Other Games 21/22

whelk

8 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Everton have been Garbage 

For the umpteenth time this season. 

Sacking Rafa and appointing Lampard won't make much difference. Their problems go way deeper than just the manager. 

I've only just noticed that Alli came on as a sub. He's been completely anonymous so far. 

Anthony Gordon is the only player in that team who ever looks like making any impact. I reckon he will get an England call up sooner or later. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

Yeah not a chance they are going down now I don't think. 

Cracking free kick from Trippier. 

But let's not understate how terrible Everton have been. 

Just had a look at their fixtures...after they play Leeds then us, they have a far harder run-in compared to most 

Genuinely think I’d prefer Everton to go down over Newcastle. It’d be f**king hilarious to see their entitled bellend fans crying come the end of the season. Being interviewed on TV moaning “we don’t deserve to be relegated, we were the first team to have dug outs” in their whiny little scouse accents.

Relegation would make no odds to Newcastle, they’d romp the Championship having fun whilst doing so, spend an obscene amount of money to get promoted, and laugh off the FFP fine like so many clubs before them. In fact if i was a Newcastle fan I would almost want to go down just for the crack it would be next season!

• Like 2

The appointment of Dan Ashworth will mean Newcastle will start having a plan now, which is a shame. Everton are a bit more rotten behind the scenes, and don't have any footballing nous/plans there seemingly. Would be funny if they go down. Some wanted Lampard and Alli here, with both having question marks over their managerial and current playing ability, let Everton take the hit.

Everton, even though they looked terrible, should be absolutely fine I'd have thought. Newcastle will sadly be well clear by the end in my opinion.

Burnley need to start getting wins, draws aren't going to get them far - but they're still competitive. Watford look pants though.

5 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Burnley starting to grind out results. 3 straight draws 

Solid at the back but dont score nowhere near enough goals. It took a Harry Maguire masterclass to gift them one tonight. Wouldnt be sad to see the back of Burnley, shite club that play a minging brand of football

The new manager "bounce" is over at Everton then. As much as I didn't want Newcastle to win, the consolation is, it's pulled Everton right into the mix and looking around that Everton team, I wonder if they have the right characters for a relegation scrap.  I can also see Brentford dropping further into the mix. 

11 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Just had a look at their fixtures...after they play Leeds then us, they have a far harder run-in compared to most 

If you use this "difficulty predictor" and extend it to the end of the season, Newcastle are bottom - i.e. hardest set of fixtures and Burnley are 3rd from top - https://www.footballfallout.com/fantasy-football-planner could still be interesting.

1 hour ago, vince said:

If you use this "difficulty predictor" and extend it to the end of the season, Newcastle are bottom - i.e. hardest set of fixtures and Burnley are 3rd from top - https://www.footballfallout.com/fantasy-football-planner could still be interesting.

Was wondering what the fixtures would be like because it seems like Newcastle have been playing the teams around them for about the past two months. Everton, Leeds, Watford, Norwich, Burnley and Brentford among the games since the end of November. They went unbeaten in those games which is a good return (12 points) but will face a difficult spell soon.

I note we have the second easiest run in on paper

Edited by woodsaint1

21 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Really jealous of Danny Ings. He had a cracking front row seat to sit and watch a 3-3 thriller vs Leeds.

I imagine he's being rested for all those European games they've got to play.

TBF he will be raking it in for the next three years of his part time job. Fair play to his agent.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

TBF he will be raking it in for the next three years of his part time job. Fair play to his agent.

Exactly, football is not uppermost in Danny's mind, the move to villa was never about football. 

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

No actual CB's in the Leicester starting 11 today, Vestergaard sits on the bench.

That is the best £15m we'll ever make. The 30m for Ings doesn't look too shabby either.

Delboy would have been proud of the business we did with Leicester.

54 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Martinelli sent off for two fouls in one phase of play tonight, which I haven't seen since Chris Baird playing for Northern Ireland many years ago. 

West Ham know what they're doing by deflecting the Zouma story and bringing up the race card. 

I remember two quick yellows for Zaha, the day we all discovered what a shithouse JWP can be 😂

Still in his pocket forever. Is it possible for someone to photoshop JWP in the Norwich stand just as Zaha scuffs his penalty? (Last night)

2 hours ago, Micky said:

Exactly, football is not uppermost in Danny's mind, the move to villa was never about football. 

I think Ings ambition now goes to Newcastle who can definitely pay more. He doesn’t care whether to play in the championship or sit on the bench. 

7 hours ago, HKsaint said:

I think Ings ambition now goes to Newcastle who can definitely pay more. He doesn’t care whether to play in the championship or sit on the bench. 

perhaps his injury record and possibly how long he thinks his body parts will last were the reason he left for a last earning spurt !