Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

1 minute ago, BallBoy said:

Why do Saints always do this? Why not just announce Stewart and let us all go to bed.

So all the Sunderland fans go to bed with hope but wake up in a terrible mood when they see their best player has left. Much more ready to turn on their team when they haven’t seen any of the ball in the first 15 minutes of their early kick off.

I don't think ABK wants to be here, so for the sake of club unity and committed players we've hawked him around just to get him off the books.

Footballing wise at CB we've got THB, Holgate, Bednarek, Stephens - so we are absolutely fine, even counting Awe who is very highly rated. We can probably take the hit on a loan on this one as we don't need to reinvest, we just need to get a character out of the place.

The bonus with no option, from how I read it anyway, is that he can tear it up at PSV, keep his value, and we ship him out for 20-30m next year as his contract length means his value will hold and maybe even increase.

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

On deadline day, I do think Clinton Morrisons agent has to be a fucking genius, the Einstein of agents. To get that fucking plank front and centre of everything is quite remarkable. 

He's one of Sky's 'main stays' now, fronts Soccer Saturday as the main panel regular, lead pundit on some games. Part of cup draws and all the such.

Absolutely horrific to listen to though, trying to just be a proper gansta' innit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1