Other Games 21/22

whelk

8 minutes ago, DT said:

Trippier did his metatarsal. Fracture so out for 6 weeks? hahahahahahaha. Bad luck Newcastle. Can't buy your way out of that one

He’s probably already kept them up with his 2 free kicks in the last 2 games, they’re now 4 points clear and I can’t see any of the bottom teams coming close to catching them. 

Howe has done a decent job there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dman said:

He’s probably already kept them up with his 2 free kicks in the last 2 games, they’re now 4 points clear and I can’t see any of the bottom teams coming close to catching them. 

Howe has done a decent job there.

Really..! If you spend 90 million quid in the January transfer window alone, you really should be staying up at a very bare minimum...!!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Micky said:

Really..! If you spend 90 million quid in the January transfer window alone, you really should be staying up at a very bare minimum...!!!

They were on the road to recovery anyway.

Wasn’t the main issue with Howe that he spent a fortune at Bournemouth, and went down (after 5 seasons). 

seems many have an agenda against Howe on here. Firstly he’s crap because he’s rubbish at spending money. Now he’s crap and they’re only playing well because he’s spent money 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, DT said:

Trippier did his metatarsal. Fracture so out for 6 weeks? hahahahahahaha. Bad luck Newcastle. Can't buy your way out of that one

Good hope some of their other signings go down, it would be karma for their scummy 'gaming' of the covid rules to get those games moved when they only had like 3-4 Covid cases. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dman said:

Wasn’t the main issue with Howe that he spent a fortune at Bournemouth, and went down (after 5 seasons). 

seems many have an agenda against Howe on here. Firstly he’s crap because he’s rubbish at spending money. Now he’s crap and they’re only playing well because he’s spent money 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wrong I don’t rate Howe based on goals conceded in 4 seasons and failure to address that leading to relegation.

No agenda just results.

Howe had 1 win in 10 before 22nd January. Including an embarrassing defeat against Cambridge.

Everyone knows what changed between his appointment and the 22nd January and it wasn’t his tactics. His record could have been worse had Newcastle played their two scheduled fixtures, but they beat Everton after pushing the game back.

Newcastle would’ve remained in the same position as Norwich, Watford and Burnley had they not spent the most amount of money in Europe. The homesick excuse was coming.

• Like 2

On 14/02/2022 at 13:39, Dman said:

The road to recovery...?  So why spend 90 million quid then?

I have no agenda against Howe, in fact other than my last post I can't actually remember ever commenting on him.  But if you can find my agenda laden posts, feel free to quote them.  Also, I never said he was crap, I said that if you spend 90 million quid in the January transfer window the very least you should expect is to stay up - I stand by that.

2 minutes ago, Micky said:

The road to recovery...?  So why spend 90 million quid then?

I have no agenda against Howe, in fact other than my last post I can't actually remember ever commenting on him.  But if you can find my agenda laden posts, feel free to quote them.  Also, I never said he was crap, I said that if you spend 90 million quid in the January transfer window the very least you should expect is to stay up - I stand by that.

Because they can. It’s obviously helped them, but I think Howe would have kept them up anyway, given how poor the league is. The only player to have really made a significant impact for them is tripper. 

Newcastle + Saudi Money + Unceremonious sacking of manager Steve Bruce + Appointment of their "first Choice" coach (NOT!!!) Eddie Howe + Injuries to key players + Cancel games before they can spend the money "allegedly" because of Covid + Winter break "Don't worry about rearranging cancelled games. Let's all go on holiday to......Saudi" + Spend big in January + Buy striker (Chris Wood) from main relegation rival + Buy Trippier, he scores a couple of vital goals and things are suddenly looking better + New striker (the same Chris Wood) yet to score + Trippier breaks foot and could be out for "weeks" = Karma.

Just need Saint-Maximin to get injured and I reckon they'll be deep in the mire again.

Edited by Saint Keef
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Does anybody know why we couldn't have played Newcastle this week?

It's all a bit weird isn't it, still not a dicky bird on this re-arrangement! I can see it being shoehorned to right at the back of the season, they'll need to make sure they've got Wilson and Trippier back.

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It's all a bit weird isn't it, still not a dicky bird on this re-arrangement! I can see it being shoehorned to right at the back of the season, they'll need to make sure they've got Wilson and Trippier back.

I hope it’s the penultimate game of the season and I hope that miraculously they’re still in with a shout of relegation. A Saints victory would rarely ever taste so sweet.

• Like 1

It really should be a midweek in March. The week after our FA cup game or the week after that. Them and us have only got weekend fixtures between our cup game and the international break. 
Ridiculous that it still hasn’t been rescheduled 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Beheadings to attend?

18 minutes ago, whelk said:

And Ole never had Utd playing this poorly 

I’m on a WhatsApp group which includes 4 Man U fans who every week were demanding Ole be sacked, now they’re bemoaning what Ralf Raniek has done to Man United 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Pep is so weird. He is saying they were sloppy today, they need to be better etc.

Yet against us, he went up to the camera when questioned if it was the best they'd played all season after a 1-1....'''..for sure''. Odd guy, but incredibly talented to be fair.

Brighton being Brighton, missing gilt edged chances by the sounds of it. Keeps them within distance of us though.

United were awful again. Brighton missed some great chances, harsh red, Ronaldo scored a great goal but missed a couple of sitters. 
Even with 10 men Brighton had chances then done on the break in injury time. 
United are a horrible side. Some quality but lazy, moaning, entitled and pretty poor to watch. They won’t finish 4th. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jack said:

United were awful again. Brighton missed some great chances, harsh red, Ronaldo scored a great goal but missed a couple of sitters. 
Even with 10 men Brighton had chances then done on the break in injury time. 
United are a horrible side. Some quality but lazy, moaning, entitled and pretty poor to watch. They won’t finish 4th. 

My bet is on Arsenal for 4th. It has been fashionable to bash/laugh at them for a long time.  But they have some pretty good younger players, and a few games in hand.

3 hours ago, Shroppie said:

Just seen the red card incident. Clear yellow and correct initial decision. Players mob the ref in true OT style of old. Despite there being clear cover VAR tell him to look at it and he duly upgrades to red.

Outrageous.

It wasn’t clear cover. Some way away and Elanga if not fouled woudl have been in on goal

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

It wasn’t clear cover. Some way away and Elanga if not fouled woudl have been in on goal

I thought the defender was getting across, at least it was going to be close. 
For me the ref hasn’t made a clear and obvious error by awarding the yellow, so shouldn’t overturn it. 

12 minutes ago, Jack said:

I thought the defender was getting across, at least it was going to be close. 
For me the ref hasn’t made a clear and obvious error by awarding the yellow, so shouldn’t overturn it. 

He is asked to review it only. We know what that means although woudl be refreshing if once they stuck with original opinion.

I won’t be defending VAR any time soon as generally hate it but don’t think yesterday’s decision was a howler of a correction 

56 minutes ago, whelk said:

He is asked to review it only. We know what that means although woudl be refreshing if once they stuck with original opinion.

I won’t be defending VAR any time soon as generally hate it but don’t think yesterday’s decision was a howler of a correction 

Whatever, it's still VAR re-refereeing the game and it undermines the onfield referee.

17 hours ago, whelk said:

Unbeaten against Man City looks an even more incredible achievement. One of Portugal’s best teams are 4-0 down at half time.

Tremendous performance from City and great atmosphere in Lisbon.  I'd love to see us in the Europa League again and this time treating it more seriously. On current form, it looks a realistic objective for next year. In fact, if we win the FA Cup this year, it might even be sooner than that.

My wish list this Saturday……

West HAm V Newcastle………..West Ham win or draw

Arsenal V Brentford………………Brentford win

Aston Villa V Watford……………Watford win

Brighton V Burnley…………….…..Burnley win

Crystal Palace V Chelsea………Chelsea win

Liverpool V Norwich………………Norwich win

Us V them……………………..……..COYS win of course 

Man city V Spurs…………………..City win

7 hours ago, Gingeletiss said:

My wish list this Saturday……

West HAm V Newcastle………..West Ham win or draw

Arsenal V Brentford………………Brentford win

Aston Villa V Watford……………Watford win

Brighton V Burnley…………….…..Burnley win

Crystal Palace V Chelsea………Chelsea win

Liverpool V Norwich………………Norwich win

Us V them……………………..……..COYS win of course 

Man city V Spurs…………………..City win

Burnley win ? Why?

1 hour ago, Give it to Ron said:

Burnley win ? Why?

1 hour ago, SaintBobby said:

Because we can catch Brighton and won’t be caught by Burnley?

Quite, and we want as much pressure on Newcastle as possible. Burnley getting points on the board and then taking advantage of their games in hand is the best hope of dragging Newcastle back in it.

I don't really know why anyone would want Burnley not to win today.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Quite, and we want as much pressure on Newcastle as possible. Burnley getting points on the board and then taking advantage of their games in hand is the best hope of dragging Newcastle back in it.

I don't really know why anyone would want Burnley not to win today.

Because I have bet on Brighton to win. Sorry

40 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

If Toon get anything from today, then I won't waste anymore energy on wanting them to get sucked into to relegation.

That team is poor. Time to earn all the praise you've been getting Eddie. 

Thought they'd win today again but without St Maximumimum I'm not so sure