Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 minute ago, SambaMaverick said:

Will we let Redmond go without adding another? We lack a bit of dynamism in that front three right now

Redmond won't provide that dynamism. Is he realistically going to play this season? I can't see it, hence shifting his wages off the books makes sense to me. 

• Like 2

Just now, Toadhall Saint said:

They need to pay for him even if it’s a paltry £1m - sick and tired of helping them out

What's it to you if we get a fee or not?! If he's on £70k a week, we'll be paying him almost £3m to not play until next summer. Get him and his wages off our books imo.

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Tbf in that instance, I'd think about it provided there were no buy backs or anything on the two.

That's the point, everyone has a price. I don't want to see him sold, but if the price is players who'll improve is over all, I'd let him go.

3 minutes ago, egg said:

What if Chelsea come in and throw us Broja, Gallagher and some cash?

No No No We are building a new team but we are building it around him. And Broja is over rated and would only be on the bench most of the time whereas JWP gives us a few thousand minutes every year

• Like 1

According to the press, these are the players we're in for, today. 

Ainsley Maitland-Niles 
Sam Edozie
Juan Larios 
Duje Caleta-Car 
Maxence Lacroix
Ross Barkley 
Josh Brownhill
Cody Gakpo

Obviously, we won't be signing all 8 of them, so who will we see arrive? I'd say the top 3 look like done deals. Not sure about Caleta-Car or Lacroix?
Don't think we'll go for any of the last 3. 

What do others think?

1 minute ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Ainsley Maitland-Niles 
Sam Edozie
Juan Larios 
Duje Caleta-Car 
Maxence Lacroix
Ross Barkley 
Josh Brownhill
Cody Gakpo

Obviously, we won't be signing all 8 of them, so who will we see arrive? I'd say the top 3 look like done deals. Not sure about Caleta-Car or Lacroix?

What do others think?

Top 3 and a cb. Probably announced at the last minute. 

• Like 2

Ward-Prowse isn't going anywhere ffs. Some people on here are absolute wet wipes. 😂

I reckon we'll get a couple of million for Redmond IF he goes to Bournemouth; would be a sizeable chunk off the wage bill. Think he'd be a useful squad player for us still. Would rather shift Walcott but he won't be going anywhere now.

I reckon there may still be an attacking incoming that we're yet to hear about...

• Like 2

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

Ward-Prowse isn't going anywhere ffs. Some people on here are absolute wet wipes. 😂

I reckon we'll get a couple of million for Redmond IF he goes to Bournemouth; would be a sizeable chunk off the wage bill. Think he'd be a useful squad player for us still. Would rather shift Walcott but he won't be going anywhere now.

I reckon there may still be an attacking incoming that we're yet to hear about...

Nobody has said he's going anywhere mate. Just said there's been a report. I've said everyone has a price, which they do. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

Like, do you think someone's sitting here behind the keyboard with news of an exciting transfer but hasn't thought to share it because no-one's asked the question?

It was obviously a tongue in cheek question not to be taken seriously.

16 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Ainsley Maitland-Niles 
Sam Edozie
Juan Larios 
Duje Caleta-Car 
Maxence Lacroix
Ross Barkley 
Josh Brownhill
Cody Gakpo

What do others think?

i would take Josh Brownhill :toppa:

The rather lovely looking sort on Sky Sports still thinks there is a possibility of us getting  Gapko. 
she was asked who’s impressed you most in the transfer window and she stated if Southampton get what they are aiming for tonight it was them. She then mentioned Gapko.And why it might still be possible. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, saint lard said:

The rather lovely looking sort on Sky Sports still thinks there is a possibility of us getting  Gapko. 
she was asked who’s impressed you most in the transfer window and she stated if Southampton get what they are aiming for tonight it was them. She then mentioned Gapko.And why it might still be possible. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah I heard her say that - can’t see it myself but you never know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saint lard said:

Well go on, don't keep those of us who can't afford Sky in suspense!

Have a word with yourself guys if your disappointed with today.

Already we have two quality Man City youngsters and if the judgement is correct by the last two then the two new ones will be great as well.

Then we have two quality players from Marseille and Arsenal and I honestly believe we have another player coming in tonight or a late, late deal sheet will be put in.

Watching this space!

• Like 1

Bearing in mind the way Sports Republic have covered the window so far. Including the effort to get Gapko I can’t believe they havnt got an alternative or two lined up. 
clearly they realise we need a striker.

Edited by manji

2 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Ah balls, missed that. I've got it on mute as I can't stick the 3 twats sitting around the table 😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pilchards said:

Already we have two quality Man City youngsters and if the judgement is correct by the last two then the two new ones will be great as well.

Then we have two quality players from Marseille and Arsenal and I honestly believe we have another player coming in tonight or a late, late deal sheet will be put in.

Watching this space!

Not disappointed at all - would like them officially announced tho.

2 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Watching this space!

And we have moved some successfully out of the club too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well go on, don't keep those of us who can't afford Sky in suspense!

Not the first time sky have got something about this wrong. Basically saying Leeds and Southampton not out the running yet but could be BS.

So many different journalists reporting different things in the past few days. You don't know what to believe!