Leeds 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

Yorkshire Saint

9 hours ago, JRM said:

Yeah I was told up at Newcastle we'd taken the smaller allocation (tickets went on sale next day) , maybe it changed later on. 

Unusually the website doesn't confirm the allocation 

"Due to there being a limited number of tickets available, we anticipate a high demand on tickets." 

https://www.southamptonfc.com/matches/2022-23/leeds-vs-saints-2023-02-25/ticket-info

Was a funny one, at the time they said “allocation to be confirmed at later date” and then just never confirmed. 

On 21/02/2023 at 07:52, egg said:

Many of these sleeper/alternative logins have been around for years. Then you notice certain prominent posters fade away and the sleeper/alternative login suddenly getting prominent. That account has had 2000 ish posts in over 16 years, then boom, loads and loads. 

Crumbs! I thought I'd joined a forum, only to find out it was a Manchurian Candidate programme!

Fortunately, my sleeper activation phrase is "And Pompey are welcomed back to the Premier League." So, I'm quite safe. 🙂

• Haha 3

Curious to see if we can stop any new manager bounce by them. At the time he was sacked by Watford I felt Gracia was harshly done by but he didn't perform when he went back to Spain afterwards. I can cope fine with moi I just don't want bednarek. He wasn't as horrendous as normal last week but I don't buy this he was great argument. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr X said:

Brave, whoever loses this will more than likely get relegated.... That said the Chelsea performance has to give us confidence surely? It's a big if but if we can repeat that level of intensity in our performance there's no reason why we can't take the points, tall Paul looked ok at times without ever really threatening on goal other times he looked slow and gangley to be expected, sulamana looks like he could be the real deal in time though and lavia is a class above the rest of the team.... I don't wanna see Elyonoussi or diallo on the pitch though 

Think we'll all feel a bit flat if we don't get at least a point out of this. A lot of pressure on Ruben, but the Chelsea win has given us a bit of hope, and the universal love and respect for Selles has us looking forward to games again. 

That said, we could get pumped 5-0, and have Rooney at the helm by Monday morning, lols. 

3 hours ago, Appy said:

Any idea for away pubs? The one I went to last year has closed down. 

Which one is that Appy?

I will go in the dry salters about 1 mile up Elland Road away from the city but won't wear colours. The Peacock is a no go in colours.

Edited by Yorkshire Saint

12 hours ago, SNSUN said:

Draw not good enough. We’re simply running out of games and this is a six pointer and a must win. It’s Leeds, one of the weakest teams in the division. No more baby steps, we need to string wins together and not only does a win propel us right back into it, but it condemns an immediate rival to defeat AND will make our other relegation rivals, most who I’m sure had us as “Saints are down, two spots left” a few weeks ago, sit up and take notice. Can we do it? Yes, but our attack needs to start scoring goals from open play. Will we do it? Well it is Elland Road and we don’t have a great record there. Please put round pegs in round holes Ruben.

Personally I think we’ll get a draw here, which won’t be enough come May. I hope I’m wrong.

Just about sums it up perfectly for me.   Absolutely no point swooning about winning at Stamford Bridge and then getting fuck all at Leeds.  If our season is going to take an upwards turn then it has to be this game.  Unfortunately I think we're done, our front players are woeful finishers, we can't keep relying on the likes of JWP to pull something out of the bag.  Win this and things could get interesting, a draw or loss pretty much sees us down.  Games are running out, it's now or never. 

Edited by Micky
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Micky said:

Just about sums it up perfectly for me.   Absolutely no point swooning about winning at Stamford Bridge and then getting fuck all at Leeds.  If our season is going to take an upwards turn then it has to be this game.  Unfortunately I think we're done, our front players are woeful finishers, we can't keep relying on the likes of JWP to pull something out of the bag.  Win this and things could get interesting, a draw or loss pretty much sees us down.  Games are running out, it's now or never. 

Desperate times. It'd be such a shame to see us relegated, especially as SR fucked the first half of this season with their ineptitude.

1 hour ago, Yorkshire Saint said:

Which one is that Appy?

I will go in the dry salters about 1 mile up Elland Road away from the city but won't wear colours. The Peacock is a no go in colours.

Drysalters has closed down by the looks it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Micky said:

Whilst I agree the likes of Adams, Armstrong, Walcott, Moi etc etc aren’t the best of finishers, think you’ve written off Sulemana and Onuachu very early there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Think we’ll see Bednarek and possibly even AMN starting to provide a bias of experience in the team, rather than a young side on average. If it gets a result, who gives a monkeys?!

Caleta-Car and Walker-Peters are the same ages as Bednarek and Maitland-Niles respectively? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Saint86 said:

You also have the case of long standing users sending private messages asking to purchase account login details.... sad and desperate stuff really. You'd think it would also be very obvious when an account's posting style suddenly changes....

How much are they offering?

Asking for a friend.

• Haha 2

Against all past historical form I managed to predict the win at Chelsea so going to chance my arm and suggest another narrow win for Selles’ Saints here - 0-1 or 1-2. If that happens the light at the end of the tunnel will be up to 40 watts. COYR! 

Edited by Miltonaggro
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Micky said:

I agree, I think this is the game that will define the rest of the season

• Like 2

Do we know if Gracia has a work permit yet? If not he should not be working with their squad yet and, unless he gets it by Saturday, should not be on the bench. As I understand it he does not have enough months at a major club, he's 2 months short and Leeds have had to pay £5000 for application before a board who will make the decision. Hope there are no sneaky shenanigans going on behind the scenes but, knowing Leeds, it wouldn't surprise me.

41 minutes ago, saintant said:

Do we know if Gracia has a work permit yet? If not he should not be working with their squad yet and, unless he gets it by Saturday, should not be on the bench. As I understand it he does not have enough months at a major club, he's 2 months short and Leeds have had to pay £5000 for application before a board who will make the decision. Hope there are no sneaky shenanigans going on behind the scenes but, knowing Leeds, it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd be gobsmacked if he isn't already 'volunteering' at the club before he starts officially as an employee. 

1 hour ago, Ken Tone said:

I'd be gobsmacked if he isn't already 'volunteering' at the club before he starts officially as an employee. 

39 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

If he doesn't have a visa, he can't volunteer either.

Is there anything stopping him, as a 'tourist', wandering up to anyone (say, a Leeds player for example) and having a 'general chat' about football...? #loopholes

Edited by trousers

4 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

Against all past historical form I managed to predict the win at Chelsea so going to chance my arm and suggest another narrow win for Selles’ Saints here - 0-1 or 1-2. If that happens the light at the end of the tunnel will be up to 40 watts. COYR! 

there’s a mark hughes sparky joke in there somewhere

I'm hoping that the Chelsea game performance up against the Wolves game performance might be the shaft of light we are hoping for. Versus Chelsea we kept at it second half when we knew the storm would be coming - the first half v Wolves we looked to be on much more than the season thus far, then second half with assistance of NJ's pack shuffle we downed tools.

City in the cup we looked the part, and made them look ordinary. Just gives you belief that with the right direction, there is a team in there capable of getting us out of the mire we are in. This game is perfect to show the slither of hope isn't misguided. 

40 minutes ago, trousers said:

Is there anything stopping him, as a 'tourist', wandering up to anyone (say, a Leeds player for example) and having a 'general chat' about football...? #loopholes

I'd imagine that anything like that would be frowned upon by those making the decision. They probably wouldn't risk it in case any pictures/social media posts from players etc. leak out that he's been on the training ground

11 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

How much are they offering?

Asking for a friend.

Ten grand for mine! Can you believe that?

Fucking derisory offer. :rolleyes:

If I'm gonna have to start posting as Streams, or some other fucking backwater, I expect to be properly compensated, FFS.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, John Boy Saint said:

I'm hoping that the Chelsea game performance up against the Wolves game performance might be the shaft of light we are hoping for. Versus Chelsea we kept at it second half when we knew the storm would be coming - the first half v Wolves we looked to be on much more than the season thus far, then second half with assistance of NJ's pack shuffle we downed tools.

City in the cup we looked the part, and made them look ordinary. Just gives you belief that with the right direction, there is a team in there capable of getting us out of the mire we are in. This game is perfect to show the slither of hope isn't misguided. 

If we win it will be a sliver of hope.

If we lose it will be the slither of hope.

• Like 2

On 22/02/2023 at 23:35, Raging Bull said:

If we do end up going down before the last game then I propose we turn the last match into this. The bull will be raging (and a little beaten up)

I have absolutely no fucking idea what’s happening here but I bloody laughed at the guy with the camcorder. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Leeds 1-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic