Southampton 0-1 Newcastle League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg

Saint_clark

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

It’s not bullshit, it’s different rules for strikers and defenders. If it hits the strikers arm at all, no matter whatever else, it’s handball. It’s not a conspiracy Ffs.

It's stupid, handball used to be just that, hand touching the ball to gain an advantage,

Week in week out we see VAR in all the games and then they need to come up with some convoluted explanation about why Rashford is onside and why Salah's goal stands and why Wolves doesn't etc. etc. etc. It's fucking nonsense.

• Like 4

Utter shite. Could have easily been three down had they not missed their absolute sitters. I’m not convinced it’s the players, it’s simply the manager. The movement, passing and shape of Newcastle far eclipses what we offer. We’ve got a Yeovil player teaching Yeovil football. No hope till he goes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

It's stupid, handball used to be just that, hand touching the ball to gain an advantage,

Week in week out we see VAR in all the games and then they need to come up with some convoluted explanation about why Rashford is onside and why Salah's goal stands and why Wolves doesn't etc. etc. etc. It's fucking nonsense.

Indeed. It can’t be a “clear and obvious error” if it requires intellectual gymnastics to be performed to justify the VAR decision.

Edited by adrian lord

58 minutes ago, leeham_69 said:

I think Alcaraz and JWP should swap. I know getting JWP closer to goal has been the plan recently but we’re desperate for composure coming out from the back and Alcarazzamatazz looks more attack minded.

Yep, Charly was in a defensive role, specially in the first half. 

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Southampton 0-1 Newcastle League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg
  • St Chalet unpinned this topic