January 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Everton’s new signing, Vitaliy Mykolenko, "I have seen the last few games at Goodison Park and they were unbelievable."

Everton’s last five games at Goodison

Arsenal - Won 2-1

Liverpool - Lost 1-4

Spurs - Drew 0-0

Watford - Lost 2-5

West Ham - Lost 0-1

He didn’t clarify why they were unbelievable though….

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Everton’s new signing, Vitaliy Mykolenko, "I have seen the last few games at Goodison Park and they were unbelievable."

Everton’s last five games at Goodison

Arsenal - Won 2-1

Liverpool - Lost 1-4

Spurs - Drew 0-0

Watford - Lost 2-5

West Ham - Lost 0-1

Was probably on his phone for a good chunk of those :) 

7 hours ago, adriansfc said:

Any keeper links?

Daniel Bentely (Bristol City) was linked yesterday, via a twitter rumour, but there didn't seem much to it.

With Forster fit and Cabellero providing `ample' cover, assuming they get the contract extension sorted, I doubt we will sign a keeper in January. That's unless there is some sort of early run on Johnstone (and assuming we are actually interested).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Daniel Bentely (Bristol City) was linked yesterday, via a twitter rumour, but there didn't seem much to it.

With Forster fit and Cabellero providing `ample' cover, assuming they get the contract extension sorted, I doubt we will sign a keeper in January. That's unless there is some sort of early run on Johnstone (and assuming we are actually interested).

nope looks a bit like Gunn and he was shit.....................and btw isnt playing very well tbf............

Whether or not it comes via a new player, or promotion from the B team , we'll need at least one extra body for the first team 

as - until now - the club still counted Sam McQueen as one of our " Prem. 25 " squad.

** Think we might bring in a teenage talent from a top club "somewhere", who don't have a vision for the lad's future. 

type:  Livramento or Small. 

Whose the top rated goalkeeping talent on anyones books ? age around 18-21 who doesnt get first team games

Whose our goalkeeping expert on here ?

goalkeeper GIF

Edit found this website https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/statistics/players/future-stars/goalkeepers

Suggest we go for either of the Liefering goalies purely on the fact that Liefering is the feeder club of RB Salzburg so play the same way as the main team or poach their goalie Phillip Kohn whose 23.

Screenshot 2022-01-02 at 12.28.40.png

Edited by Convict Colony

As a part-time Bristol City fan (made it to more Bristol games than I have Saints games these last few years), Bentley would not be a good signing. He's fairly similar to McCarthy, though definitely more vocal, but makes the types of saves you'd expect an average keeper to make with nothing more. Doesn't control his area particularly well, and his kicking is poor. Perhaps he's more reliable than McCarthy at keeping the ball out the net but that's not saying much.

Don't expect many City fans would be too upset to see him leave.

• Like 1

I can only see activity this window if a higher priority target becomes available at a price that makes buying a first choice player for the next 3-4 seasons eg Johnstone, unless there is a change of ownership. The squad has more depth, CM is probably the one area where a couple of key injuries and/or suspensions could render the side uncompetitive again. 

Upgrading quality of course is a different story but that would be more of a summer activity with Forster’s huge wages gone etc. The 10s/wingers are up for replacing and if Broja doesn’t join on loan for a second season a first XI striker along with a keeper is most of any budget. Ideally a new first choice CB alongside Salisu on a new contract but that’s probably only happening with a decent takeover. Bednarek and Stephens aren’t bad, but both squad options as is Lyanco. If new owners were aiming higher, that’s an another area to upgrade. 

James Hill would be exactly the type of signing we should make in January. We aren't going to sign anyone who will improve our starting XI within our budget, and we have a pretty deep squad with few injuries and at this stage are not in pannic mode and about where we should be given squad quality & investment.

A player like Hill is very highly rated, could be loaned back to Fleetwood to join for pre season.

If our scouts rate him and the fee is right then its a no brainer.

As an aside BHA just about to sign a Poland Intl midfielder (18) for £8m and leave him where he is for now - those kind of fees are chicken feed/gamble money and Hill would be a lot less.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

10 million rising to 16 million for a young, inexperienced RB who cant get into Rangers starting 11. Are Everton not meant to be struggling financially? Ross Wilson must be laughing. Our business for Livramento looks unreal compared to that

10 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

10 million rising to 16 million for a young, inexperienced RB who cant get into Rangers starting 11. Are Everton not meant to be struggling financially? Ross Wilson must be laughing. Our business for Livramento looks unreal compared to that

Our business for Livramento looks unreal full stop.

I agree though, poor signing. I think regarding money they'll sell digne, probably to Chelsea, for £40m or so and then spend the lot on this fella and the new lb who cost about £25m iirc.

7 minutes ago, TWar said:

Our business for Livramento looks unreal full stop.

I agree though, poor signing. I think regarding money they'll sell digne, probably to Chelsea, for £40m or so and then spend the lot on this fella and the new lb who cost about £25m iirc.

Couple of points:

1. Chelsea will not be signing Digne for 40m and probably not on any permanent deal

2. Patterson may end up being a good signing for Everton and at the kind of money being mentioned its a relatively low fee for a rich club so they won't mind paying that if he does well

NB - no disagreement here that Livramento top value, but he is probably the exception rather than the rule.

22 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Couple of points:

1. Chelsea will not be signing Digne for 40m and probably not on any permanent deal

2. Patterson may end up being a good signing for Everton and at the kind of money being mentioned its a relatively low fee for a rich club so they won't mind paying that if he does well

NB - no disagreement here that Livramento top value, but he is probably the exception rather than the rule.

Out of interest, what makes you say point 1? Chelsea are wealthy as anything, Digne is a class player, neither Chilwell or Alonso have really impressed that much this season, and Chilwell is out for the season probably as he needs knee surgery. I could easily see them investing in Digne and then in the summer selling one of Chilwell or Alonso.

Paterson could end up being a good signing, but that team is on the ropes and if they are spending £15m they need more depth and quality at AM first and CB second imo and, even though they do need an RB too, they probably would be better off looking for someone more proven.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, TWar said:

Out of interest, what makes you say point 1? Chelsea are wealthy as anything, Digne is a class player, neither Chilwell or Alonso have really impressed that much this season, and Chilwell is out for the season probably as he needs knee surgery. I could easily see them investing in Digne and then in the summer selling one of Chilwell or Alonso.

Paterson could end up being a good signing, but that team is on the ropes and if they are spending £15m they need more depth and quality at AM first and CB second imo and, even though they do need an RB too, they probably would be better off looking for someone more proven.

Tbf, Chilwell was playing very well before his injury.  Alonso is a liability though so I'm not surprised they want a better second choice left back/wing back.

10 hours ago, TWar said:

Chilwell was superb this season before his injury

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

Chilwell who couldn't stop scoring and was a major part of their strong form before serious injury? 

I think he played like 6 matches this year in the league. Yes he had remarkable goal scoring form in them but I doubt they will be happy with just him and will probably want another player to rotate and compete going forwards. Now he is out for a while I really wouldn't be surprised to see Digne come in. Let's wait and see.

58 minutes ago, TWar said:

I think he played like 6 matches this year in the league. Yes he had remarkable goal scoring form in them but I doubt they will be happy with just him and will probably want another player to rotate and compete going forwards. Now he is out for a while I really wouldn't be surprised to see Digne come in. Let's wait and see.

Personally I think Digne has a higher ceiling. My stats say so.

Trippier to Newcastle looks a decent bit of business, good quality player with prem experience in a position they seriously need strengthening.

£25m seems steep for a 31 year old but they are loaded so I doubt they care. He isn't the sort of impactful player who will single handedly keep a team up but I think it is, annoyingly, a step in the right direction.

Edited by TWar

3 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Looks like Tripper to Newcastle is pretty much done…

Will mean very little if by the end of the window hes playing beside Lascelles or Clark or Schar. They desperately need a decent CB, CM and striker.

Still fully expect them to get out of trouble with the riches available. Sky the other week would've had you believe they were 15 points adrift and it would be the greatest escape ever fs. They're one win from safety and play Watford at home next

• Like 1

9 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

Will mean very little if by the end of the window hes playing beside Lascelles or Clark or Schar. They desperately need a decent CB, CM and striker.

Still fully expect them to get out of trouble with the riches available. Sky the other week would've had you believe they were 15 points adrift and it would be the greatest escape ever fs. They're one win from safety and play Watford at home next

They will survive comfortably, not least with the league in their 'pay'

6 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

They need 25 points from half a season so they'll need a big improvement to do it. 

Scoring goals will be a problem. Not sure there'll be guaranteed goals available for a club in a relegation fight even if they are loaded. 

their next games are watford, leeds and Everton so there's 9 of them right there 😉

34 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

If they can be bothered to play them…

Yes, true, they may lodge a complaint with the league that their latest transfers haven't quite come through yet so could they postpone, ta

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

They need 25 points from half a season so they'll need a big improvement to do it. 

Scoring goals will be a problem. Not sure there'll be guaranteed goals available for a club in a relegation fight even if they are loaded. 

They don't need a big improvement, they just need to out do Watford, Burnley and Norwich. That won't require Newcastle needing 25 more points as none of those sides are likely to break the 30 point mark.

1 hour ago, adriansfc said:

But they are only three points from safety so you can say the same about the other clubs down there. Watford have lost 6 in a row, Burnley still only one win and Norwich are hopeless.

With three or four good new signings Newcastle should be able to stay up with ease.

Many of these media predictions about transfers involving Saínts are only a combination of Fantasy Football and Fake News.

I don't see JWP going to Villa (or anywhere else) likewise Romeu is regular in Ralph's line-up I don't see him being allowed to go, and /or  

even wanting to leave.  Perraud and Lyanco only arrived in Summer and had limited game time, but nevertheless shown up reasonably well.

If you look at enough "sites" you'll see  Newcastle " bidding " for half the bench players in the Prem. ...('cos they got da' money ).

They will need to pay out huge sums for anyone who does sign with the players demanding a release clause  -  if /when they are relegated.

The whole subject is beyond boring.   I expect Saints to make one or two buys (despite what Semmens and Hasenhuttl have said).

We'll see one of two of the Academy lads out on short-term loans, but the transfer out of any " established player(s) "  is highly unlikely

unless we get the sort of offer .." we can't refuse ".