, and seemingly a worse injury than they realised...if indeed there even is an injury.

1 minute ago, Dusic said:

Initially it was stated that he was expected to be back in training the morning after the Cardiff game.

So it is somewhat strange, and seemingly a worse injury than they realised...if indeed there even is an injury.

I think it is unlikely to be a faked injury considering what we have heard from Blackmore, Leach et al.

If the club were looking to sell they probably wouldn't have referred to the first offer as derisory and be leaking how truly unavailable JWP is through the press. If JWP was looking to force his way out I doubt he would be at the Swansea and Cardiff games sitting directly next to Ralph with the coaches getting involved in encouraging the team and the like, probably would be at home or at Staplewood on his own.

3 minutes ago, Dusic said:

He was seen back in the gym with the rest of the squad. Perhaps he just hasn't been ready to return to full contact training yet.

4 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

What the...?

3 youth players and Shane Long. That's the worst subs bench I've ever seen, and it's a friendly where you can make as many subs as you like.

Very odd.

Not really, the rest of the squad... Bednarek, McCarthy, Vestergaard, Ings, Armstrong, Djenepo, Walcott etc etc are being rested ahead of the game in a few days time on Saturday.

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Not really, the rest of the squad... Bednarek, Vestergaard, Ings, Armstrong, Djenepo, Walcott etc etc are being rested ahead of the game in a few days time on Saturday.

Don't even bother trying to rationalise this, there is something incredibly odd about not just naming the entire squad on the bench in a friendly and you know it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Not really, the rest of the squad... Bednarek, Vestergaard, Ings, Armstrong, Djenepo, Walcott etc etc are being rested ahead of the game in a few days time on Saturday.

That is not the normal way pre season works and you know it.

Seems a hell of a risk making the majority play 90 mins doesn’t it

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Don't even bother trying to rationalise this, there is something incredibly odd about not just naming the entire squad on the bench in a friendly and you know it. 

Teams in pre-season do things like play two games on the same day. A squad for each is used, this is essentially the same, but with a gap between the fixtures. Different players on different rest days.

6 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Teams in pre-season do things like play two games on the same day. A squad for each is used, this is essentially the same, but with a gap between the fixtures. Different players on different rest days.

Even you would find it hard to find evidence of a club playing their second to last friendly or any friendly for that matter with four subs.

What happens on Saturday with central midfield for example as we don’t have any others.

Romeu and Diallo will play again and it doesn’t seem logical to find your starting eleven for the first game.

Edited by northam soul

9 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Ralph clearly wants majority of players to complete 90 mins to be more ready for Everton. Saturday the same again just a few subs. 

Its not that hard to understand.

Once upon a time only use to be one sub allowed 😉

That's fine, but you can name subs and not have to use them. You just name them in case you DO have to use them. 

Just now, Charlie Wayman said:

1) Interesting that Elio is preferred to Theo tonight in what looks almost like our best XI at the moment. Guess they will shuffle things around for Saturday. 

2) Odd that the club will offer us access to Levante's stream but can't be arsed to do their own?

1) It is not our best XI. The two first choice centre backs aren't playing, nor is Armstrong or Ings.

2) On what is that based?

4 minutes ago, TWar said:

We got another game going on at the same time or something? We have basically a full 11 plus subs not on the bench

Maybe they are all leaving with Ward Prowse and we are so skint that by the time the season starts we'll be raffling off the chance to be on the subs bench to a fan every week.

2 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

Leaving the pacey stuff to those around him and using his technical ability to keep things ticking. Promising.

It is really odd how his record everywhere else is so good, admittedly in less strong leagues, yet he was so dreadful for us.you might have expected him at least to make a handy squad player. Perhaps he will yet.

1 minute ago, teamsaint said:

It is really odd how his record everywhere else is so good, admittedly in less strong leagues, yet he was so dreadful for us.you might have expected him at least to make a handy squad player. Perhaps he will yet.

In the one season he played for us before he was sent out on loan he made 19 appearances for a total of 1070 minutes on the pitch - the equivalent of 11 and a half games. Difficult for him to show anything without being given a proper chance.