Newcastle 2-2 Saints - Match Thread

Saint Matty 76

Just now, Convict Colony said:

KWP for perraud and Moi for Theo

I'm happy with that. Perraud ha struggled in his 2 games and KWP should give is more down the left. Moi is an interesting one, but he'll step in off the right and free up Livramento to get down the wing, and possibly allow JWP to get forward a bit. 

I fancy us today. A hard fought 2-1.  Armstrong to get both. 

3 hours ago, nta786 said:

Morning all,

If someone could provide a link to a good stream later or to a good IPTV service would be much appreciated so I could have a look before 3pm.

soccerstreams-100.com is brilliant

Choose "Weakspell" or "Ovostream" when the options appear. If the stream freezes just refresh, they're usually flawless though. 

Here's the direct link for our game https://redditlive.soccerstreams-100.com/event/newcastle-united-vs-southampton-match-preview/

• Like 1

So key findings for me is, Bednarek on bench again, no Lyanco (understandable though) or Shane Long not in the matchday squad.

Soon we will also need Stuart Armstrong to fit in there too.

Good team though keeping a clean sheet is what I'd like if we are to win this

2 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Yes but he’s shit 

I know, but we are going to need to put up with it until a new keeper is signed next summer when Forster leaves. Or perhaps if McCarthy is injured, suspended or fucks up badly for a run of games and Forster comes in.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

The bench with a keeper, CB, two fullbacks, a central midfielder and four attacking options looks nicely balanced.

Sure does. I hadn't noticed Broja in the bench until you posted. Nice to see him there. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Newcastle vs Saints - Match Thread
13 minutes ago, niceandfriendly said:

soccerstreams-100.com is brilliant

Choose "Weakspell" or "Ovostream" when the options appear. If the stream freezes just refresh, they're usually flawless though. 

Here's the direct link for our game https://redditlive.soccerstreams-100.com/event/newcastle-united-vs-southampton-match-preview/

Thank you! I'll give that a go later today :) 

23 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

KWP LB, Tino RB.

Ely in for Theo.

Broja on the bench.

I think those are the changes we wanted to see. (although maybe not the left back dropped, he's been sound)

Very harsh on Perraud. Smacks of trying to find a space for KWP at any cost.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

3pm Saturday games no longer allowed to be on tv now the crowds are back unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Nope- not on telly. It'll be a stream or radio job.

This season things have reverted to normal unlike last season where every game was televised

Ok got it, cheers guys.

1 minute ago, benjii said:

Strange team selection, as usual, but let's hope it works. 

I wouldn't call that team selection very strange. I personally wouldn't play Stephens but he played well last week so probably deserves to keep his place. Other tha are that Theo replaced and trying to fit in kwp and Livramento to the same team (something a few people wanted) and I think it's a pretty good team selection considering Armstrong is injured. 

1 minute ago, Billy the Kidd said:

And?

He is our No 1, rightly or wrongly, and just signed a new contract, Fraser is only providing cover just now. 

Continuing to play crap performing players week in week out regardless of performance is incredibly bizarre. Announcing Mccarthy as first choice based in the fact that he was happy to sign a new contract and be second choice no doubt next year is just weird. 

4 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

And?

He is our No 1, rightly or wrongly, and just signed a new contract, Fraser is only providing cover just now. 

It's not rocket science, he is shit and you could make a case against him for every goal we've conceded this season. He showed a willingness to switch the same keepers last year when they made mistakes so why not now?

1 minute ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

He showed a willingness to switch the same keepers last year when they made mistakes so why not now?

Because you will never build anything resembling a settled defence swapping ‘keepers every weekend. I’d have played Forster too but the sad fact is we have two substandard options and we’ve got to make our bed with one of them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Continuing to play crap performing players week in week out regardless of performance is incredibly bizarre. Announcing Mccarthy as first choice based in the fact that he was happy to sign a new contract and be second choice no doubt next year is just weird. 

I’m not disagreeing, but that wasn’t the original point, people shouldn’t be surprised at him picking Alex, should they, given what had been said. 

I dont think the selection is strange at all

Not sure Perroud deserved to be dropped but as others have said, KWP is more experienced in the the Premier League and has good pace, fitness and positional awareness to deal with the pace Newcastle offer up front

Glad to see Moi in and Broja on the bench

5 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

It's not rocket science, he is shit and you could make a case against him for every goal we've conceded this season. He showed a willingness to switch the same keepers last year when they made mistakes so why not now?

It’s not rocket science no bit I’m not surprised Alex is in goal, that was the original point. 

we likely only have one more season with Alex as first choice, next season I expect a new keeper. Tough on this season, although I’m still hoping we get someone in as first choice now, but wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t. 

Just now, jimmer42 said:

I dont think the selection is strange at all

Not sure Perroud deserved to be dropped but as others have said, KWP is more experienced in the the Premier League and has good pace, fitness and positional awareness to deal with the pace Newcastle offer up front

Glad to see Moi in and Broja on the bench

Think KWP has been impressive in both outings on the left(though newport was very weak opp). Perraud hasn't been terrible but when one of your best players from the previous season shows impressive form at left back i think it was the obvious decision to see if it works from the start.

48 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

The bench with a keeper, CB, two fullbacks, a central midfielder and four attacking options looks nicely balanced.

Add another centre back and striker to it and I’d guesstimate it could beat some Prem teams! 

4 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

It’s not rocket science no bit I’m not surprised Alex is in goal, that was the original point. 

we likely only have one more season with Alex as first choice, next season I expect a new keeper. Tough on this season, although I’m still hoping we get someone in as first choice now, but wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t. 

I haven't seen many people expressing surprise, more frustration. I think most people hold out hope for a change of heart, particularly if the poor performances continue. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Newcastle 2-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic