Armel Bella-Kotchap - Official: Loaned to PSV

Ldnsaint

13 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

There's an equally good write up in the Athletic by our new reporter. 

I think this is Jacob's first article, but already he looks to be on a different level than Dan ever was, who just found lots of words to describe what we already knew.

He’s very good.  @Convict Colonyposted a link to Jacob's previous saints stuff if you haven’t seen it before.

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

'Flights of fancy incited by his environment' will be sorted by an enforced sojourn in Ocean Village.

Just an update from my bochum supporting mate.

He said they are really going to miss him as he was so dynamic and attacking the ball.  He said when he started he was making a rash challenges but over the last season he became more and more consistent.

Said they were only selling him and only this cheap cos they have money issues otherwise he'd be more expensive as a Germany U21 international.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Said they were only selling him and only this cheap cos they have money issues otherwise he'd be more expensive as a Germany U21 international.

Wondering if highly rated why bayern or dortmund snap him up 🧐

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

How did he play yesterday? 

He made a poor backpass which he underhit and lost possession in a dangerous area once but was solid the rest of the time. Looks strong and dominant. I guess as a young player he’s going to have areas to improve but not a bad first run out.

He only played the first hour and the first half especially was quite slow paced and cagey due to players fitness and the heat.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, goodymatt said:

He made a poor backpass which he underhit and lost possession in a dangerous area once but was solid the rest of the time. Looks strong and dominant. I guess as a young player he’s going to have areas to improve but not a bad first run out.

He only played the first hour and the first half especially was quite slow paced and cagey due to players fitness and the heat.

So apart from potentially giving two goals away he did alright 😉 

• Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Armel Bella-Kotchap

Thought it was noticeable in the Watford highlights how we’ve really upgraded physically this summer. Aribo is also much more physically imposing than I realised, Lavia is pretty big himself too. We’ve definitely not been an intimidating team physically for a few years, so i’m glad we’ve added a few taller lads.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Thought it was noticeable in the Watford highlights how we’ve really upgraded physically this summer. Aribo is also much more physically imposing than I realised, Lavia is pretty big himself too. We’ve definitely not been an intimidating team physically for a few years, so i’m glad we’ve added a few taller lads.

Wern't we second to West Ham last season for goals scored from set pieces?

• 4 weeks later...

Worth a bump.

Think this lad is going to be special. He's a unit, quick across the ground and great in the air. Just what we've needed and I reckon him and Salisu are going to make a solid pairing. Already notable that Salisu is looking more comfortable in the minutes they've played together.

• Like 5

Didn’t play at Spurs

Started in a five against Leeds

MotM in a four today

Clearly we had a plan to ease him in gently in the right way and it seems to be working so far. Hopefully he can build a partnership with Sali after the tombola of dreadful CBs over the last five years. 

• Like 5

Absolutley class in my opinion. He adds physicality and pace to the spine of the team. Straight away Salisu looks more comfortable as well, you don't notice him doing as many crazy things and having to cover for the awol and caught up field Bednarek.

He has the attributes we have kind of avoided signing for a few years. Power, strength, pace, combined with being comfortable on the ball. We went down the road previously by just focusing on players who were good with the ball - Hoedt, Vestergaard, Stephens to an extent, but at the end of the day the PL is all about physicality and this always makes the difference.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

The lad looks like he’s been defending at the top level for the past 15 years

Hell of a player

Exactly this, cracking player who looks at home in this league.  Loved how he put himself about and made himself known.  All the new signings look a bit no nonsense, I like.

1 minute ago, The Left Back said:

I think that’s been explained by Ralph and made sense to me

Ralph also said something about the new players not being able to play 4 at the back/our system as it will take time.

Ralph was all over the place pre-season/first game and a half.  Better yesterday, hopefully another win in the week before (i hope) we get at United, as going into the game to go behind first will likely mean a defeat

• Confused 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Armel Bella-Kotchap - Official: Loaned to PSV