Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

Blackmore seemed fairly certain, he's spoken to people PSV side who have confirmed to him that he's bought into our project and wants to sign for us.

We've met the demands PSV have set, but he reiterated that they're waiting on PSV to give the official go ahead. Adam wouldn't have come out with that if he hadn't been told by very connected people.

I'm getting a couple of Quincy Promes vibes though, not going to lie. I haven't watched any youtube comps yet because I don't want to set up for disappointment!

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

Reading the Leeds forum they don't think they'll get Gakpo. It seems they are living the buy to sell spending model that we had under Gao. They're also more interested in bringing in a striker than a winger hence the big for the Wolves lad.

I think we're in the driving seat for this one but it's dependent on PSV. Still a lot could go wrong.

Gone quiet on the exits for Bednarek, Stephens, Valery and Romeu hasn't it! Has Redmond even been linked with anyone? I wouldn't be averse to keeping him as back up anyway. I guess Bednarek is dependant on West Ham selling Dawson. And Dawson wants to leave so that'll probably happen, although they have also been linked with... Vestergaard.

• Like 1

Just now, SNSUN said:

Reading the Leeds forum they don't think they'll get Gakpo. It seems they are living the buy to sell spending model that we had under Gao. They're also more interested in bringing in a striker than a winger hence the big for the Wolves lad.

I think we're in the driving seat for this one but it's dependent on PSV. Still a lot could go wrong.

Gone quiet on the exits for Bednarek, Stephens, Valery and Romeu hasn't it! Has Redmond even been linked with anyone? I wouldn't be averse to keeping him as back up anyway. I guess Bednarek is dependant on West Ham selling Dawson. And Dawson wants to leave so that'll probably happen, although they have also been linked with... Vestergaard.

Not gone quiet on Stephens, he's having a medical at Bournemouth tomorrow morn.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Yep, 100% this. He isn't going anywhere.

Suspect he'll sign an extension with PSV with the agreement to leave at the end of the season. Have read that the PSV manager is Ruud Van Nistlrooy, who mis no doubt telling him stay and Man Utd will come calling again in the summer.

Seems to be evolving from a Quincy Promes story to a Jordy Clasie one.

At the time Clasie was linked to Man United and other big clubs and his signing was seen as a big coup. 

Suddenly feeling more confident but obviously that's dangerous.

36 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I guess they can make a decision that they're going to get rid of him if they know there is enough interest, i.e. Leeds, Us, and possibly others will want him and sell to highest bidder tomorrow...

I'm not getting hopes up yet.

Dutch window closes tonight

Edited by whelk
Sorry mis-read

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

Seems to be evolving from a Quincy Promes story to a Jordy Clasie one.

At the time Clasie was linked to Man United and other big clubs and his signing was seen as a big coup. 

Suddenly feeling more confident but obviously that's dangerous.

best not to continue that theme. 

On balance, Clasie was a bigger disappointment to us than Promes.

• Like 1

Adam Blackmore

@AdamBlackmore
·
2m
What im told Mark is that like any deal, ultimately the selling club have the final say - Gakpo wants to come to #SaintsFc - and PSV need the cash after not getting in CL group stages - but they are worried about the reaction from their fans if they sell
  • Like 1

Southampton have agreed a season-long loan with a €14million option to buy for Rennes defender Loïc Badé #saintsfc @lequipe

🚨 Southampton have agreed a deal in the region of £10million for Manchester City winger Samuel Edozie, the 19-year-old will now travel for a medical #saintsfc @footyinsider247

are we fucking massive all of a sudden. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by saint lard
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ball boy said:
Adam Blackmore

@AdamBlackmore
·
2m
What im told Mark is that like any deal, ultimately the selling club have the final say - Gakpo wants to come to #SaintsFc - and PSV need the cash after not getting in CL group stages - but they are worried about the reaction from their fans if they sell

Well if they're trying to make it easier for the fans to accept him leaving that fucking backfired tonight didn't it.

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Must have missed everyone moaning that Wolves got Kalajdzic for just £15million?

We clearly don’t want a 6 foot 7 striker, doesn’t really fit in our philosophy does it? 

6 minutes ago, DT said:

Ffs. 🚨 PSV are keen to keep Cody Gakpo on a 'lucrative new contract' #saintsfc 

PSV hierarchy trying to save face by saying they offered him a new deal, but the draw of the Premier League was too much. 

5-1 PSV - Gakpo hat-trick

Edited by Sfcphilc
None