Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

32 minutes ago, MarkSFC said:

Suggests we are after other(s) or Chelsea demanding too much more than we want to pay for him. 

Or maybe like others he does not want to be involved in a relegation fight

I am not sure what advantages a decent striker would think there would be in coming to Southampton at the moment as we do not seem to do large wages

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, John B said:

Or maybe like others he does not want to be involved in a relegation fight

I am not sure what advantages a decent striker would think there would be in coming to Southampton at the moment as we do not seem to do large wages

I thonk there are a few selling points that Saints have re Broja. Not neccessarily better overall than others can offer, but still:

- Guarenteed starts, not going to get that at West Ham or Newcastle

- Knows he suits the style so less risk of it going badly

- Young squad where he has friends

- Close to his family

- Choice of bold home & away kits

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Dusic said:

I thonk there are a few selling points that Saints have re Broja. Not neccessarily better overall than others can offer, but still:

- Guarenteed starts, not going to get that at West Ham or Newcastle

- Knows he suits the style so less risk of it going badly

- Young squad where he has friends

- Close to his family

- Choice of bold home & away kits

Guaranteed starts in a team which is continually struggling with relatively poor pay does not seem particularly appealing to me

Especially as his formed dipped as the form of the team dipped

Good to read the club now wish to concentrate on a striker, although the market seems slow at the moment - everyone waiting for everyone else to make a move.  Broja surely must be somewhere in the mix you would think - I reckon with our new squad additions the link-up play with midfield could be better than last season.  Knowing Saints though we'll sign someone completely left-field who no-one anticipated.

23 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Good to read the club now wish to concentrate on a striker, although the market seems slow at the moment - everyone waiting for everyone else to make a move.  Broja surely must be somewhere in the mix you would think - I reckon with our new squad additions the link-up play with midfield could be better than last season.  Knowing Saints though we'll sign someone completely left-field who no-one anticipated.

It does sound like he's in the mix yes. Its a good thing if he's interested and wants to join saints. But i really do hope we don't overpay for him.

• Like 1

Tenuous link time…..

Potentially some transfer news…

We’ve been told Leicester and Napoli have been keeping an eye on Southampton defender Jan Bednarek. 

@alex_crook reports that Southampton would be open to offers for the Poland international. 

@talkSPORT

when will Leicester learn eh? 😁🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

Oh my days!  😂😂go over on foxes forum and read the transfer news on us Selling bednerak to them ! 
absolute melt down 😂😂

Liked NewquayFox:- "Would sooner go for Jack Stephens, met him in my local on Saturday (living with and having a baby with a Newquay girl) and he said he would love to work with Rodgers, really rates him as a coach..:thumbup:"

2 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Liked NewquayFox:- "Would sooner go for Jack Stephens, met him in my local on Saturday (living with and having a baby with a Newquay girl) and he said he would love to work with Rodgers, really rates him as a coach..:thumbup:"

Yeah I saw that and howled 😂😂

I’d swap bedders and Stephens for the want away Jonny evans 

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Can't see Redmond on the list of players going to Austria. Or Theo

At the bottom of the list it says... 

"Romain Perraud, Theo Walcott and Nathan Redmond have remained at Staplewood to continue work to be 100 per cent fit for selection. All three are expected to be fit to rejoin training when the team returns on Wednesday 20th July."

7 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

At the bottom of the list it says... 

"Romain Perraud, Theo Walcott and Nathan Redmond have remained at Staplewood to continue work to be 100 per cent fit for selection. All three are expected to be fit to rejoin training when the team returns on Wednesday 20th July."

Yeah - added that. Suggest it applies to Perraud, but less so to Theo and Redders

1 hour ago, Chris cooper said:

Oh my days!  😂😂go over on foxes forum and read the transfer news on us Selling bednerak to them ! 
absolute melt down 😂😂

it msut be a wind up. I so so so so soooooo want this to happen jsut for the bants.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John B said:

Guaranteed starts in a team which is continually struggling with relatively poor pay does not seem particularly appealing to me

Especially as his formed dipped as the form of the team dipped

Poor pay, don't let jwp hear you saying that he will want another 100k on his contract.

Thought Ralph was 6th highest paid manager in the league, something like 6m a year 🤔 

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

He’s 34, no thanks.

Yet hes still probably better than all of our current CB options (bar first half of last season Salisu).

Really hope we can move both Bednarek and Stephens on, and then bring in Colwill

Nice that we have so many early summer signees and the cane be a part of pre-season camp

Important to build relationships and everyone get to familiar with each other, so we don't have a bunch of strangers on the pitch for match 1.

59 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Yet hes still probably better than all of our current CB options (bar first half of last season Salisu).

Really hope we can move both Bednarek and Stephens on, and then bring in Colwill

I think realistically we're looking at one or the other. Stephens just signed a new contract and as for Bednarek to Leicester...Well that's just straight up funny

1 hour ago, woodsaint1 said:

He may have been last season but he’s only going to get worse from here onwards.

5 hours ago, Chris cooper said:

absolute melt down 😂😂

My favourite

Is this money laundering? Feels like in 2 years time we are going to find out that Brendan’s mum owns Southampton at this point.

Edited 4 hours ago by Costock_Fox
😂😂😂😂😂

As some else on there pointed out, it was Rodgers who signed Lovren, Lallana and Lambert for Liverhampton. Dors he have connections down here to be do obsessed with our players?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

The Rory Delap’s son vs Vincent Kompany lure.

At least we can provide some City mates/staff too, to equalise the geographical wrench. Come on Liam