Saints 0-6 Chelsea - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

Joke team, time wasting on our own promising attack. Cunts!

If we can keep this to 6 , I dont mind if we sit on the ball on their goal line for 10 minutes. What would 1 goal for us do?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Arsenal losing at home to Brighton, backlash from them next game then!

As opposed to the Invincibles Team of 03/04 winning vs the current best team on the South Coast and being full of confidence when we play them? You can turn it into a negative either way.

I think what is more key is the fixture date. Arsenal have same length of time in the way of recovery and preparation time with no additional games either side of playing Saints.

• Haha 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

I said 6 or more and Ralph should go. He needs to go, this is too much of this shit now.

And who will blend this team of superstars into a fine winning team to get us to theEuropa league?

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

What is it about us that we are team capable of falling apart so easily and so often? 

it's a good question. I think we are bang average side. This side is not in the same league as the one with Morgan, Ricky, Lallana etc. that could dominate good teams. When we win, by and large we offers at least a few chances. When those don't go in, sometimes through luck we get a result, when they do, we don't.  Against the better sides we often hang on for grim life and get a result, but if decent teams get their early goals we've got nothing to hold on to. 

• Like 2

Just now, OldNick said:

And who will blend this team of superstars into a fine winning team to get us to theEuropa league?

There are literally thousands of football coaches out there. You are a moron if you think there is not a single person out there that can do better than Ralph whilst also being within our budget/appeal. 

• Confused 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-6 Chelsea - Match Thread
1 minute ago, Saints foreva said:

Performance wise, its been on par. Forster stopped this being double figures. 

we totally surrendered for the last half hour too, playing like we had ten men (everyone behind the ball etc.)

• Like 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

There are literally thousands of football coaches out there. You are a moron if you think there is not a single person out there that can do better than Ralph whilst also being within our budget/appeal. 

Give us a name, its quite easy to say theres loads out there, who realistically can shape our team of middle quality footballers into winners. I agree if we could cull the squad like Palace did and then have a Viera that would be great. We have a low level ownership team who bewlieve they can be successful buying cheap players

2 minutes ago, Saints foreva said:

Performance wise, its been on par. Forster stopped this being double figures. 

Agreed.

Also no red card or U23s or refereeing injustice etc.

Really demoralising but we have to move on. 

• Like 1

Shame they weren't boo'd off at full time. Another embarrassing performance from this squad and manager. Time for Ralph to do one. We've conceded goals for fun under him and have taken some hidings along the way. If he was half as good as some of you make out, he wouldn't be here. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OldNick said:

Give us a name, its quite easy to say theres loads out there, who realistically can shape our team of middle quality footballers into winners. I agree if we could cull the squad like Palace did and then have a Viera that would be great. We have a low level ownership team who bewlieve they can be successful buying cheap players

Fair point, but on a smaller scale Ralph had the chance to cull the GK position but gave McCarthy a new deal. Walcott got a new deal and what odds him giving Long a new deal. Viera had a clean slate, which I thought was a fantastic opportunity, but Ralph has had time to shape his squad. 

• Like 1

To put this in context Newcastle, Brentford and Leeds, three teams that we deemed were having appalling seasons are now just three points behind us.

We have become sloppy since the Villa game, remember that Villa 4-0 result, that “blip”… 🤣

I’m not calling for Ralph out but Christ we need an overhaul of the shit at this club.

All those teams below us are fighting to stay up and to finish as high as possible and aside from Norwich I think any one of those teams could still have a run and push up the table.

It is Chelsea we played, but it is quite clear that we need a RB at RB and a LB at LB. Two CB’s that aren’t pushovers. And a striker that can finish.

We look so weak.

We could fall down that table incredibly quickly now, look at the points teams are on!

• Like 3

Very very poor. Ralph needs to motivate his players better, has been obvious we were on the beach for some time. Dreadful displays from our best players in JWP, Salisu, Romeu, Stu, Moi. KWP I thought did well as did Forster and Smallbone when he came on.

I think calling to sack the manager is silly given we are still one point off top half and many predicted relegation preseason but he has definitely failed to motivate his team.

2 minutes ago, ButtikonSaint said:

Another shocking performance... so many in the past few years.
No redeeming back story with this one... we just got plain and simple thrashed

ouch

it happens. Perhaps more worrying is the series of performances we are currently in. Lets see how we respond. That is perhaps gojng to be more revealing. It's a bad day, but having lots of them in a row is the bigger issue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jimmysaint7 said:

Way to much confidence on here that we won't be dragged into the relegation mix

you can currently get 259-1 odds at us getting relegated. If you genuinely feel this way put some money on it, you'll make a killing.

1 minute ago, jimmysaint7 said:

We will be, teams below us are on the rise we are in freefall, again.  But we probably only need one more win for safety. We'll be fine, another mediocre season, we limp on. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jimmysaint7 said:

Behave. It was bad, but it's basically impossible for us to be relegated this season. (Because teams have to play each other and all pass Saints).

1 minute ago, TWar said:

Very very poor. Ralph needs to motivate his players better, has been obvious we were on the beach for some time. Dreadful displays from our best players in JWP, Salisu, Romeu, Stu, Moi. KWP I thought did well as did Forster and Smallbone when he came on.

I think calling to sack the manager is silly given we are still one point off top half and many predicted relegation preseason but he has definitely failed to motivate his team.

We’re doing the same as last season, think we’re safe and rock up like it’s a training session. That is down to the poor manager. 
We pay dam good money and don’t expect that. 
Another 20 game poor run is looking possible again.

• Like 3

That was a proper disgrace today. I don't mind getting beaten by superior teams who cost far more than ours IF we battle and give our best. We didn't. We threw the towel in after 5 minutes if not before. Thank god for Fraser today or we really could've set a new all time low.

• Like 6