3 Games 7 Days.

Saintsfan79

So we have West Ham (H)  followed by Bournemouth (A) and then home to Arsenal all in a week. 

Are we all expecting 0 points or is this a time for one of Ralph's mini runs that seem to keep him in a job. 

I have a feeling we will earn 3 points from these fixtures but I'm seeing that as 3 draws but currently I feel I'm being optimistic even saying that.  

Where do you see ourselves after 12 games?? 

Thanks.

4 points or bust really. 4 will at least keep us in with a shout. 3 unacceptable but perhaps passable.

Any less and we are probably fucked. What do I think we'll get? Under Ralph, one point. Under new manager? I'd rather find out...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

West Ham always seem to have our number usually as well. Probably another game that they will bully us out of

West Ham lost two out of three to us last season. We can beat them. But almost certainly we won't if Ralph remains in charge.

I honestly think that we’re looking as bad as I’ve ever seen us and there’s little or no chance of survival. If we claw a point from Bompey it’ll be papering the cracks. There is some potential in the squad, but Ralph is definitely not the man to find it. The Board have to act quickly now and get him out…

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Saintsfan79 said:

So we have West Ham (H)  followed by Bournemouth (A) and then home to Arsenal all in a week. 

Are we all expecting 0 points or is this a time for one of Ralph's mini runs that seem to keep him in a job. 

I have a feeling we will earn 3 points from these fixtures but I'm seeing that as 3 draws but currently I feel I'm being optimistic even saying that.  

Where do you see ourselves after 12 games?? 

Thanks.

6 points from 3 games and confortably in mid table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 08/10/2022 at 19:08, Wade Garrett said:

We’ll be lucky to score a goal in any of those games, let alone get any points, with that useless twat in charge.

I would surprised if we got any points in these three games even if you were in charge with the players we have

17 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

For anyone referring to last seasons results, remember we had some of, if not all off, playing: - Broja, Romeu, Tino and Forster. 

Sont worry, Adam Armstrong has a higher ceiling than Broja, Romeus legs had gone, Tino isn't the best right back at the club and Forster is utter shite 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Broja was in very good form then though....we're so much more blunt now.

Though I do agree, I'd point out that Adams and Aribo individually, already have a third of the league goals Broja got in the whole of last season.

I have a feeling we will get at least 4 points. It seems to be what happens with Saints over the last few years. Good run, absolutely rubbish run, and then we go again. Would not be surprised if we were 6 points better off come Wednesday night. COYR! 

I may be on the wine! 

5 hours ago, Dr Who? said:

I have a feeling we will get at least 4 points. It seems to be what happens with Saints over the last few years. Good run, absolutely rubbish run, and then we go again. Would not be surprised if we were 6 points better off come Wednesday night. COYR! 

I may be on the wine! 

image.thumb.png.2a5f303c888da53ccba2c4a02a045fa4.png

• Haha 1

Our points seem to come when the opposition is not playing at their best as opposed to us playing really well

I still think we need to be scoring more goals but the last three games hopefully have given the squad some confidence and the attacking players begin to perform well

Not sure A Armstrong deserves to start

So lets hope Crystal Palace are not at their best in the next game and some of the players missing yesterday return

It will be interesting what the starting lineup is going to be

If we could beat Palace that would be a massive result. Much will depend on how we handle Zaha. If we can keep him quiet then a win is possible. If he runs the game we'll struggle to come away with anything. We'll need to have a go at them because I don't reckon they are great defensively so hope we take the game to them as much as possible. A draw would be more than acceptable but 3 points would really help us going into matches against a strong Newcastle side and an unpredictable Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, saintant said:

If we could beat Palace that would be a massive result. Much will depend on how we handle Zaha. If we can keep him quiet then a win is possible. If he runs the game we'll struggle to come away with anything. We'll need to have a go at them because I don't reckon they are great defensively so hope we take the game to them as much as possible. A draw would be more than acceptable but 3 points would really help us going into matches against a strong Newcastle side and an unpredictable Liverpool.

Just stick JWP on Zaha, wait for him to lose his shit and get sent off, and then cruise home to a comfortable victory against the 10 men 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

Just stick JWP on Zaha, wait for him to lose his shit and get sent off, and then cruise home to a comfortable victory against the 10 men 

Yeah, JWP has done it before but not sure he's on top of his game now and he'll need to be to contain Zaha.

5 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Maybe now is further proof not to listen to tabloid bullshit. 😅

Might have to put the Athletic in that bracket now, they seemed pretty certain!!!

Also it was them who was breaking news about Che Adams to Everton right? 

1 hour ago, Midfield_General said:

Even better, stick Lyanco on Zaha. It'll be like when I was at school in chemistry class, mixing a piece of sodium with water.

• Like 3

Just reading the Palace fans forum on their defeat to Everton and a lot of them are fairly critical of Vieira. Also they seem to feel their two fullbacks are poor and they don't have proper midfield players. Hope we can set up to take advantage of this. Their home record is good although their wins have all come against teams lower down the league and not in the best of form. We'll certainly need not to be intimidated in what is always a noisy stadium. Having said that we've done well there in recent seasons.