Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, bobby_charles said:

Can you believe, we get new owners that spend money and it actually makes us worse. Trying to think of another example but really scratching my head

Even the best sides in the world have played shit under bad managers.

Edited by Saint_clark
  • Like 1

With all the hate for Diallo, Jones & Walcott I’m not surprised it’s not been mention how incredibly shit JWP has been today. 
even if he now scores won’t take away how abysmal he has been. Yet to be one of our trademarked scapegoats. 

Is anyone actually surprised? They or he need to admit they made a mistake but who’s available now and who will want to come based n our current position.

Anyway, I’m sure they’ll be some people on here saying we need to give him time! I remember the days of Branfoot and this is far worse!

• Like 1

Just now, jabei said:

With all the hate for Diallo, Jones & Walcott I’m not surprised it’s not been mention how incredibly shit JWP has been today. 
even if he now scores won’t take away how abysmal he has been. Yet to be one of our trademarked scapegoats. 

Yeah at 0-0 blast passing to donkey Adams instead of rolling it in. Terrible!

1 minute ago, bobby_charles said:

Can you believe, we get new owners that spend money and it actually makes us worse. Trying to think of another example but really scratching my head

They’ve invested heavily (for us) in the squad but gone tinpot with the ‘manager’.

Bizarre, and the only thing I’ll say in his favour is that ain’t his fault.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jabei said:

He's been a long way from being the worst player!

1 minute ago, jabei said:

I'm no JWP fan boy, but he has ran his heart out. Only one that looks like they give a fuck.

• Like 3

Embarrassingly fucking easy that goal. Pressure on the ball? Challenging a man? Having anything resembling a shape? Forget it. 

Brentford hold up such a mirror to the clusterfuck that is our club. No stars but a clear plan on the pitch and off it executed well. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Would even take Branfoot over Jones 

This genuinely is worse than the branfoot. We at least competed under him. It was just turgid football, and his dislike for MLT I didn't like.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

its the ying and the yang for me.

The good - record spend on recruitment of players in both windows

The bad - the recruitment of a manager from poundland

That’s what makes no sense, you spend all that money on new players then get a cheap, shite manager. If that’s not shooting yourself in the foot I don’t know what is !!!

• Like 3

Just now, saintant said:

Fans forum first question for Mr Ankersen;

'Could you list all the attributes that attracted you to Nathan Jones and have you been pleased with your decision?'

I normally go to these but I will give this one a miss......could be quite embarrassing.....not to mention nasty....

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Brentford 3-0 Saints
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic