Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

16 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Thanks for the info, it's definitely appreciated to hear these snippets.

Do you know what our aims are for this season and what circumstances Ralph would likely leave i.e. only if we're in a relegation battle/sudden collapse in form like last season etc.?

Not sure on overall aims, outside of ensuring we are clear of relegation, thats the overall ‘worry’ from last year… ‘something has to change, we cannot continue being inconsistent’ were the exact words

As far as Ralph, no overall detail outside of the fact he has until a set point of this season to prove he is the man for the job, if we are failing at that point (around October) then we will back a new man in January…. I get the impression they want to keep him if possible 

Edited by Smirking_Saint
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Ok thanks. Are we trying for season long loan or permanent? 

Think it’s dependant on Broja. Can only Loan one. I heard they want to sell CHO and Loan Broja, we want the other way around. So stalemate atm. And Chelsea using other clubs to increase the price for Broja. Supposedly will rumble on for a while. I do wonder if him being left off the chelsea tour means something has happened though.

Edited by Saint Garrett
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Think it’s dependant on Broja. Can only Loan one. I heard they want to sell CHO and Loan Broja, we want the other way around. So stalemate atm. And Chelsea using other clubs to increase the price for Broja. Supposedly will rumble on for a while. 

Hopefully they will give in to our offer the other way around. Have you heard any other rumours atall? 

Edited by davefizzy14

Just now, davefizzy14 said:

Hopefully they will give in to our offer the other way around. Have you head any other rumours atall? 

Not really, only what I posted on here at the start of the week, that there were 3 Medicals booked. 

And the third kit is green. 

• Like 3

Just now, Saint Garrett said:

Not really, only what I posted on here at the start of the week, that there were 3 Medicals booked. 

And the third kit is green. 

Ok thanks for the info. Intersting, I wonder who the 3rd medical has been booked for? 

Third kit is green, be interesting to see what that looks like.  

8 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Ok thanks for the info. Intersting, I wonder who the 3rd medical has been booked for? 

Third kit is green, be interesting to see what that looks like.  

Still betting on George Nunn from Chelsea.

14 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Think it’s dependant on Broja. Can only Loan one. I heard they want to sell CHO and Loan Broja, we want the other way around. So stalemate atm. And Chelsea using other clubs to increase the price for Broja. Supposedly will rumble on for a while. I do wonder if him being left off the chelsea tour means something has happened though.

What you mean that it could work in our favour regarding Broja? 

2 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Still betting on George Nunn from Chelsea.

Yes could well be him but isn't he supposed to be on trial atm for the B Team? A trialist scored for the B Team today could well have been George Nunn.

Edited by davefizzy14

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

Yes please x 2! 😊 Won't be cheap though.

Last year of his contract, some potential cheapness to be had here.

A few years ago this guy was on the cusp of being an elite striker, but it never quite happened for whatever reason. Had a miserable time in spain.

On his day he is deadly though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Last year of his contract, some potential cheapness to be had here.

A few years ago this guy was on the cusp of being an elite striker, but it never quite happened for whatever reason. Had a miserable time in spain.

On his day he is deadly though.

Didn't he bang goals in last season?

Just now, SuperSAINT said:

Didn't he bang goals in last season?

Oh yeah, he was back in the form last year for Lyon. Just didn't quite happen for him the year before, it was a weird one (i think that put off the big clubs, as he was touted to all of those before that move)

5 hours ago, Saint86 said:

So you are saying that having an accent is Immediatley reliable evidence that someone supports a club from that region? I'm afraid that logic is rather flawed if applied to a vast tranche of football fans... Prince William in particular isn't well known for his strong brummie accent 😛

The accent comment is valid; I support Leeds Rhinos in rugby league (Due to family connections) and I constantly get people asking why I support them as I "Clearly don't come from Yorkshire with that accent". I'm thinking about having a leaflet printed to save me having to explain a few dozens times a game! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Could we dare to wish for another attacking midfielder, two strikers and a fullback? Something like Broja, dembele, a half decent utility man at the back and CHO? Would be unreal... 

Get Tanganga in on a season long loan  with option to buy as the full back option. 

• Like 2

Just now, davefizzy14 said:

Get Tanganga in on a season long loan  with option to buy as the full back option. 

Yes fair enough! It's a bit like fantasy football considering our meagre resources over the last few years. We will undoubtedly be stronger than last year. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

He also quoted £10-15m for KWP.

We're Saints and we only hear what we want to hear! 🙂

16 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

And another CB option if we go to 3 at the back. He's had injury problems but I still think he's a good player from what little I've seen.

15 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Yes fair enough! It's a bit like fantasy football considering our meagre resources over the last few years. We will undoubtedly be stronger than last year. 

At the rate we're signing players we're going to start FM 2023 with no money in the transfer kitty! #MLGwatch

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zeL_kVaSMZs&feature=share

I think this is supposed to show how good Moussa Dembele is but, honestly, he doesn’t look that good to me. Looking at his record he did ok in the championship, pretty good in Scotland, shit in Spain, and pretty good in France. Even at that price I’d give it a miss.

These ones are better to be fair:

14 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zeL_kVaSMZs&feature=share

I think this is supposed to show how good Moussa Dembele is but, honestly, he doesn’t look that good to me. Looking at his record he did ok in the championship, pretty good in Scotland, shit in Spain, and pretty good in France. Even at that price I’d give it a miss.

His time in Spain isn't worth considering one way or the other, he played 95 minutes total whilst there.

The blokes consistently scored a goal every 2 to 3 games his entire career and scored 22 goals in 30 appearances last season, he'd be an absolute bargain at that price. 

Edited by Saint_clark
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Thierry Small is still only 17 years old, to say he hasn't 'stepped up' is pretty harsh! 😁

He was signed as an exciting young talent, who seemed keen for first teams games straight away, hence the move. He hasn't done that. He hasnt stepped up from youth to senior yet. He's not stepped up yet.  Not harsh. It's fact. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

I know you dont mean to but it seems a bit harsh on a 17yr old

The hype was we were signing a 17 year old that could play for the first team. When you hear that kind thing you think of Luke Shaw and what a tremendous talent he was.my expectations were clearly too high. Doesn't mean he won't be great for us, but he hasnt bridged the youth to senior gap, yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chez said:

The hype was we were signing a 17 year old that could play for the first team. When you hear that kind thing you think of Luke Shaw and what a tremendous talent he was.my expectations were clearly too high. Doesn't mean he won't be great for us, but he hasnt bridged the youth to senior gap, yet.

We also currently have Vokins (ok at 22 he's probably not got long left with us) and Jeremi Rodriguez as left backs on the books so he's not without young competition. Hopefully we can give him another cup game this season and see how his progress is getting on.

24 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

His time in Spain isn't worth considering one way or the other, he played 95 minutes total whilst there.

The blokes consistently scored a goal every 2 to 3 games his entire career and scored 22 goals in 30 appearances last season, he'd be an absolute bargain at that price. 

Five of his goals last season were penalties, though 16 goals in 30 games still isn't bad

3 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Could we dare to wish for another attacking midfielder, two strikers and a fullback? Something like Broja, dembele, a half decent utility man at the back and CHO? Would be unreal... 

Swap Cho for Cornet and now your talking my lingo.

3 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Yeah I read this, just so am I aligned are we calling the Redmond and S Armstrong positions 10s?

I always thought that was a 2nd striker.

Assuming we stick with Ralph’s 4222, he calls the “Redmond / Armstrong” positions “wide 10’s”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Restark19 said:

2 hours ago, HKsaint said:

I will be over the soon if he really comes

It looks like he is merely rehashing what Alan Nixon claimed and reporting what was in the English papers said. So it is not another source for the rumour, it is essentially the Nixon rumour retold in French.