Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Tbh I still feel for him a bit, fans have been on his back instantly from about the second game in charge.. in return he’s getting all defensive trying to shift blame whilst trying to point out his strengths.. the more he talks the more everyone rips his post match interviews apart ..couple that with we had massive issues with the squad both in attack and defense which in a way is a result of four years of Ralph ball where creativity isn’t as important as off the ball .. you can understand why it’s not easy just to come in and turn it around - dyche at least has solid defenders like tarkowski etc so it’s something to work with….

still hoping he can turn things myself although looks like I’m in the severe minority 

Yeah, as much as Jones needs to go - The fans have absolutely not helped.

• Like 6
  • Haha 13

1 minute ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Tbh I still feel for him a bit, fans have been on his back instantly from about the second game in charge.. in return he’s getting all defensive trying to shift blame whilst trying to point out his strengths.. the more he talks the more everyone rips his post match interviews apart ..couple that with we had massive issues with the squad both in attack and defense which in a way is a result of four years of Ralph ball where creativity isn’t as important as off the ball .. you can understand why it’s not easy just to come in and turn it around - dyche at least has solid defenders like tarkowski etc so it’s something to work with….

still hoping he can turn things myself although looks like I’m in the severe minority 

Minority of 1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

How we shortlisted down to Jones will forever confuse me. Sport Republic have put their money where their mouth is, they've spent more than we've ever spent, we've attracted some decent players (international wise) for our position, we've attracted highly thought of coaches and recruitment people from top, top clubs.

But rather than show that same level of ambition with a manager, they went the complete opposite way. It's so odd. If they wanted to get rid of Ralph then they needed to show the same level of ambition as they have in other area's of the club.

It's what happens when you allow a clever dick who is not nearly as bright as he thinks he is to make such a crucial appointment. Rubbish in, rubbish out.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Thank you Mrs Jones, an interesting point of view.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Wow! You've changed your tune. When he joined you were slagging me off for trying to tell people that we were getting a complete weapon with Jones.  

No, I just called people out when they're chatting shit. I just don't think people need to make things up to justify their opinions, that's all.

Case in point, which one of these scenarios was the right one?

On 11/01/2023 at 15:03, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

He's had a fall out with NJ. The week NJ joined KWP was heard walking off the training ground saying "WTF is this guy all about?". 

On 04/02/2023 at 16:04, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Edozie was heard saying "What the fuck is this guy all about?" as he left the pitch after one of the first training sessions. He was spot on! 

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Tbh I still feel for him a bit, fans have been on his back instantly from about the second game in charge..

Yes, feel sorry for the situation he’s in, but can’t see him turning it round. 

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Possibly not, but the fans haven’t brought about the current crisis which has come to a head with his outburst on Saturday. Seems NJ is able to hit a self-destruct button on his own. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Not totally buying that really, I think there was some muffled dissent when he was appointed, certainly not in the mainstream. I think if you spoke to the majority of Southampton fans they were sceptical, but were totally behind giving him a chance and wanted to see what he could bring.

The turning point for me was Forest at home, we were quite competitive away at Fulham I felt and got done in the last min by shitness - but there was a decent level there, so going into Forest I think most were expectant and hoping to see the impact Jones had been making, but christ alive it was the worst home game I've seen there for many a year.

The fans voiced their dissatisfaction after that game, I think it's where we called out his football as shit (which it was in that game tbf), but what he did after that game was go after the fans and he's not stopped doing that. He's never taking accountability for his own actions or himself, he's just going after everyone else. I don't think the way he's acting is acceptable and he's made it impossible for anyone to ever warm to him, which is a shame.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3

Considering the Paul Doswell criticism got its way to Jones, you can imagine that Chris Sutton's, Ian Wright's among others as well as the majority of fans now giving up on him completely has all found its way back to him. Considering he's shown his reaction to criticism is to go into fight mode then it's not going to be good at all. 

9 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

Tella listening as well

Said in an interview that Jones has never called, nor spoken to him, making his decision to stay at Burnley in January a simple one. Poor man management again, even just to introduce himself as the new manager and outline his plans. Pretty sure Koeman used to be applauded for his communication to the loan players, despite a criticism of his being not giving the youth a chance even though we were bringing through those who joined the academy while we were in League One. Jones just seems lazy to me, I remember this particular quote alongside all the famous quotes this weekend:

He had been in charge for almost two months and had a six week break. Any other manager in the Premier League worth their salt would have watched all 15 and analysed them thoroughly, rather than "pretty much 12 of the first 15".

And, what do you know. A month later and he still doesn't know what our deficiencies are and defensively we are worse. Watching the first 15 games would have told you Elyounoussi's rubbish, Diallo's rubbish, Lyanco's rubbish and what our best defence is, as we all know.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Wonder what James Bree makes of all this. Hopefully he doesn’t become Carrillo Mk II.

Like they just said on Saints Space... He cost ten pence and twix. Get rid of Taff Lasso and we can loan Bree back to Luton for the rest of his contract for all I care. So long as we don't have a reminder of this twat, I'll be happy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Sticking up for his international team mate I would think…

Nope merely a co-incidence, he has formed a new SFC book of the week club, to improve team morale. The next book on the list is called "How to go from World Cup semi to SFC B-Team in three easy steps" subtitled " I am going to kill the agent who sold me on this idea!"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hotsaint said:

The behaviour of the fans from day one has been utterly disgusting towards Jones. Clearly we have broken and destroyed him with the non stop hate, abuse bullying and insults. It is sick vile and disturbed. Still most will be happy now. 

For your own sanity Nathan, I think you need to fall on your sword. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, hotsaint said:

The behaviour of the fans from day one has been utterly disgusting towards Jones. Clearly we have broken and destroyed him with the non stop hate, abuse bullying and insults. It is sick vile and disturbed. Still most will be happy now. 

No, I'm pretty sure most won't be fucking happy, with us propping up the league and looking arguably more bereft of identity, passion, technique and playing style than we had done under the jaded and shite Ralph.

We're all fucking elated, aren't we. Abject.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, hotsaint said:

How many years have you been living in Luton for now...? ;)

Screenshot_20230205-234943.png

Screenshot_20230205-234923.png

• Haha 15

7 minutes ago, hotsaint said:

Does that mean he's gone?

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Kaiser Soze said:

Very good authority he will be gone by the morning.

Paddy Power are offering 3/1 if you want to make some easy cash on it.

We can but hope. There have been some significant managerial appointment failures in the past, but this one takes the biscuit. The due diligence in choosing him was clearly negligent…he’s not ready and may never be. To be fair on Jones, once selected he was not likely going to turn down the opportunity, but then there’s a bit of me thinking he’s delusional enough to believe his own hype.

Sacking him will be the easy job…the very hard part will be choosing a competent, respected replacement.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, hotsaint said:

Nonsense. 

Most were not happy about the appointment but willing to give you a fair crack. Then we saw the football and thought, maybe he'll need a bit of time but then you went on the offensive taking cheap shots at fans and reporters. 

You've embarrassed the club. You're not bigger than the club. The football has been horrible, your lineups baffling, the constant me me me. 

You took it up a notch yesterday with that presser. Now everyone is finally united. 

Please leave!

• Like 24

1 hour ago, hotsaint said:

You've dropped to 11/8 for the next manager to be shitcanned. I'm about to drop a few monkeys on it. Don't have to say anything, but give me a winky emoji if I should pls.... 😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I voted not to sack Jones and it was prior to the training ground bust up rumours.

Thought I might share why.

For a while people were looking for Hassenhuttl to go, we were struggling and teams cut through us like a hot knife through butter. He didn’t get the backing he deserved but he also didn’t adapt which was a stick he was beaten with. Personally I didn’t care but I know others did.

We were in a rut and things weren’t good, he lost his job and I think rightly so. You can’t say you don’t have answers and expect to keep going as a premier league manager. 

We appointed Jones and people weren’t happy from day 1. I don’t mind him personally, in a way I feel bad for him. He’s compromised what he feels made him successful which was likely to appease a fan base who, for some reason, expect more. We have a squad of shirkers, we’ve known that for ages. Most of them aren’t good enough but they’re still here and getting new contracts because we can’t afford for our accounting sheets to show any kind of loss. A player whose initial transfer fee is off the books is a potential accounting profit at this point. 

I don’t see how sacking him helps. Yep, he’s melting down but so did Hassenhuttl, just differently. We’re still shit. Elyo and Djenepo (plus any others you wish to name)still make up part of our squad. Who comes in to save us?

I admired Hassenhuttl because he had a method and stuck to it. Jones has (seemingly) been more flexible and it hasn’t worked. There’s been a long rot taking place and we need to sort it. If that means going down, offloading workshy egos and rebuilding so be it. We’ve done it before and, you know what, it was fun for those of us who stuck around. 

I believe he’ll bring us back up if we go down and, in my eyes, it’s not his fault we got this shitty in the first place so I’m willing to give him some time and benefit of the doubt. If we come  back up at least, I hope it would be fighting.

Ultimately I want him to get a chance and for saints not to become a revolving door of managers and ‘experienced’ players. I know Im in a huge minority but I hate the negativity and this rut was grooved before he arrived.

Im happy to see if go if he caused a huge bust up with players, nobody can expect to survive that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!