January 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

not a chance we would buy Ali and not a chance he would come here. He played yesterday for Spurs and looked half decent and very unlucky not to have scored. Ali, Son and Kane tore Liverpool apart up top, they just couldn't handle them are very lucky Spurs were so wasteful. Think Ali will feature far more for Spurs now......and if he doesn't i wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Newcastle.

Edited by BARCELONASAINT
spelling

5 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

No it isn't. Saints have never spent anything remotely close to £20m on a 17 year old 'for the future'.

The club has been very clear they want to buy talented young players, develop them and sell them for more than what we paid.

Talented young players cost money, and I highly doubt this lad would go for £20m anyway but it would be a signing that is exactly in line with our model.

Just sitting here surmising with nothing better to do.......how about, if Stu Armstrong does want away?  Wants to go back to Scotland? Highly unlikely that a former Celtic player would end up at Rangers I know, but a swap with this Joe Aribo lad reported above. Maybe?  Or would Tottenham (spit) be interested in Stu?.......maybe in exchange for an unsettled Dele Ali. Also unlikely, but just surmising. Go on then.....shoot me down in flames.   

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Saint Billy said:

Deli Alli name keeps coming up in gossip columns saying Ralph is keen on having him. 

12 hours ago, Saint Billy said:

Newsnow, I did mention they were gossip columns. More of a loan setup rather than buying. 

It appears only on GiveMeSport which is just churning out clickbait in the style of "xxxxx could be a great signing for....".

They do that in various combinations for loads of clubs and players over and over again.

If you Google Dele Alli plus any other club and there are similar stories:  far more rumours for other clubs like West Ham, Newcastle, Everton and in far more sources.

Anyone looking at the rumour mill and thinking that Dele Alli to Southampton "keeps coming up" is deluded. We're barely in the top five clubs linked to him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

It appears only on GiveMeSport which is just churning out clickbait in the style of "xxxxx could be a great signing for....".

They do that in various combinations for loads of clubs and players over and over again.

If you Google Dele Alli plus any other club and there are similar stories:  far more rumours for other clubs like West Ham, Newcastle, Everton and in far more sources.

Anyone looking at the rumour mill and thinking that Dele Alli to Southampton "keeps coming up" is deluded. We're barely in the top five clubs linked to him.

Agreed. Didn't realise it was one site putting out the same story but utter bollicks even if it was loads of different sources. 

6 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Another player I touted on here. Not sure why weren't we interested in him when he was available on a free from Charlton in 2019. Clearly talented. Jumping two divisions may have been a tall order. I guess the years at Rangers may have improved him and readied him for the big stage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

Another player I touted on here. Not sure why weren't we interested in him when he was available on a free from Charlton in 2019. Clearly talented. Jumping two divisions may have been a tall order. I guess the years at Rangers may have improved him and readied him for the big stage.

We were but he went to Rangers over us. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Very doubtful that we'll see any activity from Saints in next month's window especially with ground closure threats with further potential huge loss of income.

good point. Maybe a loan for a `skill' type player like Minamino, but even that might be difficult.

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

We were but he went to Rangers over us. 

I didn't know that. Our scouting is better than I thought. I watched him in the Old Firm games in his first season and he didn't set the world on fire. He didn't play in the first Old Firm game I watched last season, but looked quite good in the second one. Has he been playing well for them this season?

14 minutes ago, Chez said:

I didn't know that. Our scouting is better than I thought. I watched him in the Old Firm games in his first season and he didn't set the world on fire. He didn't play in the first Old Firm game I watched last season, but looked quite good in the second one. Has he been playing well for them this season?

He's made over 100 appearances for Rangers in 2 1/2 seasons up there so playing regularly, cant say he's ever stood out when i've seen him play but he was very highly rated when at Charlton. Didn't realise he was 25 now, thought he was at least a couple of years younger. 

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

He's made over 100 appearances for Rangers in 2 1/2 seasons up there so playing regularly, cant say he's ever stood out when i've seen him play but he was very highly rated when at Charlton. Didn't realise he was 25 now, thought he was at least a couple of years younger. 

Have to say that Ryan Kent was always the player that caught my eye when I watched Rangers.

Don't really understand the Echo article suggesting they want to avoid Aribo walking on a free. He's got 18 months left on his contract. Feels like an agent-placed story to help Aribo get a new contract offer to me.

MOHAMED ELYOUNOUSSI (27, winger, Southampton)

Linked with:

Arsenal, Leicester

Norway international Elyounoussi returned to Southampton after a two-year loan spell at Celtic and has been a regular under Ralph Hasenhuttl this season.

The winger has scored seven times for club and country in this campaign and is attracting attention from Saints' fellow Premier League clubs.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Roo1976 said:

MOHAMED ELYOUNOUSSI (27, winger, Southampton)

Linked with:

Arsenal, Leicester

Norway international Elyounoussi returned to Southampton after a two-year loan spell at Celtic and has been a regular under Ralph Hasenhuttl this season.

The winger has scored seven times for club and country in this campaign and is attracting attention from Saints' fellow Premier League clubs.

Please please let him sign for Leicester 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 20/12/2021 at 11:41, Sarisbury Saint said:

This is one of the sites that  " creates a storyline "  and then it has a domino effects on those columns who copy each other. 

Maybe because it mentions ... a Tottenham player, but in reality we wouldn't be able to pay him enough - even if he came on a loan / free transfer.

On 21/12/2021 at 09:41, Chez said:

If he plays like he did against Spain this year, then it's a massive "fuck yes" from me.

I like this link at lot and he could walk straight into our inside left position as he is direct and apparently can hit the target.

Lots like 13mil is the current number being mooted for him - west ham and everton being our supposed competition they already have a lot of players in that position who are good.

What's this, a left sided wide attacking player that can go inside and out, carries ball forward well, not afraid to put in a tackle,  doesn't appear to be made of glass and doesn't turn after 20yd run then pass it back to cb, guess leave it to Ralph to sort the above out to be another blank attacking force 

Edited by danjosaint

Bristol City are also really skint - chairman was complaining about covid impact in the press (too lazy to find & post link).

No idea if he’s a sweeper keeper type currently favoured … or if he’s any good. But the whole world knows we want a keeper within 6 months so imagine there’ll be a few rumours created, not all of which will be true.

13 hours ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Anyone hearing anything about Daniel Bentley from Bristol City?

Pearson dropped him (team captain) for the first time to the bench for the last game and explained it as `tactical, rather than injury based'. Only two teams have conceded more goals than Bristol City (37 goals in 24 games) in the Championship.  They conceded two more without him though.

He's half way through a four year contract, so unlikely to be a contract issue. 

Was their player of the season in 20/21.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Everton’s new signing, Vitaliy Mykolenko, "I have seen the last few games at Goodison Park and they were unbelievable."

Everton’s last five games at Goodison

Arsenal - Won 2-1

Liverpool - Lost 1-4

Spurs - Drew 0-0

Watford - Lost 2-5

West Ham - Lost 0-1

• Haha 1