Saints 0-1 Forest - Match Thread

Noodles34

MotM?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. MotM?

• Nobody
    • NOBODY, BUT IN CAPITALS
    • Niemand, aber auf Deutsch

Adams to be offside 3 or more times 24/1 with a boost. Must be worth a quid!

I know they're banking on him not having the pace to get into an offside position but they're underestimating how thick he is.

(Unless they've been tipped off that he isn't starting)

Come on saints! Even if we get relegated can we just have one game where we show That we are  capable of fighting for survival and have a convincing win tonight! 

Heart = 3-1 saints (cos we always concede at least one) 

Head = another narrow defeat 2-1 (with the winning goal in the last 15 mins) 

• Like 1

How bad must DCC be? Unbelievable that Lyanco plays.

Not devastated to see Mara and hopefully Edozie can get 30 minutes from the bench.

5atb at home to Forest in any sense of the matter is depressing. Even more so when Elyounoussi is your "behind the striker" creative man. A position which would be perfect for Stu.

Edited by Saint Matty 76
  • Like 4

Great to see Lavia back in the starting lineup. We've missed him so badly.

No idea how Lyanco continues to get picked ahead of DCC.

Still not sure how Ely starts every game and Stu gets left on the bench.

Other than that, looks about as good as we can muster at the moment.

• Like 4

Just now, Mr X said:

At least Lavia but lyanco and elyonoussi should be nowhere near the bench let alone starting! 

Can't agree on Ely. Decent player, just lacking pace. That said, I can't make a case for him over Stu Armstrong. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, egg said:

Can't agree on Ely. Decent player, just lacking pace. That said, I can't make a case for him over Stu Armstrong. 

I know I sound like a scratched record but what on earth has happened to Stu over the last year or so to turn him from a regular starter, and one of our best players, into a bit-part player in a mediocre squad. Surely someone knows the answer?

Edited by trousers
  • Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs. Forest - Match Thread

I can’t understand why we crave CB experience and leave DCC on the bench. The only decent CB that has been with the squad during this 6 week mini pre season. Lyanco is an accident waiting to happen, even if he does have good moments. DCC has good long ball stats too so why Lyanco, it can’t be tactical? There was a knock mentioned before Lincoln game but he keeps making the bench.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Great to see Lavia back in the starting lineup. We've missed him so badly.

No idea how Lyanco continues to get picked ahead of DCC.

Still not sure how Ely starts every game and Stu gets left on the bench.

Other than that, looks about as good as we can muster at the moment.

Agreed. This guy is bloody clueless… 

Also Elyounoussi, I just cant keep watching him be too slow in everything he does. Could have put Aribo through at the weekend but blasted over the bar and then moments later we concede their first goal from the corner. Praying we sign a new player to bench this guy during Jan.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, trousers said:

I know I sound like a scratched record but what on earth has happened to Stu over the last year or so to turn him from a regular starter, and one of our best players, into a bit-part player in a mediocre squad. Surely someone knows the answer?

Absolutely no idea mate. I can only guess it's a belief that he can't last long enough to justify starting. I can't think of any other logical explanation. 

8 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

What was the last update we had on Tino's fitness? I thought he was close before Christmas.

Apparently he's been training for a while, must be easing him back in , will be interesting to see cup line up on Saturday although more likely he'd play a couple of B games first 

Nathan Jones is a complete fucking noddy. How on EARTH have we ended up with this utter spanner. How can you watch 270 minutes of Lyanco in the last 3 games and think playing him is a good idea. Where is Caleta-Carr? Where is Stu Armstrong? Starting Mara over Edozie?

Sunday League Nathan is probably a compliment to this prick. 

• Like 4

I suppose at least the new manager is trying different things, but do we have the time for him to try those things... Lavia back is a big plus but... DCC over Lyanco surely and Mara over Edozie? Risky Biz. But hope Mara can do something good. Otherwise team writes itself at the moment.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

What has Caleta Car done wrong?

20 minutes ago, egg said:

Interesting. 532 I'm guessing. Not sure what his DCC issue/Lyanco obsession is all about. 

Not fully fit, I’m told. 

Apparently hasn’t been consistently training with the squad. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Nathan Jones is a complete fucking noddy. How on EARTH have we ended up with this utter spanner. How can you watch 270 minutes of Lyanco in the last 3 games and think playing him is a good idea. Where is Caleta-Carr? Where is Stu Armstrong? Starting Mara over Edozie?

Sunday League Nathan is probably a compliment to this prick. 

They're both on the bench...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

More than likely. 

Something we haven’t done in the league since Spurs away last February when we played like world beaters. 

Yes it’s unbelievable how we could be that good for one game and so shit since.

It was possibly the best away performance we have produced for many many years yet here we are.

Anyway onto the present so why are Lyanco and Ely playing ffs.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-1 Forest - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic