Saints 0-6 Chelsea - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Its hard to guess what Chelsea we will face at the weekend, but I'd rather meet them with their momentum in the gutter than on a high. 

Those two defeats have already set some records for them, lets hope we can extent the timeline.

Not a bad time for Broja to get a rest in all honesty, be good to have him back recharged for the Arsenal game. 

1 hour ago, Shroppie said:

I'm guessing Redmond, Tella or even Walcott ahead of AA.

Redmond and Walcott are both out of favour at the moment,  can see them both leaving in the summer. 

When did we last win at home to Chelsea?

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

That is an awful front line

Tella runs around a lot and looks lively but I've yet to see anything to convince me he's a goal scorer ,more of an impact sub in my opinion 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

That is an awful front line

His movement is pretty good, and he's full of energy. He's also probably our quickest forward, and highly likely they'll have Thiago Silva and Rudiger at the back, so could cause them problems.  Adams is more than capable of scoring goals. 

Armstrong is woeful, and Long is old. Redmond for whatever reason is out of favour.  There isn't anyone else

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

His movement is pretty good, and he's full of energy. He's also probably our quickest forward, and highly likely they'll have Thiago Silva and Rudiger at the back, so could cause them problems.  Adams is more than capable of scoring goals. 

Armstrong is woeful, and Long is old. Redmond for whatever reason is out of favour.  There isn't anyone else

Can’t see Tella, whos not started a game all season? (MLG fact check…) causing 2 of the best CB’s in the world problems. 

Yes he’s quick, but these are elite CB’s (even at Silva’s ripe old age), they’ll have the strength and experience to not let Tella have a sniff. 

1 hour ago, JRM said:

Tella runs around a lot and looks lively but I've yet to see anything to convince me he's a goal scorer ,more of an impact sub in my opinion 

Because of his movement he distracts the eye of the defender opening the space for Adams in this case -  and given the uncharacteristic porousness of their defence these last 2 games the last thing they are going to want is route one running at them.

43 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I want him to succeed, but he has done nothing what so ever to think he should be starting at the team pushing for top 10 of the premier league.

Lets hope that statement bites me at the weekend.

4 hours ago, Dman said:

Can’t see Tella, whos not started a game all season? (MLG fact check…) causing 2 of the best CB’s in the world problems. 

Yes he’s quick, but these are elite CB’s (even at Silva’s ripe old age), they’ll have the strength and experience to not let Tella have a sniff. 

Elite CBs who have let in 7 goals in their last 2 games.

2 hours ago, Saints foreva said:

A quick check and Lukaku is currently 10 PL games without a goal and Werner hasn't scored in the league since scoring against us earlier in the season. 🤐

We all know what that means….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9jeJk2UHQ

Do we sing this?

Not been for  a long time, but I think we should.

Bring on Shane Long, bring on Shane Long,

If it’s goals you want, bring on Shane Long,

Bring him on, bring him on, bring on Shane Long,

bring on Shane Long, bring on Shane Long.

Bring him on, bring him on, bring on Shane Long

If it’s goals you want, bring him on, bring him on.

Do we 'ever' beat Chelsea at home?  Got more points away in the last '10' sasons.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs Chelsea - Match Thread
5 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

It wasn't really a case of them letting him go. Chelsea wanted to keep him and he wanted to leave.

If he thought he had a chance of getting first team football, he wouldn’t have left, would he. So yes, they did let him go. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-6 Chelsea - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic