Noodles34

MotM?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. MotM?

• Nobody
    • NOBODY, BUT IN CAPITALS
    • Niemand, aber auf Deutsch

19 minutes ago, RedWillie said:

To be expected I guess but it's probably going to be a bit sparse at St. Mary's tonight. No trains, poor form, no signings,school night, cash is tight and a  general acceptance we are going down, I reckon we could be looking at 24 to 25k. UTS 😇

Light show must add back about 10k. Full stadium 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Over the last few years i've been thinking we are due to tonk someone ourselves, its been a long few years of that theory being disproved wrong but tonight i stand by my 7-0 victory.

Tonight we 

Choose Violence.gif

I'll have some of what you're on please !! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

Over the last few years i've been thinking we are due to tonk someone ourselves, its been a long few years of that theory being disproved wrong but tonight i stand by my 7-0 victory.

Tonight we 

Choose Violence.gif

Last time we beat someone by 4 goals or more at home in the league was the 4-0 win against Arsenal in 2015!!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Last time we beat someone by 4 goals or more at home in the league was the 4-0 win against Arsenal in 2015!!

We were on a bit of a slump then as well, we'd gone into that game after losing to Norwich or Burnley? (maybe both) and were falling down the table, there were people starting to call for Koeman to go. I remember Fonte doing a rallying call, and there was talk of some of the senior players meeting to pull heads together in advance of that game. And the rest was history.

That's what happens when you have leaders throughout a club.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

We were on a bit of a slump then as well, we'd gone into that game after losing to Norwich or Burnley? (maybe both) and were falling down the table, there were people starting to call for Koeman to go. I remember Fonte doing a rallying call, and there was talk of some of the senior players meeting to pull heads together in advance of that game. And the rest was history.

That's what happens when you have leaders throughout a club.

We were shit after that too tbf...

1 minute ago, sammy123 said:

Random question to anyone who can answer to - I’m completely new to IPTV. How do you know in advance which channel the saints games are gonna be on?

I depends which one your using but on mine I have a team hub and just select saints or I go to the EPL section.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sammy123 said:

Random question to anyone who can answer to - I’m completely new to IPTV. How do you know in advance which channel the saints games are gonna be on?

Download an app called “Live Soccer TV” and go to broadcasts, will give you a list of where the game is being shown. 

Edited by Saint Garrett

10 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

if I recall correctly,  after that Palace shitshow we didn’t lose a game for the rest of the season. The starting point being putting Bertie into left side of a back 3 - funny really.

The best back threes have a full back in there - it's something we're lacking at the moment

23 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

The best back threes have a full back in there - it's something we're lacking at the moment

Agreed, gives flexibility to the defence. Chelsea did it brilliantly the season they won the league with Moses and Alonso at wing back. Both fairly limited technically but were constant energy and movement into the right places. Then with Azpiliceuta at right centre back they could move to a back 4 if needed, or Matic would drop in. 

Don't think we have the players for it at the moment, KWP is too small, and Perraud doesn't seem defensively sound enough

4 minutes ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Agreed, gives flexibility to the defence. Chelsea did it brilliantly the season they won the league with Moses and Alonso at wing back. Both fairly limited technically but were constant energy and movement into the right places. Then with Azpiliceuta at right centre back they could move to a back 4 if needed, or Matic would drop in. 

Don't think we have the players for it at the moment, KWP is too small, and Perraud doesn't seem defensively sound enough

Wonder if Salisu is seen as that guy, he played left back against Fulham until Perraud came on and we went back to a back 5. Jones has spoken about having more height so might make sense.

2 hours ago, sammy123 said:

Mine has telegram (whatsapp) group that lists all the sports and what channels they are on. Good value for money for £40 a year (including movies)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sfcphilc said:

If we're sticking with a back 5, I'd like to see something like this.

Bazunu

KWP-ABK-DCC-Salisu-Perraud

JWP-Lavia

S. Armstrong        Edozie

Adams

Swap Adams out for a decent new signing at CF, and that side has to be good enough on paper to stay up, surely? 

1 hour ago, Sfcphilc said:

Bazunu

JWP-Lavia

Adams

Was Perraud dropped due to injury or (as I got the impression) because NJ was not happy with is display against Brighton?

15 minutes ago, Chez said:

Was Perraud dropped due to injury or (as I got the impression) because NJ was not happy with is display against Brighton?

Yeah think he was dropped due to performance. Probably also because of shape. Think KWP played there instead. 

Edited by Saint Garrett

22 minutes ago, Chez said:

From my perch in the ground v Brighton Perraud had burst up the wing got into a bit of scrimmage with Brighton players and, at the time, strangely didn't track back as usual. Uttered to Mrs JBS "oh dear Perraud looks like he is broken" moments later his number goes up in lights on the touchline. 

I figured his omission on Saturday was a continuation of his niggle was, then when he came on I guess he was held back as a precaution with Wednesday, Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday on the horizon and no other left back at his level to call on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saintoaks said:

Mine has telegram (whatsapp) group that lists all the sports and what channels they are on. Good value for money for £40 a year (including movies)

I don't suppose you would share the name of it please? I'm "between providers" and am looking for a decent one! 

58 minutes ago, sibster said:

I don't suppose you would share the name of it please? I'm "between providers" and am looking for a decent one! 

2 hours ago, saintoaks said:

Download a web browser called "Brave" and use one of the many free streams available. No need to pay in this day and age. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

I would go for:

---------------- Bazunu ----------------

KWP ----- ABK ----- Salisu ----- Perraud

----------- JWP ----- Lavia -------------

Mo Ely ----- S. Armstrong ----- Edozie

----------------- Adams -----------------

This really is a must win.

I would go with this lineup although I think Caleta-Car should start as he's a class cb and we need more experience at the back. This is absolutely huge tonight, we need to win this. 2-0 to us Adams and Prowsey to score - COYR :)

9 minutes ago, Marsdinho said:

Download a web browser called "Brave" and use one of the many free streams available. No need to pay in this day and age. 

I pay about £40 a year for the convenience of having about 10’000 channels, the latest movies and tv shows, all available to stream in perfect HD through my fire stick on the big TV. I’d take that any day over the weekly stream hunt on my iPad, closing down the hundreds of pop ups every time you touch the screen.

1 minute ago, bpsaint said:

I pay about £40 a year for the convenience of having about 10’000 channels, the latest movies and tv shows, all available to stream in perfect HD through my fire stick on the big TV. I’d take that any day over the weekly stream hunt on my iPad, closing down the hundreds of pop ups every time you touch the screen.

Fair enough. I have my PC connected to my TV. Films and TV via Kodi, football via streams. Using the Brave web browser stops all the pop ups. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sfcphilc said:

Bazunu

JWP-Lavia

Adams

Is Lavia match ready?

6 minutes ago, Marsdinho said:

Fair enough. I have my PC connected to my TV. Films and TV via Kodi, football via streams. Using the Brave web browser stops all the pop ups. 

I’ll look into that as a back up. The service I’m on is set up in a way not too dissimilar to sky with a tv guide so there’s no need to find websites etc so I’m happy to pay for that convenience tbf

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

I’ll look into that as a back up. The service I’m on is set up in a way not too dissimilar to sky with a tv guide so there’s no need to find websites etc so I’m happy to pay for that convenience tbf

Kodi is a good back up, is what I use on the firestick. Easy to install with a guide online. Then you just need to install a couple addons (The loop and sportHD for me) and it has all the streams under each fixture. Some are a bit buffery sometimes but plenty to choose from. 

4 hours ago, Sfcphilc said:

Bazunu

JWP-Lavia

Adams

This has been said to death on here. If those players are fit and he doesn't pick this 11 and loses, then he deserves whatever flack he gets. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-1 Forest - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic