West Ham 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

Convict Colony

All this talk of systems etc. but is it not just common sense to play your better, more threatening players rather than trying to be too clever? How can we afford to not play Alcaraz and Sulemana in games we need to win? Awful team selection.

• Like 3

Selles has a lot to answer for for this one i'm afraid.

Paul, Carlos, and Sulemana should have all started this one. And given we're now in a position where we have to score, all 3 should be on immediately at half time. Mara should have been kept until 60ish minutes when Paul gets tired. 

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to West Ham v Saints - Match Thread
1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Even when we have been through the awfulness of Jones it still didn't spur the club into appointing the right person... We need a manager not the players best mate! 

I think Selles is doing ok. It's the signings that have put us in this position. Total lack of quality and the new January signings warming the bench. Utter waste of money. 

Edited by BotleySaint
  • Haha 2

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Needs to be Alcaraz on for Armstrong and Sulemana for Mara at half time.

Call me a deluded optimist but, with Alcatraz and Suleiman to come on, I still fancy our chances given we're just 1-0 down at half time. 

• Haha 1

Just now, BotleySaint said:

I think Selles is doing ok. It's the signings that have put us in this position. Total lack do quality and the new January signings warming the bench. Utter waste of money. 

What is he doing that is OK?

Look at the state of the team and style of play. He has hardly just arrived either

• Like 2

Just now, Saint86 said:

Selles has a lot to answer for for this one i'm afraid.

Paul, Carlos, and Sulemana should have all started this one. And given we're now in a position where we have to score, all 3 should be on immediately at half time. Mara should have been kept until 60ish minutes when Paul gets tired. 

Paul.has been blody awful so far but at least offers something different I guess 

• Jimmy_D changed the title to West Ham 1-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic