Other Games 21/22

whelk

13 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

Yeah, should have checked out the fact they had their reserves out 🙄. You would think the holders would want to try and win it again. 

Not sure what you mean there. Looks like pretty much Leicester's best available team except Schmiechel? Fair play to Forest, great result.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Saint Pete said:

Not sure what you mean there. Looks like pretty much Leicester's best available team except Schmiechel? Fair play to Forest, great result.

Yep I’m talking rubbish, not sure what I was looking at or thinking. Did not watch the game, think I have had to much Sherry. Great result from Forest. 👍

31 minutes ago, The Cat said:

A quick scan of it shows most fans on there want Rodgers sacked.

Leicester are just returning to norm as a mid-table prem team/strugglers (Very similar to us) - they've had a few years above their norm and it was never sustainable long-term for a club like them. They seem to have decided that they are top 4 challengers/Cup Winners every year and that's clouding their judgement, they'll regret getting rid of Rodgers imo.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Leicester are just returning to norm as a mid-table prem team/strugglers (Very similar to us) - they've had a few years above their norm and it was never sustainable long-term for a club like them. They seem to have decided that they are top 4 challengers/Cup Winners every year and that's clouding their judgement, they'll regret getting rid of Rodgers imo.

They've won the league and FA cup in the space of a few years along with some brilliant European nights, they should be content with that for a bit 

Bournemouth were so bad. Boreham Wood deserved that based on their efforts alone, Bournemouth just huffed and puffed without doing anything. 

Everton away is a great money spinner for Boreham Wood, given the way games have gone in this years FA Cup who knows what'll happen.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Non-league Boreham Wood through to the last 16 without conceding a goal.

Expect Everton will be a step too far but that's a phenomenal run.

I hope for them it is on TV.  Rather see that than the inevitable Liverpool v Norwich procession 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beatlesaint said:

It will be. After Kidderminster and Plymouth at Chelsea the TV companies just love games like that.

The TV companies love to show Liverpool and Utd. Don’t know how works for midweek and assume only 3 of 8 on tv whereas at weekend can get 6 or 7 slots

20 hours ago, Turkish said:

You don’t recall correctly. I didn’t “want half their team” I simply said when people were arrogantly dismissing Burnley as a shit team, so shit we only managed to finish 4 points above them last season that for at least 6 of their players you could make a case would get in our team. It seems that even this season with them bottom of the league and been utter crap all season that some would take 3-4 of their players. Anyway nice to see you’re backing down after another failing to make another completely ridiculous point. 

People were right though, they are a shit team. 

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Staggering that the AFCON final is still nil nil

Thought I'd give this match a shot to see what it's all about, what am I watching? It's absolute dross, has this been the standard of the tournament?

They want it to be respected, but I get more entertainment from Vanarama league games.

17 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Spread over 3 nights, ITV and BBC will probably show 4 or 5 between them

4 will be on TV bare minimum, especially as the early round replays all got canned.

I would imagine there may be one or two of 6 o'clock kick offs for ITV4.

This is year one of the BBC/ITV deal so will be interesting to see the approach.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Thought I'd give this match a shot to see what it's all about, what am I watching? It's absolute dross, has this been the standard of the tournament?

They want it to be respected, but I get more entertainment from Vanarama league games.

The ref seems to be stopping the game every 30 seconds!

Dreadful

Weird ref decisions in this one. Over zealous with cards in the first half. A game littered with stoppages for free kicks.

Ref's reluctance to follow through on his card decisions meant there were bookable, persistent fouls in the second that were let go.

He booked someone for winning a header at one point. Yet, he was always in control of the game and there weren't too many complaints from the players.

He did offer his book and whistle to Salah, after some complaining as if saying "are you running this game?"