Dynel Simeu

SuperSAINT

13 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

We needed to get players in now to compete at U23 level so that they can make the step up in a season or two. If we didn’t then the cost to us in transfer fees in two years would have crippled us as we would need to buy a few.

Are you trying to say that the club are making plans for the future? And that someone at the club might actually know what they're doing? I don't think this sort of thinking will go down too well with many on this forum....

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Piran said:

Are you trying to say that the club are making plans for the future? And that someone at the club might actually know what they're doing? I don't think this sort of thinking will go down too well with many on this forum....

It's all very well making plans for the future but we also have to live in the present. 

On 05/08/2021 at 20:23, SuperSAINT said:

Hope he can be fast tracked into the first team, if only for the confusion it will cause between Adam Blackmore and Dave Merrington having Adams(C), Adams(j), Armstrong (A), and Armstrong (S) in the same line up.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

If Jack’s injury is a bad one, I guess Simeu moves up to 4th choice centre-back behind Sali / Bednarek & Lyanco.

Wonder if this accelerates Lyanco along too. Lets see if he plays tomorrow and, if so, how he does.

4 minutes ago, TWar said:

Wonder if this accelerates Lyanco along too. Lets see if he plays tomorrow and, if so, how he does.

*Please let Lyanco be good*

I remember Wesley Hoedt posting pictures of lions to represent himself, until he played and we realised he was more like a Poodle on ice.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I remember Wesley Hoedt posting pictures of lions to represent himself, until he played and we realised he was more like a Poodle on ice.

Home Page | Uniting the Poodle Clubs Of Great Britain | Poodle Council 
Expect to hear from their lawyers soon SuperSAINT...

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Not super hopeful tbh, seems like a massive cheap out, then again if anyone can get him firing it's Ralph. Excellent manager for improving players.

18 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

😬

Only one game to be fair.

But my fear is that he did exactly what everyone has said he's done at all of his clubs, so it must be totally embedded in his game. Be a challenge to remove that 'showmanness' out of his game. Certainly won't fit in this country if that's how he plays.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

That pass to jwp was awful .. not the debut we wanted and needs alot of work .. needs to get tighter and was miles away at times from salisu .. has an air about him but needs to learn how quick the game is over here . Won’t get that much time to dilly on the ball like he did this evening.. very average debut .. but if we are honest didn’t expect the Kaiser or tony Adams to show up 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

Was he just signed to get Livramento?  It the worst idea if it swayed him and makes it easier to settle in. He seems a long way short at the moment given the team he’s come from. I bet we’d play Romeu at CB before we resorted to him. 

He wasn't signed for the first team, he was signed to the B team. With a view to joining the first team eventually.

"Eventually" not meaning "by the end of September in his first season".

He won't be playing for the first team any time soon.

33 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

Was he just signed to get Livramento?  It the worst idea if it swayed him and makes it easier to settle in. He seems a long way short at the moment given the team he’s come from. I bet we’d play Romeu at CB before we resorted to him. 

Obviously we didn’t sign a chelsea youth team player to play in our kids team so we could sign another Chelsea player who walked straight into our first team. If it was the other round you might have a point but You do come out with some bollocks Adrian 

Edited by Turkish

• 4 months later...

I did think he'd be closer to the first team this season though, that was the talk when we signed him ''He'd be part of the 1st team'' - but he's not been too close, never looked likely to play. Think he was in the squad over a few games at Christmas, but I thought he may get a go at Swansea but never did.

Not sure if it's panned out exactly how we all thought it would, as I doubt he moved here to clog up our B Team and then go to Carlisle...!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I did think he'd be closer to the first team this season though, that was the talk when we signed him ''He'd be part of the 1st team'' - but he's not been too close, never looked likely to play. Think he was in the squad over a few games at Christmas, but I thought he may get a go at Swansea but never did.

Not sure if it's panned out exactly how we all thought it would, as I doubt he moved here to clog up our B Team and then go to Carlisle...!

Was hoping to get a look at him in the cup vs Coventry! Oh well good luck it’s cold up there ! 

On 24/09/2021 at 03:31, Turkish said:

Obviously we didn’t sign a chelsea youth team player to play in our kids team so we could sign another Chelsea player who walked straight into our first team. If it was the other round you might have a point but You do come out with some bollocks Adrian 

Rumour had it that we signed Imants "Pants" Bleidelis to keep fellow-Latvian Marian Pahars company 20 years back, and it worked a treat as Supermarian became our star striker, so maybe we did sign the Chelsea kids as a block to keep each other company this time round, not knowing who among them would turn out well and who wouldn't.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

Rumour had it that we signed Imants "Pants" Bleidelis to keep fellow-Latvian Marian Pahars company 20 years back, and it worked a treat as Supermarian became our star striker, so maybe we did sign the Chelsea kids as a block to keep each other company this time round, not knowing who among them would turn out well and who wouldn't.

So we did it once 20 years ago when we signed a young man from Latvia. Not exactly the same as signing a young English lad from Croydon. Plus we’ve got Broja here from Chelsea as well, maybe he’s only here to keep Tino company too with the club hoping by the end of that year he’d have made some new friends? 

6 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

Repeated the trick with Delgado and Kleber (Klever?) Chala. Without the success.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Think you are mistaken here, he was brought in to play in the B team, he was never expected to be 1st team this season. It was a mild surprise when he made the squad a couple of times but that surely indicated he was actually doing better than expected. Didn't make the Swansea team but that was due to circumstances with injuries, Covid and suspensions, reasonably sure some of the kids would have played otherwise. The B Team seem to have clicked now and doing well, though chances of promotion now are limited, so not too much to play for so a loan to get some competitive experience for the rest of the season makes a lot of sense. Why Carlisle though, very strange choice, thought somewhere more local would be better for keeping tabs on him or somewhere where we already have a player as seems to be the latest 'philosophy'. Also as others have noted, frees up a place for the Cheltenham lad.

• Like 1

Was signed to be a part of the B team, and with this new kid coming in, I'm guessing they're expecting him to play for the B team, and therefore think it's the right time to give Simeu a few months playing every week.  Be interesting to see how he gets on. If he does well, it wouldn't surprise me if one of our CB's goes in the summer, whether thats Stephens or Bednarek.

4 hours ago, Scummer said:

Maybe he's not that good? I did raise this as a possibility at the time he signed, based on something I was told by a player.

A loan to a bottom end league 2 side makes you wander. Eastleigh Town wouldn't have been a much lower standard. That said, it'll be regular men's football which will do him no harm. 

7 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

Who told you what, if you don't mind telling?

Someone I know who played against him in B team / youth football when he was at Chelsea. My friend was very surprised when he heard he was signing for us. That's not too say he won't make it, but I always felt it was a way to bulk our squad out at low cost/risk.

3 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Didn’t look terrible, but probably showing some inexperience - first was a header down to an attacker where he seemed to do ok to get the ball but headed it to the worst place, and the second got tight to a player letting the goalscorer nip in through the gap between the centre backs. Hopefully he plays most games between now and the end of the season as it’ll only improve him.

1 hour ago, disconnect said:

Didn’t look terrible, but probably showing some inexperience - first was a header down to an attacker where he seemed to do ok to get the ball but headed it to the worst place, and the second got tight to a player letting the goalscorer nip in through the gap between the centre backs. Hopefully he plays most games between now and the end of the season as it’ll only improve him.

I watched the whole game (vested interest in the away side :smug:), and thought he was OK for the most part, especially considering the context of this being his senior debut, being thrown straight into the first team after one training session and in a team that has been mostly terrible this season, up against a team currently chasing an automatic promotion place.

Not really sure how much blame he should take for the two goals, tbh. First one isn't a great header but as you say he did pretty well to stop the initial cross when there were two attackers coming in behind him. Second goal is just a good team goal, IMO, really well worked between the lines and a quality through-ball that at that level is probably a 1 in 10 chance that it goes right into the attacker's path. The one big mistake he made was actually in the second half where he made a bit of a mess of intercepting a long ball down the middle which allowed the striker a run on goal but he atoned for the error by getting back to make an excellent block.

He looked comfortable on the ball (unlike most of his team mates) and seemed to be doing a lot of the defensive organisation, which says a fair amount both for his leadership qualities and also the lack of them among the rest of the Carlisle defence!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, stevegrant said:

I watched the whole game (vested interest in the away side :smug:), and thought he was OK for the most part, especially considering the context of this being his senior debut, being thrown straight into the first team after one training session and in a team that has been mostly terrible this season, up against a team currently chasing an automatic promotion place.

Not really sure how much blame he should take for the two goals, tbh. First one isn't a great header but as you say he did pretty well to stop the initial cross when there were two attackers coming in behind him. Second goal is just a good team goal, IMO, really well worked between the lines and a quality through-ball that at that level is probably a 1 in 10 chance that it goes right into the attacker's path. The one big mistake he made was actually in the second half where he made a bit of a mess of intercepting a long ball down the middle which allowed the striker a run on goal but he atoned for the error by getting back to make an excellent block.

He looked comfortable on the ball (unlike most of his team mates) and seemed to be doing a lot of the defensive organisation, which says a fair amount both for his leadership qualities and also the lack of them among the rest of the Carlisle defence!

Sounds like the Carlisle fans were probably looking for someone to blame then! Or for some reason expected him to come in and win them the match from centre back on his senior debut 🤣

Good to hear it wasn’t as bad as what I originally heard and sounds like he’ll get more opportunities, even if it is in quite a poor team

• 1 month later...