Saints 0-6 Chelsea - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

RH and the players must be a bit thick. 

Chelsea have Real and an FA Cup semi to think about. We should have fucking come out all guns blazing to really see who of theirs was up for it. Put doubt in Mendy's head.

Instead we've said, "sorry to hear you've been struggling lately, here, have at it, we won't lay a glove on you".

Fucking spineless!

Edited by OttawaSaint

None of the front 4 really pressing either, everyone just utterly going through the motions.

If Chelsea want to, they can definitely score 7 or more because this is shocking.

I can only hope Chelsea turn this into a training ground exercise now and just keep it to 4

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

I agree with you.  That good run we were on, Perraud played really well.  Then bombed out for Liveramento, which was not warranted at all.

The only justification is that they're trying to prove to future youngsters that "the pathway" is open. But it's costing us in real terms...he dropped Perraud for Livramento and a poor run of form followed which saw us lose the outside chance of Europa League.

3 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Actually infuriates me. Perraud has been superb for us, torn teams apart down that left side, yet he drops him and plays KWP out of position to accommodate the ineffectual Livramento. 

Summed up a second ago, it gets to Walker-Peters who goes on a good run but can’t do anything with it cause he’s playing out of position.

And we were actually picking up results with Perraud in the team too - surely there had to be something in Livramento’s contract because how can multiple trained top-flight coaches not see that?

Edited by Nemi
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

If not for FF it'd be 7-0 right now.

Probably MOTM so far, which says a lot for someone who’s conceded 4 in 30 minutes. 

Edited by Dman
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nemi said:

Summed up a second ago, it gets to Walker-Peters who goes on a good run but can’t do anything with it cause he’s playing out of position.

And we were actually picking up results with Perraud in the team too - surely there had to be something in Livramento’s contract because how can multiple trained flight coaches not see that?

Something seriously wrong

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

The only justification is that they're trying to prove to future youngsters that "the pathway" is open. But it's costing us in real terms...he dropped Perraud for Livramento and a poor run of form followed which saw us lose the outside chance of Europa League.

Europa league ffs, we cant cope with our squad playing 38 games, as the squad really is poor

Just now, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Our best player today by a mile, is the guy we're letting go for nought in the summer. >sigh<

It's fucking mental isn't it? Sums saints up really. We're letting the much better keeper go for nothing and keeping the worst first choice keeper the league has ever seen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Actually infuriates me. Perraud has been superb for us, torn teams apart down that left side, yet he drops him and plays KWP out of position to accommodate the ineffectual Livramento. 

we were playing like a well oiled machine. Don't know why we changed that side.

• Like 1

If you want to play KWP and Tino then put one of them into the #10 slot and have Perraud at LB.

Perraud has not only been really good but he's chippy, gets stuck in and shows determination. The players on the pitch today could take a leaf out of his book and get fucking stuck in.

I'm tired of the way this team just fucking self implodes and gives up. 

I never want to see Bednarek in a Saints shirt, ever again. 

• Like 3

Chelsea can beat anyone is world football on most days.  What is more disappointing, is that we had the whole week to prepare, whilst they played a pretty intense game against Madrid.

Everything from effort to application has been dreadful.  Worst of all, the set up was clearly mad, yet we still sit with 2 in the middle of the park, and now with 3 forwards.  Ralph is a proper special case when we go on these dreadful runs.

• Like 1

Just now, TWar said:

Salisus worst game. Our best cb but today might be the worst cb display I've seen all season. How is this the same guy who looks so incredible against city?

Because in that match he had a left back at left back so he wasn’t covering for KWP being slightly out of position every time

Perraud has to be on second half, even if Livramento stays on I don’t care, but we can’t keep going on playing a diamond midfield when one of our full-backs - who we’re relying on for width - has to constantly cut in.

Might aswell even push Walker-Peters further forward, he looks our only threat, but we need a left-footer at left-back desperately

I mean the way we are being carved open is 50% on Ralph and 50% on stupid defensive mistakes, but if Ralph is forcing the players to try and pass the ball out rather than to just hoof it away into danger than it really is on him.

I want us to just us to shut up shop now, but my fear is Ralph will naively go at it and we end up losing 7-0 or worse... especially with Chelsea now shooting towards their fans. 

Just now, MAY-Z said:

Because in that match he had a left back at left back so he wasn’t covering for KWP being slightly out of position every time

Obviously doesn't help, but doesn't explain him misplacing so many passes, his stupid attempt to dribble, his weak closing etc.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-6 Chelsea - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic