Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

Think KWP'a agent is working overtime to get him and move or a bumper new contract.

Either way, Saints in a very strong position and what a success story his signing has been.

From fans not being sure he was worth even signing on loan to an England call up and likely to make a huge profit on him when he does go.

About the ideal Saints signing template.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Would be a shame to see KWP playing backup to James all season, would be a complete waste as he’s really kicked on in the last 2 years. Similarly, they have the buy back clause on Tino in a year so if they take KWP, I’m assuming that means they won’t be coming in for Tino on top of that otherwise they have 3 class right backs fighting it out for 1 position

Just now, DT said:

30-35m apparently. Watch us fold

His versatility and real capability to play both sides should put his price at 50m+!!! 

But the media will always down play the price when a bigger club is buying from a smaller one and vice versa!!

• Like 1

If Brighton aren't accepting less than £50 million for Cucurella them KWP is clearly worth more than that. He's more experienced in this league, English, can play comfortably both sides as well and out performed him last year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

If Brighton aren't accepting less than £50 million for Cucurella them KWP is clearly worth more than that. He's more experienced in this league, English, can play comfortably both sides as well and out performed him last year.

Exactly. Not to mention he's first choice here and wouldn't be at Chelsea.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

In fairness Cucurella has just signed a new contract, his underlying creation stats were very impressive and he is equally as versatile (just not in the same positions as KWP). 35m is about right for KWP and if he wants to go we should let it happen and back our set up to replace him accordingly. Value wise, KWP’s price is only going down after this summer unless he signs a new contract. If he doesn’t fancy it however then wonderful but I suspect, as most footballers do, he’ll back himself to make a success of it (if it’s a genuine offer).

22 hours ago, MarkSFC said:

It's pretty clear that Bednarek, Lyanco, Stephens, Djeneppo, Elyounoussi, and Redmond are not good enough and as such we won't get what you might want for them. I'd guess 4 of them will most go back abroad (which in itself reduces the price), whereas Stephens could do a job in tbe Championship. Redmond would probably be good enough for someone like Fulham or Bournemouth or High Championship team. 

I reckon we'd be lucky to get 25-30m for the lot.

i know Mo doesn't always impress, but he did score 8 goals in all competitions. That was tied for 2nd on the team, if I recall, last season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SaintTex said:

i know Mo doesn't always impress, but he did score 8 goals in all competitions. That was tied for 2nd on the team, if I recall, last season.

4 of those goals were vs lower league teams. Scoring a hattrick vs 4th tier Newport County doesn’t mean you aren't out of your depth in the Premier League.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

4 of those goals were vs lower league teams. Scoring a hattrick vs 4th tier Newport County doesn’t mean you aren't out of your depth in the Premier League.

But scoring against Tottenham and Newcastle probably does?

• Like 5

Five days till we start, and still rampant speculation. Still a feeling of 'have we done enough.' Not unhappy with the business we have done this summer, but we need to hit the ground running, that is for sure. This is going to be a very tough season, but I still have high hopes that our mid season run will save us once again. 

UTS 

Just now, Andy Drain said:

Strikers i think are really possible for us in my opinion....Broja, Pukki, Dennis,Delap. Any of these plz 👍

There is a lot of hope pinned on Delap. I remember his Dad but has the son ever done anything in Premier Lg or the Cup to get excited about? 

9 minutes ago, Andy Drain said:

Strikers i think are really possible for us in my opinion....Broja, Pukki, Dennis,Delap. Any of these plz 👍

We won’t be signing Pukki, nor should we, a million miles from our strategy. 

• Like 2