January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

So am I right in thinking now that Sulemana is a done deal and Onuacho is a done deal?

Apologies, again I’ve been at work all day so now playing catch up.

£40m on two players!?! Love the panic buying from Saints. Hope they’ve been extensively scouted. 😅

All agreed - doing medicals in france

Just trying to find a MRI machine to get all of Onuacho in

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

So am I right in thinking now that Sulemana is a done deal and Onuacho is a done deal?

Apologies, again I’ve been at work all day so now playing catch up.

£40m on two players!?! Love the panic buying from Saints. Hope they’ve been extensively scouted. 😅

Once again change the *ucking record 

• Haha 3

BBC Radio Solent reports Ghana international winger Kamaldeen Sulemana is set to join Southampton from French side Rennes for a club record fee of £22m before today's 23:00 GMT transfer deadline - and there might be another new man on the way to St Mary's.

"There are messages that have gone into people and I'm waiting for replies, but we're just waiting for confirmation of Sulemana," said BBC Radio Solent sport editor Adam Blackmore.

"We're also waiting for Paul Onuachu from Genk - I think Saints will probably make that happen and they need it to happen.

"As much as Sulemana might be another exciting young prospect for them to sign, how can he be the difference between relegation and staying up? He's 20 years old, he's only got one goal this season, so he might be a great provider and he might have great pace, but they need somebody to finish things off.

"I think Onuachu at 6ft 5in, he's the top scorer in the Belgian league this season, he's experienced at 28 years old and a Nigeria international - he fits the bill."

1 minute ago, Tauro said:

Not going to lie, his touch looks absolutely appalling in the hattrick video. Hopefully not a Carillo MK2!!!

I watched another hatrick video and he looked quality, would be worried if we didnt have an owner who hadnt already worked with him and seen him a lot

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SaturdayGirl said:

BBC Radio Solent reports Ghana international winger Kamaldeen Sulemana is set to join Southampton from French side Rennes for a club record fee of £22m before today's 23:00 GMT transfer deadline - and there might be another new man on the way to St Mary's.

"There are messages that have gone into people and I'm waiting for replies, but we're just waiting for confirmation of Sulemana," said BBC Radio Solent sport editor Adam Blackmore.

"We're also waiting for Paul Onuachu from Genk - I think Saints will probably make that happen and they need it to happen.

"As much as Sulemana might be another exciting young prospect for them to sign, how can he be the difference between relegation and staying up? He's 20 years old, he's only got one goal this season, so he might be a great provider and he might have great pace, but they need somebody to finish things off.

"I think Onuachu at 6ft 5in, he's the top scorer in the Belgian league this season, he's experienced at 28 years old and a Nigeria international - he fits the bill."

He’s shrunk by 2”, worrying.

21 minutes ago, SaturdayGirl said:

Hes 6 foot 7.5

25 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Imagine we still got a third in before the deadline.

Maybe we could take one of Chelsea’s many thousand players. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aren't we getting close to that many players now? I haven't seen many leave recently, mind you nobody would want some of them.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Imagine we still got a third in before the deadline.

Maybe we could take one of Chelsea’s many thousand players. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don't know why, but I have a feeling we're not done yet.

Based on nothing other than a feeling.  

Maybe a keeper 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Can guarantee one thing. Nobody in the squad tonight will be leaving in this window. Djenepo not in the squad however

Salisu... 

Ah no wait, I am blind, he's there... 😅

Edited by Saint86

1 minute ago, Baird of the land said:

See Lewis Payne has gone to Eastleigh. Very odd that he can't a higher level of first team experience.

Yep, very strange. I wander if this is a hybrid loan - training between two clubs, plays for them and the odd run out for our under 21's. We've done similar in the past with a keeper if I remember correctly. 

1 hour ago, egg said:

Yep, very strange. I wander if this is a hybrid loan - training between two clubs, plays for them and the odd run out for our under 21's. We've done similar in the past with a keeper if I remember correctly. 

Quite possibly this. Would make sense. 

7 minutes ago, Mustang Saint said:

No ones signed yet officially. Hope they're not watching the match and seeing the shit show we currently are.

This half has been fine. Of course Newcastle are just defending a lead but our formation is now one that actually works for us. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Mustang Saint said:

No ones signed yet officially. Hope they're not watching the match and seeing the shit show we currently are.

No ones been announced yet officially.

Edited by Nolan

Based on tonight's performance, and not being able to rely on Lavia playing 90 mins regularly it would seem, not getting another defensive/enforcer midfielder this window is likely to be our downfall, when all the focus has been on bolstering our attack. 

Just now, trousers said:

Based on tonight's performance, and not being able to rely on Lavia playing 90 mins regularly it would seem, not getting another defensive/enforcer midfielder this window is likely to be our downfall, when all the focus has been on bolstering our attack. 

Surely you jest - out attack couldnt score in a brothel - if they fell into a bucket of tits they would come out sucking their thumbs, our attackers are atrocious.

DM is passable for the next 20 games.

Happy with these incomings but there's still a glaringly obviously flaw in our team. IMO we should've reached out for a keeper on loan. Obviously big Willy is good for a game here or there but we really need someone challenging Bazunu for the #1 spot. McCarthy isn't the answer to that equation. Sport Republic took a massive gamble on Gavin in the summer and it seems he isn't at Premier League level quite yet. Hopefully he flourishes in the future, but right now we need a capable GK preferably with PL experience. It could be the difference between staying up and relegation. 

1 minute ago, Sfcphilc said:

Happy with these incomings but there's still a glaringly obviously flaw in our team. IMO we should've reached out for a keeper on loan. Obviously big Willy is good for a game here or there but we really need someone challenging Bazunu for the #1 spot. McCarthy isn't the answer to that equation. Sport Republic took a massive gamble on Gavin in the summer and it seems he isn't at Premier League level quite yet. Hopefully he flourishes in the future, but right now we need a capable GK preferably with PL experience. It could be the difference between staying up and relegation. 

Don't disagree, I think it was a huge gamble - but they've gone all in on that gamble to be honest, that's not going to change up now. We will almost certainly need to score more than 1 goal to win games for the remainder of this season.

• Like 1