Other Games 21/22

whelk

1 minute ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Trippier scores for sandcastle united.

Chambers giving away a rather clumsy freekick right on the edge of the box for the Sportswashers to capitalise on.

19 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Comedy second for Wolves. 2-0 against Spurs.

Perhaps they needed a shouty, if not entirely effective, presence in midfield today. I can only hope the Wolves fans are telling Conte to shush every time he moans.

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Wonder how much the Saudis paid for those offside VAR lines

Such a load of shit, it really is. How in god's f**king name is that clear and obvious? Thought we were getting rid of these stupid interminable forensic offside inquests.

Oh dear oh dear Conte…

Meanwhile, there continues to be no evidence whatsoever that Steven Gerrard is going to be any good as a manager.. 

That said, the offside decision against Villa‘s goal was criminally tight and could not have amounted to an unfair advantage. 

Edited by adrian lord
  • Haha 1

Burnley well adrift now, they're all but gone in my eyes. Games in hand or not, they're absolute garbage and this is the season it finally comes to roost I think.

If anything that Bottom 3 looks the bottom 3 to me, I'd be surprised if it changes apart from the order.

Happy enough to see Newcastle beat Villa. They're not going down now, let's face it. So I'd prefer to see them taking points off our more direct rivals.

Just need WH to draw or win against Leicester and we can finish the weekend above the two teams that poached our 'best' players in the summer.

• Like 1

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

$andca$tle make me sick! 

Buying their way out and now VAR mysteriously lending a hand...

The bottom 3 are gone IMO.

If there was some sort of VAR conspiracy (puts on tin foil hat handily available from Salmons covid posts), I'd have thought the current top clubs would have conspired against the Sportswashers. Not that they would have preempted it, by already having bought it off. I mean, what's the point of being in the Football Illuminati, if some Journalist-Killer-Come-Lately can just buy their way in?

3 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Happy enough to see Newcastle beat Villa. They're not going down now, let's face it. So I'd prefer to see them taking points off our more direct rivals.

Just need WH to draw or win against Leicester and we can finish the weekend above the two teams that poached our 'best' players in the summer.

Agreed, apart from the fact they only 'thought ' they were our best players.

3 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

If they had lost they would only have been 1 point in front of Norwich now it’s 4. Villa were dogs and gave them the game.

38 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Such a load of shit, it really is. How in god's f**king name is that clear and obvious? Thought we were getting rid of these stupid interminable forensic offside inquests.

A terrible angle from which to make such an important decision. Another of my gripes about VAR.

4 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Doesn’t matter when we play Newcastle, they’ll be safe by then. That VAR decision was abysmal.

They won't go down now, mores the pity.  I feel for Burnley and their fans,  they've been shit over by Newcastle.  

2 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

If there was some sort of VAR conspiracy (puts on tin foil hat handily available from Salmons covid posts), I'd have thought the current top clubs would have conspired against the Sportswashers. Not that they would have preempted it, by already having bought it off. I mean, what's the point of being in the Football Illuminati, if some Journalist-Killer-Come-Lately can just buy their way in?

I think the "arrangement" will be for the Geordies to be stuck in mid-table mediocrity in perpetuity. Until and unless they manage European qualification, their appeal to the really World Class players will be limited.

11 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

If they had lost they would only have been 1 point in front of Norwich now it’s 4. Villa were dogs and gave them the game.

The Villa 'keeper went out of his way to position Buendia in a way that increased the chance of a deflection.

Zouma feeling "unwell" and has dropped out the squad. No excuse for having the utter scumbag in the squad in the first place.

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson