Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

15 minutes ago, Chez said:

I don't want that judas twitchy two faced cunt anywhere near this club, ever..ever. Fuck him and fuck any of your completely made up 9 out of every 10 Saints fans that do. No matter how shit Jones might be, at least he fucking wants to be here.

I’m the one out of ten don’t want that shit house anywhere near our club again

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Sorry, don’t agree. Worse than Branfoot. Sometimes you have to make your voice heard.

In fact 9/10 Saints fans would rather have Harry Redknapp back than this guy. 
We know how this ends. He can’t pull it back enough to turn the crowd. Better now when we still have a chance.

You’ve gone to far Branfoot was anti football and never ever mention Redknapp on this board again , never forgive , never forget what he was about !

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Maggie May said:

Honest question - what’s so special about Kompany’s speech there?  

I’m not an NJ fan and have posted my dismay over that mic’d up training sessions on a few occasions on here, but none of us really know how NJ is behind closed doors. He could be just like Kompany here. Or he could be even more engaging - we just don’t know.

If there’s one thing to take away from this thread it’s to take all training ground/behind the scenes rumours posted on here with a massive pinch of salt.

Have to agree. What was so inspiring about that? If it was Gerrard/Lampard giving the same speech, it would be dismissed because of their recent managerial failures. But because its Kompany (who has yet to be tested as a manager in the PL and didnt have any success at Anderlecht I may add), its mesmerising. Some people are easily pleased.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Have to agree. What was so inspiring about that? If it was Gerrard/Lampard giving the same speech, it would be dismissed because of their recent managerial failures. But because its Kompany (who has yet to be tested as a manager in the PL and didnt have any success at Anderlecht I may add), its mesmerising. Some people are easily pleased.

Nothing at all inspiring. It’s coherent and somewhat passionate, but that’s all.

For further viewing, watch his shouty, make zero sense teamtalks on YouTube whilst he was at Anderlecht.

Branfoot's style of football was hoofball, but it did at least look like he had a style of playing and got the players to play it.  Even if it was based on lumping  the ball to Iain Dowie and hoping for knockdowns and preferring Paul Moody over MLT.  It was truly dreadful to watch.  I can't see a plan from Jones and the players seem completely confused.  Which is even worse.  

For me we are as good as relegated.  It's almost a case of planning for next season now.  Working out which players will stay and getting a manager in now who can start to get them organised.  At least give us a chance of coming straight back up.  The alternative is a repeat of 2005-2009.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

trailer park boys ricky GIF by hero0fwar

Other teams sacking manager when things not working out, plus Leeds winning one-nil to UTD at HT, not great for us, but have to wonder if sacking Marsh has had impact?

We sack Jones and then finger crossed can go on winning run, finger crossed anyway, got to live with hope until hope has finally gone. COYR.

On 07/02/2023 at 12:46, badgerx16 said:

I think what the Board are doing are waiting to actually see the crowd reaction after the Wolves game.

Mad Nate standing in the centre circle, attempting a Russel Crowe impersonation, bellowing out in racous Welsh tones "Are you not entertained ?", whilst 30 thousand thumbs are held out indicating 'kill'.

Don't be silly... There'll be nowhere near 30 thousand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

He’s fluent in Spanish, other than that, good point well made. 

Fair enough. I wish he’d speak Spanish in his post match interviews though as he’d make much more sense. 

Edited by LGTL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dronskisaint said:

Too far....I'd never let Redknapp near our club and to suggest 9/10 would prefer him is a stretch too far and weakens the argument. This guy is an embarrassment but he didn't take us down, didn't say that 'is 'eart was never in in it' nor will he go back to the putrid end of the M27 smirking after near bankrupting us!

I genuinely hate that ballbag featured little runt for what he did to our club...that being said I do want this mistake rectified as soon as possible.

Thats a fair point. Maybe overegged the point. I was an exile by the time Harry arrived and don’t remember the vitriol aimed at him. I do remember him being Marmite and even some of us thinking we’d got one over on Pompey by getting him. I think most of us got behind the team in our fight that relegation season. I may be misremembering though.

I don’t see the fight this season from the fans or it developing as long as Jones is here. Just an opinion.

Just for some extra depressing information. When Hasenhuttl was (rightfully) sacked we sat 18th, two points above Wolves and Forest and three points off 12th.

Now 20th, 5 points behind Wolves and 9 behind Forest, 9 behind 12th and four points off 17th.

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

6 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Just for some extra depressing information. When Hasenhuttl was (rightfully) sacked we sat 18th, two points above Wolves and Forest and three points off 12th.

Now 20th, 5 points behind Wolves and 9 behind Forest, 9 behind 12th and four points off 17th.

100% Nathan Jones has relegated us.

People can't moan about Ralph anymore - he's gone, he's sacked and the new guy was recruited to keep us up.

I know there's a few on this forum desperately trying to pretend that Jones was some "long term" appointment but sorry, no. He was recruited to come in and keep us up. Not long term, immediate term. 

And what he's done is flush all of our winnable games down the shit pipe.

Nathan Jones has relegated us. Even if he is sacked tomorrow he has relegated us, we will not stay up now. Whoever comes in next can't fix it. The damage is done. Nathan Jones has relegated us.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 22

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

People can't moan about Ralph anymore - he's gone, he's sacked and the new guy was recruited to keep us up.

I know there's a few on this forum desperately trying to pretend that Jones was some "long term" appointment but sorry, no. He was recruited to come in and keep us up. Not long term, immediate term. 

Nathan Jones has relegated us. Even if he is sacked tomorrow he has relegated us, we will not stay up now. The damage is done. Nathan Jones has relegated us.

It isn’t his squad though. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Nathan Jones has relegated us. Even if he is sacked tomorrow he has relegated us, we will not stay up now. The damage is done. Nathan Jones has relegated us.

Agreed, which is why I'm so glad Nathan tried so hard to get us into the cup final with his excellent tactics vs Newcastle the other week

12 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

That’s with having our best player fit again as well. Jones has well and truly fucked us.

Sacking Ralph and appointing this clown is up there with the Puel debacle.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Has anyone come across a fan that wants Jones to stay in the job? 

SR are giving him the Wolves game.

He's put huge pressure and significance on that game with all his "no more" comments regarding previous games.

I want us to win.

If, despite his comments, the chucking of players under a bus and his new approach, we do win, they may well give him another game.

Which I'd want us to get something from.

So, if he can turn it round and get us enough points to keep us up, then he'd stay by virtue of the results. Hopefully he'd be learning a lot of things along the way.

Much like Ralph, I'd never want us to fail, but the owners would not have to go far to justify pulling the plug.

In related news.

As I'd listened to NJ's interviews a couple of times, I was picking up similar key words across a number of other interviews. However, they all closed their mouths, before feeling they had to justify their record, contradict themselves or blame everyone while trying get a stay of execution. It's hard to get a fresh start when you've given a lot of folks reasons to carry grudges into it. I'd be expecting a different press conference response next time, whatever the result.

8 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

He can still fuck off

Absolutely. The vast majority seem to get it. It is not just about results. It is about the lasting damage from having such a walking catastrophe as Mad Nate associated with the Club we love. Making us the laughingstock of English football. It is about the way he carries himself, and the utter PR disaster. It is about "accepting full responsibilty", then proceeding to blame everyone else. It is about the passive-agressive goading of the fanbase, rather than keeping his mouth shut, or even trying to build bridges.

If he'd just put in that effort, things could have turned out differently for him. If he'd still been a fucking shite manager, but come across as an affable, likeable chap,  demonstrated a bit of a jovial sense of humour. When you like someone, you can't help but want them to do well, and root for them.

Since he walked through the door, I really cannot ever remember having such an unlikable, unprofessional, and disrespectful manager associated with our Club.

He really has brought everything he's getting completely upon himself.

8 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Sorry, don’t agree. Worse than Branfoot. Sometimes you have to make your voice heard.

Indeed. Talking about problems on the Internet can be somewhat cathartic, but rarely solves them.

You want to be the change you want to see, then what you need is direct action.

As an aside, @Lighthouse, any chance this thread title can be reverted back to what it was intented to be please? Nathan Jones OUT.

I'd also like to apologise if I offended anyone by going a bit too far in my previous post. I like a nice single malt or two to send me off to sleep, and pent up anger is not a good mixer.

Edited by Rivers
Missing word
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

But people argued it wasn’t Ralph’s squad almost up to the point he got fired

Yep it really shows how stupid and irrational most people on here are, Ralph wasn’t at fault for losses because it wasn’t his squad and the poor managers before him

yet all these people are completely blaming Jones for everything wrong (and yes I agree Jones is useless).

these people are also silent on the form since the Norwich game thread, of which Ralph presided over

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Jones knew what the squad was before he joined. If he didn’t like it he didn’t have to join. Therefore it’s his squad now.

Gee I really feel sorry for Ralph now, the fact he didn’t have a list of the squad before he joined, or at any point of his tenure must have made it difficult for him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

We also had our most winnable run, just around the corner. The run which, on Saturday, ends.

4 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Nathan Jones has relegated us. Even if he is sacked tomorrow he has relegated us, we will not stay up now. Whoever comes in next can't fix it. The damage is done. Nathan Jones has relegated us.

Agree with this and I think this is why they’ve stuck by him. They know the damage is done. Reset if/when someone on their shortlist comes available. 

15 minutes ago, Koolman said:

Not going anywhere accirding to this - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11724579/Southampton-chiefs-Nathan-Jones-despite-fact-theyve-lost-six-seven-Premier-League-games.html - really, really hope this is  complete rubbish and has  no truth in it....

Er, its literally what he said in the fans forum two days ago. Its not new information and its not "according to" the Daily Mail.

So there is 100% truth to it because thats what he said. There's a thread on it here already and you can watch the forum.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Koolman said:

Not going anywhere accirding to this - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11724579/Southampton-chiefs-Nathan-Jones-despite-fact-theyve-lost-six-seven-Premier-League-games.html - really, really hope this is  complete rubbish and has  no truth in it....

what's the quote in here...something along the lines of "You don't see the quality of the training or the relationship with the players' and this is where Mr Rasmus literally fxcks himself as a leader and actually confirms that Jones is not the right man for the job.

Jones had 5 weeks during the world cup to work with the squad. Essentially this is a mini pre season. Like everybody else I came to the Lincoln game excited to see what he had worked on. A true Identity, front footed aggression (What ever that means), a coherent shape, the ability to pass the ball in a straight line to one of your team mates, chances created from open play, players playing in the correct position, the ability to defend the box, a goal keeper with a plan when the ball is in his hands or at his feet, corner routines where we actually look like we might score, strikers who have worked on their shooting ability and composure, etc, etc...what we saw was even worse than when he took over...a complete cluster fuck. Fast forward two months and nothing has changed...not one thing. So Mr Rasmus do not insult us with "The quality of training"...that sir is bullshit and you know it.

There is no way that Jones is manager of this great club in 6 months. We know it, the board know it and so does Jones. So for the love of whichever god you think is sitting in the clouds Mr Rasmus, get rid of the annoying, inept, narcissistic, little man and restore some hope and pride to Southampton Fc  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SaintJakko said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but interesting to see the Luton perspective. Obviously very biased and probably have a hate for us for seeing Jones in a negative light from the get go by saying “Luton manager? Are you crazy?” 

Reddit Luton Nathan Jones

Thanks for posting that. Interesting thread. Luton fans opinions seem to be that he’s a really good manager but our players are shit and our fans didn’t give him a chance.  

Quite a different perspective.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baggytrousers said:

Thanks for posting that. Interesting thread. Luton fans opinions seem to be that he’s a really good manager but our players are shit and our fans didn’t give him a chance.  

To be fair, there are a lot of them also recognising voluntarily that a) he is abrasive and rubs people up the wrong way, b) works better with an older head around him and c) has absolutely stitched himself up with his ridiculous press conference last Saturday.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Ably assisted by Rasmus Ankersen.

6 minutes ago, baggytrousers said:

Guess it's all about levels and expectations. He obviously got Luton punching well above their weight and you can see why they are impressed with him. No coincidence that he leaves and for the second time he implodes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Koolman said:

My only question from Ankersen's statement would be, how does he know what goes on at the training ground unless he is there to see it? (and I'm sure he rarely, if ever, visits training).

• AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones