New Manager

Bakovnetski

Life will be easier for everyone if we could skip past the:

I told you he was crap but was slated.

Previous manager apologists are dicks

Offer poch what he wants

Insert world class manager we should get him list.

Let's get back to reality, we are as attractive as Katie Price on a summer break with Harvey at home.

We are minging.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Just now, Convict Colony said:

Offer poch what he wants

Let's get back to reality, we are as attractive as Katie Price on a summer break with Harvey at home.

We are minging.

🤣

• Like 2

Not a chance in hell we’re staying up, so get someone in to try and install a bit of positivity for the promotion push next year.

If that’s Selles on a caretaker basis to end of season then so be it. New man to takeover in the summer when we might have a bit more choice in conjunction with the level we’re at.

7 minutes ago, The Juice said:

Just read that 11 premier league managers have managed to take at least one point at St. Mary’s, this season.

this does not include Nathan Jones despite his having been Southampton manager. 

The only Saints manager ever to not achieve a single league point on home turf.

Even Steve Wigley managed one home win (and it was against Pompey as well so should count double in his favour).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Offer poch what he wants

We are minging.

Quite a few would give it a go though, just to see if it’s all it’s cracked up to be 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stknowle said:

There’s only one man for this job, Neil Warnock. Out of work (I think) won’t take any shit from our la-di-da gunner Grahamesque son-in-law players, knows his way around the lower portion of the Premiership and a promotion record second to none in the unlikely event we went down under his stewardship. Really likeable fella as well, get him in.

But don’t challenge him to a ten pin bowling match. 

22 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Offer poch what he wants

We are minging.

Like throwing a sausage up the M27. 

• Haha 2

Marsch certainly wouldn't be my first choice but he did galvanise Leeds when he came in last season, so hoping he could have a similar effect here. I have seen Leeds a bit this season and they were decent in a fair few games (without necessarily getting the results, granted)

Edited by Harry_SFC
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Offer poch what he wants

We are minging.

Well, there goes my next 100 posts. Thanks a bunch. 🙂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Got a funny feeling its going to be Nuno. Spurs was too big a step but he done a fantastic job at Wolves.

Going from Spurs to the Championship would be a big drop off, but he might be persuaded

Would have been the perfect choice last November. A big stretch now but let’s hope so. 

1 hour ago, richardc said:

my Leeds supporting boss said Marsch was garbage - plays a very narrow 4222 and got found out very early on and had no plan b

why cant we just appoint a manager that has not been a recent failure in the prem league

4222 that gets found out, with no plan B?

Has a recent sacking on his CV?

Some cosy reminders of our recent past and decision making.

If his front footedness and aggression stats are good,he's in! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Marsch certainly wouldn't be my first choice but he did galvanise Leeds when he came in last season, so hoping he could have a similar effect here. I have seen Leeds a bit this season and they were decent in a fair few games (without necessarily getting the results, granted)

No he didn’t. Read that Athletic article posted a page or so back. He would just be a slightly better than Jones appointment. 

• Like 1

i think Nuno and Marsch are realistic and acceptable options/choices. I think i would favor Nuno more as we desperately need defenseive organization and a disciplined approach. Marsch is a bit more freewheeling, but he was a steady hand last year for Leeds and wasn't thinskinned in front of the media.

Both have PL experience and are known commodities. Will never be world class managers, but those are not beating down our door. We know what we will get with them.

it ain't going be Poch or some bloke who just turned down Ajax.

And... It's a gamble bringing in an unknown up and comer.. like players, a total crapshoot.

Edited by SaintTex
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

For good reason. Went back to Rangers as a club legend, got them to the EL final which was a superb achievement no doubt. But then this season the fans couldnt wait to the see the back of him. Apparently the quality of football fell off and rapidly. Gerrard achieved more than him

He did a bit more than that and it was the CL defeats that saw him out.  Good at Feyenoord as well. 

• Like 1

From a Leeds season ticket holder mate

Ey up bro.

I liked him. Lots of Leeds fans did not, i feel he struggled at Leeds because he followed Bielsa so was always tricky. He plays very attacking football using a gaegen press , and he's very big on psychology and can turn players form (look at Rodrigo for us). He gets a lot of unfair stick imo. By tine the board backed him he only had one game. I dont think he got a fair chance, i know he got near a year, but he inherited a broken squad with minimal investment and depth after the Bielsa years.

• Like 6