Dynel Simeu

SuperSAINT

On 22/07/2021 at 22:18, VectisSaint said:

The "statement" you referred to was from Fabrizio Romano. Tom Leach has since "confirmed" my thoughts. Who do you believe? Nothing has been reported by Saints, the rest is just tittle tattle, but all logic points to Tom Leach's version, no one is going to put a 19 year old CB with no league experience in the first team (straight away). Like I said. I'm sure he will become a good player, and maybe make an odd appearance for us this coming season - let's hope he grows a bit as well 🤣

No one said he was going to be put in the first team straight away. If he's part of the squad doesn't mean he'll be starter every week, much like WIll Smallbone and Nduluduldudludududududu are part of the first team squad but rarely play. My mates son is an 18 year old centre back at Bradford City, part of the first team squad there but only started one league game and a couple of papa johns matches. 

43 minutes ago, Turkish said:

No one said he was going to be put in the first team straight away. If he's part of the squad doesn't mean he'll be starter every week, much like WIll Smallbone and Nduluduldudludududududu are part of the first team squad but rarely play. My mates son is an 18 year old centre back at Bradford City, part of the first team squad there but only started one league game and a couple of papa johns matches. 

Actually people on here were saying he was going to be in the team, that's why I said what I did. They thought he was a replacement for Vest. 

2 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Actually people on here were saying he was going to be in the team, that's why I said what I did. They thought he was a replacement for Vest. 

Who said he'd be a starter in the 1st team?

He may end up being a replacement for Vestergaard in that Salisu becomes a starter in place of Vestergaard and Simeu takes centre back numbers back up to four (whilst also getting some gametime in the under 23s).

I had an interesting discussion at the weekend with a player of the same age who has played against him a number of times (including last season). Let's just say I'm not getting my hopes up that he's anywhere near first team ready...

2 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

I've not seen anyone say that. Plenty of people have said he'll be fourth choice with Salisu and Bednarek being the first two, then Stephens. Not seen a single person say he's going to be thrown in as first choice the minute he arrives.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

I've not seen anyone say that. Plenty of people have said he'll be fourth choice with Salisu and Bednarek being the first two, then Stephens. Not seen a single person say he's going to be thrown in as first choice the minute he arrives.

FFS get a life.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Who said he'd be a starter in the 1st team?

He may end up being a replacement for Vestergaard in that Salisu becomes a starter in place of Vestergaard and Simeu takes centre back numbers back up to four (whilst also getting some gametime in the under 23s).

FFS, you even hinted at it yourself. This is a discussion forum, not a court of law. Get a life and stop trying (and failing) to be so pedantic.  

• Like 1

Just now, VectisSaint said:

FFS, you even hinted at it yourself. This is a discussion forum, not a court of law. Get a life and stop trying (and failing) to be so pedantic.  

I'm not being pedantic, you said people were saying he was going to be a first XI player. You were wrong. Just because you dont like it doesn't change it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scummer said:

I had an interesting discussion at the weekend with a player of the same age who has played against him a number of times (including last season). Let's just say I'm not getting my hopes up that he's anywhere near first team ready...

Nice to see you getting your excuses in early, Ralph.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Dynel Simeu - Official: Signs 3 Year Contract
51 minutes ago, SFC Forever said:

maybe just maybe we could have a Simeu and Salisu pairing at CB

6 minutes ago, Paulwantsapint81 said:

Dave Merrington will be so exited at the thought of pronouncing both names in commentary 

"Adam, I've been really impressed with Simeon and Sally Sue at the heart of the defence"

2 hours ago, niceandfriendly said:

Cracking taste in music... "I gave her this d*ck and I lasted. No rubber no plastic." 

Welcome to Southampton!

I haven't listened to it, but just from that lyric, it sounds like The Beatles missed a trick with that one.

Aaah they don't write 'em like that anymore.

"We all live in in our yellow second kit, yellow second kit, yellow second kit" (when it arrives)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, niceandfriendly said:

Cracking taste in music... "I gave her this d*ck and I lasted. No rubber no plastic." 

Welcome to Southampton!

Promoting promiscuity and unprotected sex. What a terrible role model. Get rid. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, niceandfriendly said:

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Promoting promiscuity and unprotected sex. What a terrible role model. Get rid. 

How do you know they aren't a long term couple trying for a baby?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm very pleased. We've now signed two decent defenders, each with potential, followsing Bertie's departure with Vesty lightly to leave.

More to do, but after a quiet pre-seasson, we can build. Well done Saints. 

43 minutes ago, eelpie said:

I'm very pleased. We've now signed two decent defenders, each with potential, followsing Bertie's departure with Vesty lightly to leave.

More to do, but after a quiet pre-seasson, we can build. Well done Saints. 

We've only signed one for the first team, Simeu is for the B team, for whom we've also signed Olly Lancashire

1 hour ago, Chez said:

the next Lallana?

Our scouts seem to have spent a fair bit of time looking at U23 possibilities an charming their agents. 

I think the club identified how utterly terrible the U23's were last season, that had a knock on to the u18's as we had to keep picking apart their squad with players that weren't ready.

So I think there has been fair focus on that this year.

11 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I think the club identified how utterly terrible the U23's were last season, that had a knock on to the u18's as we had to keep picking apart their squad with players that weren't ready.

So I think there has been fair focus on that this year.

We needed to get players in now to compete at U23 level so that they can make the step up in a season or two. If we didn’t then the cost to us in transfer fees in two years would have crippled us as we would need to buy a few.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Dynel Simeu