Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

2 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

A good opportunity for the bed wetters to get behind the team for the next few hours and then have your meltdown afterwards.

Russell Martin will be asked all these questions post-match anyway, so those whining may as well shut the f*** up until then. 👍🏻😀

Thank you, 2-1 win.

Those of you that wish to continue whining about transfer policy may continue now 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Which would you go for?

Miovski, lad at work is an Aberdeen fan and raves about him (perspective important here). I've watched nothing other than highlight reels and liked both but Miovski is on the score sheet all the time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monk said:

Miovski, lad at work is an Aberdeen fan and raves about him (perspective important here). I've watched nothing other than highlight reels and liked both but Miovski is on the score sheet all the time. 

Thierry Small might need to go out on loan sharpish - plenty of beef from a challenge by him on Miovski in St Mirren v Aberdeen last season.

5 minutes ago, Monk said:

Well his name certainly works for the song, 

.........Miovski, he really hates Pompey.

27 minutes ago, Monk said:

Purely from this, some very deft finishes with his left foot. Looks pretty promising albeit SPL level.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/bojan-miovski-braced-southampton-transfer-27600787

Says RM wanted him at Swansea too.

Also...listen to the end of this interview. RM very clear on Tell and Adams situations. He sounds pretty comfortable with it all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g91712?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Edited by Dusic

On 23/08/2023 at 09:40, Turkish said:

We don’t sell Adams

Leeds sign Piroe

we sell Adams next week

we panic buy one of the lads from Scotland for well over his worth 

Called it. It’s almost like we know what’s happening……

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, farawaysaint said:

Bit ticked off with SR now, we have the cash to strengthen the squad and nothing of substance is being done to strengthen the problem areas. I appreciate we still have some good players for the Championship but this is playing it a bit loose for my liking. 

That isn’t true though, is it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Purely from this, some very deft finishes with his left foot. Looks pretty promising albeit SPL level.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/bojan-miovski-braced-southampton-transfer-27600787

Says RM wanted him at Swansea too.

Decent movement and a good finisher. Looks to have good header placement as well. Hard to gauge how he'd get on in the championship at a higher tempo and level of physicality. 

16 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

JWP scores for West Ham.

That's two assists and one goal now....

Important to remember that he remains absolute "Pony" for some of our fanbase 🙄.

Its tough watching him playing for another side and doing well, but i hope he gets his dream England call up for the euros, not least because i think his set pieces would actually be invaluable in a tournament.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, farawaysaint said:

Bit ticked off with SR now, we have the cash to strengthen the squad and nothing of substance is being done to strengthen the problem areas. I appreciate we still have some good players for the Championship but this is playing it a bit loose for my liking. 

Agree, let's see how much they are going to spend on reinforcements this week.

Martin on Tella

"It was made in agreement (decision to train separately yesterday) as Nathan wanted to do some work despite the move probably going ahead this weekend, otherwise he would have had a few days without doing anything.

"I am really disappointed Nathan probably goes. He wanted to leave, not in a bad way, but it has been rumbling on all summer and sometimes in football the nice guys don’t get what they want.

"We will reinvest and replace him. Ryan Fraser is already in the building but he is not a replacement for Nathan, we will also add to the group in that position

"That’s football. It’s a good deal for someone who came in at 18 years old, paid nothing for him, and he’s done brilliantly last season and got the move. We will replace and move forward."

No point trying to keep players who don’t want to be here, assume he thinks he’s better than Championship now after a successful season at Burnley

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Yep looks ok - obviously caveat is it’s SPL but seems to arrive at the right time.

Long before I knew about us signing Mowbray it was often mentioned that Saints often had scouts out Aberdeen.

1 minute ago, EBS1980 said:

Martin on Tella

"It was made in agreement (decision to train separately yesterday) as Nathan wanted to do some work despite the move probably going ahead this weekend, otherwise he would have had a few days without doing anything.

"I am really disappointed Nathan probably goes. He wanted to leave, not in a bad way, but it has been rumbling on all summer and sometimes in football the nice guys don’t get what they want.

"We will reinvest and replace him. Ryan Fraser is already in the building but he is not a replacement for Nathan, we will also add to the group in that position

"That’s football. It’s a good deal for someone who came in at 18 years old, paid nothing for him, and he’s done brilliantly last season and got the move. We will replace and move forward."

No point trying to keep players who don’t want to be here, assume he thinks he’s better than Championship now after a successful season at Burnley

Good signs, hopefully the replacement is as impressive as Martin’s chat

3 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

Martin on Tella

We need to start spending some money on proven championship players. Get Gyokeres in to play up front and stick Armstrong in Tellas place.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

Martin on Tella

Fraser not being the replacement is good news. Not that he's bad, just means we get another player and therefore will be stronger.

• Like 5