Ruben Selles

Dusic

16 hours ago, Dusic said:

Ive seen lots of people suggest this, and its has merits, but I can't be the only one that thinks Onuachu needs a partner? Might be different when you play in the top team in Belgium but playing this formation with the bottom team in the PL I think he would end up isolated and immobile.

Seeing as the only player aside from JWP who has proven he can score goals occassionally in the PL is Che Adams, I wonder if we go back to a front two with them and then Sulemana and someone else as the 10s in a 4-2-2-2?

We need to be picking the players most likely to score and for all his faults Adams is more likely to than most of the players in your suggested lineup.

If we’re playing 4-3-3, Paul can be joined by a number 10 or either of the wingers at any one time.

• Like 1

The 4222 is ok, especially on the counter, but when it works, you're maybe giving Che a through ball, a one on one, but it's not his strength. Also, the crosses tend to be more diagonal and rushed, they are easier to defend. There has to be more width, it stretches the play, you have more time, you have a tall guy in the box. Alcaraz at his peak is like Lampard, he's a really good box to box player, he needs to be given a run of games. You have DCC, Orsic, there are some really good players in the team. 

• Like 1

Feels like the lottery numbers - 4-2-1-3 - we need goals baby

A Goalie

KWP.      ABK.        Salisu         Perraud

Lavia.         JWP

Alcaraz

I give up                     Sulemana                  

Tall Paul.        

5 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Feels like the lottery numbers - 4-2-1-3 - we need goals baby

A Goalie

KWP.      ABK.        Salisu         Perraud

Lavia.         JWP

Alcaraz

I give up                     Sulemana                  

Tall Paul.        

Is ‘I give up’ a pseudonym for AMN?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Might as well sack this cunt and hire an actual manager while we have a slight chance of staying up.

I blame those who called for him to be appointed in the first place... ;)

Screenshot_20230301-211902.png

Screenshot_20230301-211924.png

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sarisbury Saint said:

4222. Was crap under Ralph, yet we still play it with a new manager who should know better.  Not fucking rocket science.

He doesn’t know better, he’s signed up to the playbook and knows nothing else. 

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

At what point do you guys start looking at the fucking players?

3 managers, different coaches, same absolute shit. Sack them all.

Three terrible managers who have no idea how to set up a team, or how to change it when they need to.

Edited by Toussaint

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

Ralph was a fucking genius for keeping these useless cunts in the Prem year after year.

Nope, he was finished and had to go, apparently. His last four games were a win at Bournemouth, a draw against Arsenal (who were smashing everyone back then), a 1-0 defeat at Palace and the Newcastle game which could have been 2-2 on another day.

• Like 1

Just now, Toussaint said:

Three terrible managers who have no idea how to set up a team,?or how to change it when they need to.

Or a bunch of absolutely useless players with shit attitudes, who are totally thick and unable to think for themselves? Do they need everything spoon-fed, are they unable to see what is happening in front of them on the football pitch, or do they need grownups to keep pointing the way? There's so much managers can do, these players have dropped their lot now for a year or more.

• Like 1

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Or a bunch of absolutely useless players with shit attitudes, who are totally thick and unable to think for themselves? Do they need everything spoon-fed, are they unable to see what is happening in front of them on the football pitch, or do they need grownups to keep pointing the way? There's so much managers can do, these players have dropped their lot now for a year or more.

Both I’d say.

Can't make it make sense. He seems to have reverted to Hasenhuttl's busted flush 4-2-2-2, but without the pressing, which was the key to the tactic sporadically working. 

We're a confused mess.

I'm not convinced there's an answer for this squad of ringers, but whatever the master plan is (if there is one), this approach has no chance. 

Still can't create anything from open play. Still can't defend. That's not a combination of inadequacies that lead anywhere good.

• Like 1

Just now, Toussaint said:

I won’t, he started the rot with his useless playbook 

What exactly is it you think the likes of Moi, AA, Walcott, Aribo, Adams and Mara are capable of? What untapped potential are you waiting to see from these players?

• Like 1

Add his permanent appointment to the long list of Rasmus cock ups. Whether he is good enough or not (which remains to be seen), he should never have been made permanent until he'd earned it. Certainly not just after the Chelsea win - in which we were very lucky. 

I like the guy, and he may prove to he decent. But if he isn't ready we can't afford to be his learning curve this season. 

Flipping that, as said previously, have the players just succeeded in getting a cushty mate too play for? And equally, how is he going to sort the mess out and reset the club's form/tactics/morale when he was an integral part of it this season? He has no fresh perspective and that is a worry tbh! 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

Another great appointment from Sports Republic. I know we don't have the best squad in the world but there has to be a manager out there who has more ideas and is willing to try something different. Selles has basically kept things the same and expected different results 

7 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Nope, he was finished and had to go, apparently. His last four games were a win at Bournemouth, a draw against Arsenal (who were smashing everyone back then), a 1-0 defeat at Palace and the Newcastle game which could have been 2-2 on another day.

four points from four?

25% win rate?

Yeah I'd take a manager who could do that with this rabble.

As I watched us trying to get back into it on Saturday, continually passing the ball across the back while Leeds dropped into their defensive positions, it dawned on me that Selles may well have been one of the biggest problems all along.

Having the most touches in your own box is a guaranteed recipe for having the fewest touches in the opposition box. That's not fucking rocket science.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

I hate the pedestrian tippy tappy manner of our play.

No pace, no movement, no width and no points.

same as under ralph, defence to midfield, midfield to defence, defence to midfield x100. possibly a long ball in there somewhere that amounts to nothing but no real attacking threat. 

Edited by SotonianWill
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Baird of the land said:

You do wonder if the pass back as the first option (unless you are in a field of space) is the coaches idea or if the players are just petrified and constantly passing the buck.

Paralysed by fear, scared to take any sort of risk. Happy to pass responsibility off to someone else to take that risk, but they then also don't want to take that risk. Bunch of losers. Not sure how you fix that apart from gutting the entire squad of 30 and starting again.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ruben Selles