2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

It has been shit for quite a while now at SFC and this week we hit new lows. But football is like life. It throws up the unexpected when you’re on your knees. We will go and beat Wolves this weekend and new hope is generated but it’s the hope that kills you. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

Watched the second half of the Sunderland game last night. I wish we could play like that, very impressed with Sunderland.

Yup, likewise, thought they were excellent and probably deserved to win, Fulham seemed to have the ball twice in the second half and scored both times, happens though…! 

2 hours ago, DT said:

Can't really understand why we let him go. Another to file in the baffling decisions folder, which is bursting at the seams.

90k a week is probably the main deciding reason to letting him go. We offered him a contract on significantly reduced terms, as you'd expect, but he wasn't having it as he was enjoying his 90k life. Then along come spurs offering him a tasty deal (80k I read) to be backup and it's a no brainer for him.

• Like 2

On 10/02/2023 at 10:35, DT said:

Can't really understand why we let him go. Another to file in the baffling decisions folder, which is bursting at the seams.

Other than the fact he had a mental health issue than the club helped him to get over , his form going down the pan , having a massive new contract , going out on loan to rediscover some sort of form , having the odd good game , not being No1 which he decided was the end , refusing new contract and leaving for a bench position at Spurs .

• Like 2

Also 3 wrong VAR decisions in one day Brighton's goal ruled out when VAR line attached to wrong defender ! Brentford's offside goal allowed when 2 players offside in the movement with one blocking the defender ! and that Penalty shout for Chelsea after defender makes full length save with his hand not given !

10 hours ago, Turkish said:

Anyone else see the video of the gobby chelsea fan getting knocked out at West Ham today? 🤣🤣🤣

Was fantastic. Some speccy kid out of nowhere absolutely destroys him and then he gets carted off in a wheelchair 😂

• Haha 1

On 10/02/2023 at 10:23, Whitey Grandad said:

And will probably be in goal for their visit to us.

I expect the Spurs game will need to be rearranged if either Saints or Spurs get through to next round of the FA Cup 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Was fantastic. Some speccy kid out of nowhere absolutely destroys him and then he gets carted off in a wheelchair 😂

I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often when London clubs play each other, they all seem to have mouthy fans full of attitude winding each other up 

1 hour ago, East Kent Saint said:

Also 3 wrong VAR decisions in one day Brighton's goal ruled out when VAR line attached to wrong defender ! Brentford's offside goal allowed when 2 players offside in the movement with one blocking the defender ! and that Penalty shout for Chelsea after defender makes full length save with his hand not given !

I don’t think it was. The vertical dotted line seemed to me to refer to Guehi.

3 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

Soft penalty for City. Grealish an expert at making it look good. 

I wish the league didn’t reward that kind of foul fishing. 

On another note: I suppose I need to root for a liverpool win tomorrow. 

Bleh Seinfeld GIF - Bleh Seinfeld Shiver - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by SaintTex
  • Like 1