Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

52 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

I think if we are relying on Adams to score many we are in deep brown stuff territory.

Feel free to quote this tweet when he’s banged in 15-20 for the season though 😂

But how many strikers bang in 15-20 goals in the Premier League?

• Like 1

Think Liam Delap would only be a squad player with appearances from the bench rather than a player we can rely on for goals in the first team. He looks to be way short in terms of development to play against experienced Premier League defenders. Might be wrong but that's how I view him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Teddeer said:

Think Liam Delap would only be a squad player with appearances from the bench rather than a player we can rely on for goals in the first team. He looks to be way short in terms of development to play against experienced Premier League defenders. Might be wrong but that's how I view him.

Maybe but then Armstrong was the main striker signing last year with Broja as the back up/squad filler and it was Broja who surprised us and did better. Delap may start as bench striker but if he’s good enough and gets goals, he’ll be first choice. I still think Delap signing is a given. It just fits... for both clubs.

Window Predictions (ongoing):

Delap will sign for us, probably on a permanent with another buy back, I was convinced it would be a loan but given our links with Kobore I think Saints would rather keep that loan slot free.

Our loan signing will be full back cover for Tino. I reckon either Kabore or Tanganga (both versatile).

Colwill will sign for us permanently in three weeks after their US tour.

Bednarek will leave permanently.

Djenepo will leave on loan seeing his contract out elsewhere.

Walcott will not be sold.

McCarthy will not be sold.

KWP will not be sold.

JWP will not be sold.

A winger with pace and actual ability will come in as Djenepo’s replacement and giving us more options.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Delap will sign for us, probably on a permanent with another buy back, I was convinced it would be a loan but given our links with Kobore I think Saints would rather keep that loan slot free.

Our loan signing will be full back cover for Tino. I reckon either Kabore or Tanganga (both versatile).

KWP will not be sold.

JWP will not be sold.

A winger with pace and actual ability will come in as Djenepo’s replacement and giving us more options.

That’s brilliant.  Can I have the numbers for the Euro Lottery please?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

KWP will not be sold.

JWP will not be sold.

Why would he be? He's just signed a new contract and hasn't been linked anywhere.

I had a dream last night that Redmond went to Celtic.

12 hours ago, Dr. Kucho said:

Likely to be in the same price range as Aribo, no major gamble if it doesn’t work out. 

How many of our squad can we afford to have that fall into the "no major gamble if it doesn't work out" category.?

Seen Harry Winks linked again today - wish this would go away. He is the last type of midfield player we need as we should be getting away from the shuffling about, sideways, backwards, recycling and passing for passing sake rather than being proactive and positive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Seen Harry Winks linked again today - wish this would go away. He is the last type of midfield player we need as we should be getting away from the shuffling about, sideways, backwards, recycling and passing for passing sake rather than being proactive and positive.

He’s JWP without the free kicks. 

• Haha 2

You’d imagine/hope that with the signing of Lavia that we won’t be looking for another midfielder when the only name in that position being linked is Harry Winks.

A modern day Darron Gibson/Tom Cleverley/Jay Spearing whose stock will dramatically fall once out of a big six club.

22 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

17 million apparently 😵

Absolutely hate how Liverpool get away with charging those fees.

Other than Ings for £20m, they’ve really pulled down some other clubs with Brewster, Solanke, Ibe, Harry Wilson, Danny Ward, Joe Allen etc

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Are Forest this year's Fulham???

Yes, there's a few similarities between Forest and Fulham the last time they came up - both were promoted with a lot of loan players that need replacing, resulting in spending lots of money on mediocre players, only to finish in the bottom 3...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Absolutely hate how Liverpool get away with charging those fees.

Other than Ings for £20m, they’ve really pulled down some other clubs with Brewster, Solanke, Ibe, Harry Wilson, Danny Ward, Joe Allen etc

Yeah but ....... they've played for Liverpool so they can add the "special" surcharge .  

25 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I see Neco Williams is this years target to be sneered at.

Until he's brilliant for Nottingham Forest and everyone bemoans are lack of ambition for not going all out to get him, instead relying on kids who have never played a first team match.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't actually think Winks is terrible...I just don't get what his role is. He just kinda exists. He's 5/10 every single game.

My brother in law is a spurs season ticket holder and really rates him. Can't say I've seen him much myself to form an opinion. 

1 minute ago, revolution saint said:

What exactly is bang average? I mean, average is, well, average, but bang average seems to suggest an even better version of average which I’d naively thought impossible. 

Not a better version, bang as in to emphasise the point.