Other Games 21/22

whelk

2 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

The Villa 'keeper went out of his way to position Buendia in a way that increased the chance of a deflection.

Zouma feeling "unwell" and has dropped out the squad. No excuse for having the utter scumbag in the squad in the first place.

That's a CATastrophy for the Hammers.

1 minute ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

The Villa 'keeper went out of his way to position Buendia in a way that increased the chance of a deflection.

Zouma feeling "unwell" and has dropped out the squad. No excuse for having the utter scumbag in the squad in the first place.

Is that really the line that West Ham have trotted out? Football has no morals, cowardice from board, management and players. 

• Like 2

Souness has "no sympathy" for Zouma and has gone out of his way to say "He wouldn't have in the team this year" if he was manager. Until "he showed real remorse"

Also as a player, he "would not want to be in the same team as him". Souness not having any of the PR statements from the club, despite what his spineless co hosts are saying. Well done, Sir.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Micky said:

Is that really the line that West Ham have trotted out? Football has no morals, cowardice from board, management and players. 

Morals ? From the Dildo Brothers ? Look at the shameful arrangement that gifted them their new stadium.

Edited by badgerx16

14 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Souness has "no sympathy" for Zouma and has gone out of his way to say "He wouldn't have in the team this year" if he was manager. Until "he showed real remorse"

Also as a player, he "would not want to be in the same team as him". Souness not having any of the PR statements from the club, despite what his spineless co hosts are saying. Well done, Sir.

I don't necessarily disagree with his sentiments here but my general impression of him over the last couple of years is of someone who is kind of losing his marbles a bit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stknowle said:

I don't necessarily disagree with his sentiments here but my general impression of him over the last couple of years is of someone who is kind of losing his marbles a bit.

Oh possibly. I don't see him too often. But perhaps he's just at the satge of giving an honest opinion. He did ask if there was time for him to get his say, so it wasn't a rant or anything.

35 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Sullivan also made a nice 1 million payment to the head of an organised crime gang, who engaged in lots of violence and money laundering. Utter scum.

Are you getting confused with when they signed Andy Carroll?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Are you getting confused with when they signed Andy Carroll?

Oh, lets see... nips off to other bits of the Interweb for Sauce...

Here we go... It was recent enough for it to stick in my mind..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/west-ham-owner-s-ps1m-loan-to-crime-boss-9321418.html

Gerrard 1 win in 7. New manager bounce over?

I don't blame him, personally, Villa job is hard because of how wildly overrated their squad is. Stupid fans and pundits thinking a midtable at best squad is europe level and getting surprised when it performs to a midtable standard. Digne and Coutinho were both cracking signings but they need more than that to match up to this "top 6 challenger" delusion so many in the football world seem to have.

Edited by TWar

Foxestalk - apparently all Rodgers fault for making that substitution and that it was bringing Jannik on that cost the game.

I thought I'd check his Instagram too and turns out you can't comment on his page either 😬

Bloke must be the most hated man in Leicester right now

Feels like Vestergaard is being a bit scapegoated by the Leicester fans on this result, he didn't actually cause their equaliser to be honest.

He's made that bed though as generally he has been lower-league standard for them, and bar a purple patch in 2020 he wasn't ever much better than that for us.

Edited by S-Clarke

28 minutes ago, St.Jeweller said:

Martin Tyler said in commentary when Vest came on that its a case of "what we have we hold" for Brendan Rogers.

So I thought its a bit dodgy bringing Vest on then and straight away West Ham equalise keeping us in 10th place.

Agent J continues to support our cause.

• Haha 1

Newcastle have picked up a couple of injuries including Trippier. I guess they'll have nine players testing positive for Covid this week.

Leicester fans singing something about Zouma (even though he didn't play) I couldn't make out all the words but it involved the words"Zouma",  "Cat" and "lives in a council flat". He's going to get that for the rest of the season and possibly his career. Moron! No sympathy here.

Spuds 0 Wolves 2. Blimey, we must have really knocked the stuffing out of them. I haven't seen Conte's reaction, but it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke. How many more home defeats before Levy decides he's not their manager anymore? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Someone tell me we are playing Leicester soon?

4 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Last match of the season I think.

4 hours ago, JRM said:

Yep can't see there being anything at stake in that one 

Not even us needing a win to seal our Europa League qualification...? ;)

Watched the first half of the Newcastle Villa game, annoying Newcastle won but Villa were really bad, really flat and looked lethargic, half them looked they hadn't played together. Also think it showed the issue of Coutinho, if he's not on the ball he doesn't offer anything at all, defensively he's poor and can't press, he's not that quick and just looked a little lost if they couldn't link to him.

Also can't help but laugh at Ings, 13 starts all season, just the 4 goals and now seems reduced to 10-15 minute cameos, good career step there Danny, grass is not always greener and all that. 

7 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Also can't help but laugh at Ings, 13 starts all season, just the 4 goals and now seems reduced to 10-15 minute cameos, good career step there Danny, grass is not always greener and all that. 

I don't think he really cares. He's nearing retirement and he's working less hours for more money. Wouldn't every one of us want the same?

• Like 1

When you see how far the likes of Ings, Vestergaard and Bertrand have fallen in a matter of months, it makes our summer business look even more amazing.

If I can recall, replacing Ings with some Chelsea u23 kid and a Championship striker was relegation accepting decisions. How wrong many of us were 😂

12 hours ago, tajjuk said:

Watched the first half of the Newcastle Villa game, annoying Newcastle won but Villa were really bad, really flat and looked lethargic, half them looked they hadn't played together. Also think it showed the issue of Coutinho, if he's not on the ball he doesn't offer anything at all, defensively he's poor and can't press, he's not that quick and just looked a little lost if they couldn't link to him.

To fair, based on the last half of last season and assuming we still took Broja on loan can't see he'd have played much more for us this season. Probably still ahead of AA but sadly think he is now living on past - relatively short lived - glories. Never the same after his covid, wonder if AV got his medical done on the cheap, concentrated on his knee and overlooked general fitness.