Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

Yeah I think it's quite surprising reading this, he's a good player and I wouldn't back us to bring in better for £20m.

7g 3a in 23 starts 21/22

9g 5a in 30 starts 20/21

They're not bad numbers and he's still young. Make the bloke spend all Summer practicing his finishing cause he's pretty good all round elsewhere.

Edited by Saint Matty 76

1 hour ago, Streaky said:

Forest are interested in Che. Not sure I'd be against him going to be honest, providing we could get at least 20m

Ah I see, we're going down the "get rid of all our strikers and play the False 9 system because it worked for Pep" route. Cool. I look forward to Redmond, Tella and Moi stepping up to be the 20 goal False 9.

I can see Armstrong going but not Adams. I like his work rate and passing, I just wish he could get a few more goals! He can still improve but it's imperative we keep him!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

When the likes of Dan James have gone for £30m and Brewster for £20m, and given we have already lost 2 strikers in Broja and Long, I'd say Nottingham Forest will have to pay a premium if they want him.

If they are interested then start any potential deal at around £35m, which I know is excessive but represents his ability and the inconvenience for us to have to recruit someone else.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Can’t believe people are open to selling Che - and for £20m. Sure, it would be great if he was a little more prolific in front of goal, but the reality is he’d be playing for someone better than us if he was as his all-round play is superb. Offers so much more than just goals. Our most important striker, without doubt.

Agreed. I actually really rate him for saints and think he's important to the team. His strength, hold up play, and work rate never fail to impress, and he gets amongst the goals a fair amount as well despite our poor service to him last year. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

So we'd be selling a striker who has performed at premier League level without being prolific, and trying to buy three new strikers who would all be better for that money? Not sure of the logic.

Certainly not been prolific, he wastes far too many chances.  I think we’re after a striker regardless of whether Adams goes or not.  If we can get £20m I’m sure we could sign a better player with that money.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, saint1977 said:

Super Ken along with MLT was the brightest spot of a very grim era (which Les recreated 25 years later). Quick, strong and good football brain, never understood why Chelsea sold him even for what was a decent fee for the era. Sort of leadership qualities and communication skills the current squad needs more of. Not many errors, one red card v Everton that I can recall. One sickening clash of heads with Brian Deane of Leeds which he had to go off with concussion for, Deane stayed on and scored but dangerous decision and wouldn’t be allowed these days. He was released in 99 when 35 or so when we bought Dean Richards, joined Hudds and got MOTM at Fratton live on Sky, the skates booed him but still respected him. 

Agreed, Super Ken was um, super. And don't forget his winning goal in arguably Saints' second greatest victory, 4-5 away to Norwich.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Yeah I think it's quite surprising reading this, he's a good player and I wouldn't back us to bring in better for £20m.

7g 3a in 23 starts 21/22

9g 5a in 30 starts 20/21

They're not bad numbers and he's still young. Make the bloke spend all Summer practicing his finishing cause he's pretty good all round elsewhere.

Consider as well that people want us to spunk £30m on broja, who scored 6 goals in 33 games last season (2000minutes). 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Certainly not been prolific, he wastes far too many chances.  I think we’re after a striker regardless of whether Adams goes or not.  If we can get £20m I’m sure we could sign a better player with that money.

Yes, but then we'd need ANOTHER player to play alongside that player who is as good as Adams or we've downgraded. 

sell Che, buy Broja? I wonder if that is the option.

Every player has his price. If £20m is too cheap, what price is good value? Or (as usual) does it all depend on who we replace him with.

With Brojas and Long gone. we ain't letting either guy leave without a decent transfer fee AND someone lined up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

There's an amount I'd be happy for us to sell Che for, but it certainly isn't £20m. Double it maybe and perhaps that's the sort of cash that could get you a striker with a 15-20 goals a season at Prem level record. Anything less than that and we'd lost too much if Che left.

£40m? That's a hard bargain, and prices Forest out.

My guess is the `Forest interest' is just Che's agent starting the process or negotiating a new contract. As sure as night follows day, a new contract follows interest from another club.

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

sell Che, buy Broja? I wonder if that is the option.

Every player has his price. If £20m is too cheap, what price is good value? Or (as usual) does it all depend on who we replace him with.

With Brojas and Long gone. we ain't letting either guy leave without a decent transfer fee AND someone lined up.

I would sell che I think for 20 m

hes a pretty average striker really his hold up play can be decent but not a great finisher and not great in the air..don’t think he would start for many prem sides..

for that money we can invest in the likes of broja delap Dembélé etc che is just average and will never be worth big money 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

There's an amount I'd be happy for us to sell Che for, but it certainly isn't £20m. Double it maybe and perhaps that's the sort of cash that could get you a striker with a 15-20 goals a season at Prem level record. Anything less than that and we'd lost too much if Che left.

If our new striker isn’t better then che we are our in trouble, if we were to spend 20 m right now on a striker you would hope he is an improvement on che. 
so for that money might as well let him go and try to get a couple of decent ones like delap broja Dembélé 

Im not really sure why we’d sell Che and certainly not for 20m… who are we going to bring in for that money ?

Last year;

Broja 9g1a 260 minutes per goal

Che 8g3a 268 minutes per goal

Some people really lack critical thinking and the recency bias kicks into play

Che’s all round game is also, imo, far superior to Broja and Che is likely to remain a solid foil to whoever comes in for us, Im not sure we need to sell, and Id say 20m is too cheap, not due to value, but because as others have stated, it weakens us and strengthens a rival

• Like 6

Some astonishing takes here regarding Adams.

A team like Saints needs a few steady players like Adams. Yes he isnt going to get a move to a top 6 club but he is a decent player, nearly always available for selection, good attitude, strong, physical and can press well. He has also shown that he can score goals and he is improving all the time.

No coincidence that both Ings and Broja played well with him as a partner.

If we start selling someone like him for a meagre £20m to a direct rival then I would be amazed.

We signed him for £15m and he is a miles better player now than he was then, so why sell him for a fee that barely reflects that improvement? In todays market he is easily a £25-£30m player, similar to Chris Wood.

Some of you are clueless.

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Some astonishing takes here regarding Adams.

A team like Saints needs a few steady players like Adams. Yes he isnt going to get a move to a top 6 club but he is a decent player, nearly always available for selection, good attitude, strong, physical and can press well. He has also shown that he can score goals and he is improving all the time.

No coincidence that both Ings and Broja played well with him as a partner.

If we start selling someone like him for a meagre £20m to a direct rival then I would be amazed.

We signed him for £15m and he is a miles better player now than he was then, so why sell him for a fee that barely reflects that improvement? In todays market he is easily a £25-£30m player, similar to Chris Wood.

Some of you are clueless.

Would you be happy with him being our main striker then?

he has done ok but nothing more, dodgy finisher and reliant on someone else to get the goals he won’t 

20 m for us is record signing money so if we sold for that and used the 20m to get a delap or broja it’s a great piece of business their ceilings are far higher then his 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think there is a lot more to come from Adams. For me he's a bit of a slow burner but, if he turns the gas up a few notches he could yet develop into a regular scorer. Just have a hunch that he's one of those strikers who will suddenly explode and push his numbers up. I think he has it in his locker and also he has other good attributes to his game so would be disappointed to see him leave at this stage of his Saints career. The new coaches might also manage to get more out of the team as a whole and that could lead to Che getting more chances.

• Like 3

Just now, pimpin4rizeal said:

Would you be happy with him being our main striker then?

he has done ok but nothing more, dodgy finisher and reliant on someone else to get the goals he won’t 

20 m for us is record signing money so if we sold for that and used the 20m to get a delap or broja it’s a great piece of business their ceilings are far higher then his 

Delap has played how many minutes in the prem ?

Che had more goal involvements than Broja last year and remained interested until the end of the season

Would I want him to be our only No.9 ? No… hence why we are looking fir others, but either way 20m is too cheap… Stop the nonsense

FWIW I wouldn’t be convinced by Broja as our only No.9 either

• Like 4

Off the top of my head:

Carrillo -  Southampton £20m

Wesley - Aston Villa £22m

Haller - West Ham £45m - Ajax £22m (An unwanted player at this time)

Dan James - Leeds £25m

Joelinton - Newcastle £40m

Rodrigo - Leeds £27m

Chris Wood - Newcastle £25m

Richarlison - Tottenham £60m (Scores a handful more a season than Adams)

Ollie Watkins - Aston Villa £33m

Christian Benteke - Crystal Palace £32m

Neal Maupay - Brighton £20m

Moise Kean - Everton £27m

Slimani - Leicester £28m

Daka - Leicester £23m

Rhian Brewster - Sheffield United £23m

Dominic Solanke - Bournemouth £19m

Ollie McBurnie - Sheffield United £20m

Fabio Silva - Wolves £35m

And £20m is supposed to be a good price for Adams... 👍

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Dr. Kucho said:

Dutch media reporting that Saints have put in a bid for Feyenoord right back Marcus Pederson. The source is a Feyenoord related website with contacts within the club.

Any thoughts on Pederson ?

11 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

I haven’t seen him play, don’t watch the Eredivisie (Brit abroad). A quick look on a Dutch football website and most Feyenoord fans do rate him. They say he has pace and can play a decent ball in to the box. Not the greatest on the ball they say.

26 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

the highlights video I watched during the week suggests he is in the Livramento mould. Loves to bomb forward. Looks pretty good. Never seen him in the flesh though.

1 hour ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Delap has played how many minutes in the prem ?

Che had more goal involvements than Broja last year and remained interested until the end of the season

Would I want him to be our only No.9 ? No… hence why we are looking fir others, but either way 20m is too cheap… Stop the nonsense

FWIW I wouldn’t be convinced by Broja as our only No.9 either

I agree with you. We don't want to sell, we want to add a striker of two. We also don't want to sell for buttons. 20m is too cheap, but he's worth what someone will spend.

2 seasons left. I think its been mentioned a lot, that this the is perhaps the point (for most players) to sell or renew a contract. If that is the only decision, you would renew, and for say £75k a week?

3 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

The Feyenoord fan I know thinks he's pretty average and was surprised to hear we were interested, said that he's pretty much just pace at the moment.

Was expecting/hoping we'd utilise a loan spot for this position, but Pedersen sounds like it'd be a perm.

Likely to be in the same price range as Aribo, no major gamble if it doesn’t work out. 

8 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

The Feyenoord fan I know thinks he's pretty average and was surprised to hear we were interested, said that he's pretty much just pace at the moment.

Was expecting/hoping we'd utilise a loan spot for this position, but Pedersen sounds like it'd be a perm.

That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement, but as Walker continues to show, pace does get you a long way (and out of of a lot of jails).

11 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I wonder if the plan was to sell KWP before Tino's injury?

Isn't our plan simply to offload anyone that is shit and sell if a) the price is fucking great b) the player wont sign a new contract and the price is acceptable?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Based on absolutely nothing, the Kabore link seems the most logical.

The figure for Pedersen was said to be c £8m. 
Kabore c £17m, although City might let him go out on loan.  
For us it might be a choice of whether we want to loan him or Delap from City, if at all, or buy for one or other position. 

8 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

And then where would our goals come from?

I think if we are relying on Adams to score many we are in deep brown stuff territory.

Feel free to quote this tweet when he’s banged in 15-20 for the season though 😂

Edited by beatlesaint
  • Like 1