Saints 0-2 Palace - Match Thread

SotonianWill

Sellés on the fans: “We need support from them in the situations, particularly when there is nothing happening in the game. They have their opinion & voice & they can express it in any way they want. I just want them to get behind us.” #saintsfc

I really wish they'd stop saying this shit, trying to make us as culpable as this bunch of cretins. We have paid money for years to watch shit, this isn't just an afternoon of shit at St Mary's, this is 5 years of utter consistent shit. I'm surprised we even get over 1k in the stands. They should be grateful for that, now STFU and start actually making an effort you bunch of twats.

• Like 31

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Sellés on the fans: “We need support from them in the situations, particularly when there is nothing happening in the game. They have their opinion & voice & they can express it in any way they want. I just want them to get behind us.” #saintsfc

I really wish they'd stop saying this shit, trying to make us as culpable as this bunch of cretins. We have paid money for years to watch shit, this isn't just an afternoon of shit at St Mary's, this is 5 years of utter consistent shit. I'm surprised we even get over 1k in the stands. They should be grateful for that, now STFU and start actually making an effort you bunch of twats.

100% This goes back to the tail end of the Puel season. Admittedly it's probably harder for us because immediately before that we had a season of Poch and two seasons of Koeman - even the start of Puels season we were playing some of the best football i'd seen us play. 

• Like 1

With the exception of Lavia who Is certainly not staying anyway, I can't think of a single player I would be sad to lose, time for JWP to move on too! That says it all really. Sadly our championship chances will be riding on the likes of Elyonoussi and Adam Armstrong 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Yes Reuben, you fucking prick.  We’ll still be here long after you deservedly get sacked.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Then pick a fucking decent lineup with clear tactics designed to score goals and win games. Show some fucking fire instead of tepid meek negative shit.

Entertain and the crowd will get behind your team.

It's like someone buying a gym membership not going and then complaining that noone is encouraging them. Get to the fucking gym and get fit/strong then when people start to notice and encourage you you go more lift heavier and get even stronger.

• Like 6

I was in corporate today up behind the dugout. With 5 mins to go two of our coaches were stood on the touchline looking at their iPads. Selles was sat down. Just no urgency or it seems any appreciation of the shit position we are in. Just unbelievable. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

What a cretin Selles is. Set the team out positively and then fans will support you.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, HedgeEnder said:

I was in corporate today up behind the dugout. With 5 mins to go two of our coaches were stood on the touchline looking at their iPads. Selles was sat down. Just no urgency or it seems any appreciation of the shit position we are in. Just unbelievable. 

Sums it up.

The Rasmus Effect#

(Although they might have been looking up the latest odds for the Grand National).

• Like 1

"We didn't change much at half-time but the game got slower for us and we were caught on the difference in the tempo and when we concede the goal, we were not able to come back into the game.

This truly laughable by selles. That evil Hodgson doing something despicable like increasing the tempo, that's not allowed.

Edited by Baird of the land
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Good chance we will be replaced in the league by Luton fuckin Town. How depressing 

More depressing is that Bournemouth are showing us how it should be done.

38 minutes ago, adrian lord said:

Ankersen needs to read his own book. 

Needs to shove it up his own arse, as it’s clearly of no value or benefit 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

We're at the stage where the third manager of the season is burning bridges. 

What a fucking tit.

• Like 1

Another wonderful day out for the away fans at St Marys. Absolutely sick of it. 

I'm not going to that miserable shit hole again this season. I'll be back next season after the great reset, but until then, this team and coaching set up can go and get fucked. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Baird of the land said:

"We didn't change much at half-time but the game got slower for us and we were caught on the difference in the tempo and when we concede the goal, we were not able to come back into the game.

This truly laughable by selles. That evil Hodgson doing something despicable like increasing the tempo, that's not allowed.

Perhaps he should address the question as to why, on both counts 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

This 100% 

• Like 2

The consistent here has been Selles, brought in to help Ralph with tactical decisions, and the start of new formations and strange team selection, Ralph wasn’t in control at the end and looked broken, Jones came in and as much as he was probably out of his depth, his tenure ended with comments he wished he’d made the decisions he wanted too , and now we see more of the same with him alone at the helm.

Edited by AndyRWatson
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Mr X said:

With the exception of Lavia who Is certainly not staying anyway, I can't think of a single player I would be sad to lose, time for JWP to move on too! That says it all really. Sadly our championship chances will be riding on the likes of Elyonoussi and Adam Armstrong 😂

Hes out of contract thankfully

• Like 1

The home atmosphere was bloody horrendous today but this team and manager give us nothing to get behind. Constantly passing it across the back and no one actually showing any bravery or guile with the ball. First half was dull but we was reasonably comfortable containing Palace albeit we lacked any real focal point in attack. Second half was just horrific. The way we allowed Palace to play through us with such ease was embarrassing. Once the first goal went in the team went i to hiding and literally no one rolled their sleeves up to get us back into the game. Unfortunately we need a massive reset as these players are mentally weak as piss and Dragan needs to get rid of the decision makers. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The difference is the fans are paying a huge chunk of their incomes to watch this cluster fuck whereas the players are earning absolute fortunes and clearly are being allowed to get away with completely unacceptable performances week in week out. Sort out your own shit Selles, have the balls to read the riot act to this pathetic bunch and you might earn some respect and find the fans get behind you.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

For someone who is supposedly so clued up about football, he seems to be alarmingly oblivious to the chicken and egg scenario here. The players need to give the fans something to cheer and sing about, but we've endured years and years of turgid, pedestrian shite on the pitch and we're so fatigued from it now that all we are able to express is frustration and cynicism. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, AndyRWatson said:

The consistent here has been Selles, brought in to help Ralph with tactical decisions, and the start of new formations and strange team selection, Ralph wasn’t in control at the end and looked broken, Jones came in and as much as he was probably out of his depth, his tenure ended with comments he wished he’d made the decisions he wanted too , and now we see more of the same with him alone at the helm.

Barking up the wrong tree mate. No manager could get a tune out of this bunch of losers. At least nobody can blame Elyonoussi today.

34 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Even JWP, for all his efforts with free kicks and such, has been a consistent loser with us since he's been a regular.

Exactly this. I'm not a football man but have been watching for 50 years. I don't care about his technique or his ground covered. He shouldn't be a consistent starter for us nor any other Prem League team. Without his free kicks he's nothing more than a decent squad player used as cover should the regulars be injured/suspended. I don't doubt his love of the club. I don't doubt he's a great guy but he's a bang average player and the fact that he's not in the Diallo role with two other, better midfielders in front of him for selection (as he used to be) is indicative of the team we have become. He might move to another club and totally prove me wrong with better players around him but I somehow doubt it.

• Like 4

I've got tickets for Newcastle and Forest game,the club should give us with tickets the option for a refund. Ok I knew what I was letting myself in for before today,but that the beer talking when buying tickets😅

• Haha 1

The atmosphere was awful but I don’t even blame the fanbase anymore, I along with many have watched this awful football home and away pretty much since Koeman left, no wonder the fans struggle to get motivated or care. 

Still at least our stewards let the Crystal Palace fans bring a drum into the ground to assist their lovely visit to the south coast. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, jabei said:

Exactly this. I'm not a football man but have been watching for 50 years. I don't care about his technique or his ground covered. He shouldn't be a consistent starter for us nor any other Prem League team. Without his free kicks he's nothing more than a decent squad player used as cover should the regulars be injured/suspended. I don't doubt his love of the club. I don't doubt he's a great guy but he's a bang average player and the fact that he's not in the Diallo role with two other, better midfielders in front of him for selection (as he used to be) is indicative of the team we have become. He might move to another club and totally prove me wrong with better players around him but I somehow doubt it.

If we can somehow get £40 million for him that would be great business. Whilst good at free kicks his all round play is just not good enough.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

100% This goes back to the tail end of the Puel season. Admittedly it's probably harder for us because immediately before that we had a season of Poch and two seasons of Koeman - even the start of Puels season we were playing some of the best football i'd seen us play.

I still say it was the League Cup Final loss did it for us. That somehow screwed up the players and Puel. Nothing been quite the same since.

• Like 2

Just now, Harry_SFC said:

f we can somehow get £40 million for him that would be great business. Whilst good at free kicks his all round play is just not good enough.

I'd be amazed but stranger things have happened....Anything over £25M would be fantastic.

Just now, jabei said:

I still say it was the League Cup Final loss did it for us. That somehow screwed up the players and Puel. Nothing been quite the same since.

Possibly a lot of players realised that they'd never win anything with us. It was our first final in almost 20 years, they didn't have another 20 years to wait again.

Sellés: “We will try to keep that winning mentality – I know we are not getting a lot, especially in the last games, but we are going to try to go for every game, try to win every game and try to compete at our very best.” #saintsfc

what the fuck is this prick on about? Just piss off out of our club you deluded, overcomplicating, blind sham

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

One of the worst teams in Premier League history, without a doubt. Would be amazed if we get another point this season and somewhat surprised to see another goal. Anyone on the coaching side who has had any involvement in this mind-numbing crab football needs to go. The genius Ankersen should be the first out the door. Absolute fraud and he should be ashamed of what he has created.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Something very very rotten at the club at the moment. Some players seemingly not committed enough to even play, punch ups at the training ground, new signings benched, no fight from the players at all, and managers being picked on player power... And atop it all, the biggest clown i think i've ever seen hold the reigns at saints in Rasmus Ankerson.

Its going to be a very very very long way back from this.

Punch ups at the training ground?? I'm surprised any of these wankers have got the drive to actually display any aggression whatsoever

• Haha 2

The problem we have isn’t just the fact we’ve gambled on two novice managers, the quality of the squad is so inferior to Crystal Palace the only real chance we ever had of staying up was really nailing the managerial appointment.

When Palace have quality like Olise and Eze and Zaha, calibre of players we could only dream of having right now, we were always going to struggle. Couple that with a bit of experience in midfield and defence, which we have none of, and it’s game over before it’s started.

The number one reason why we will be relegated is simply because our players aren’t good enough.

Edited by Nemi
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, DT said:

Sellés: “We will try to keep that winning mentality – I know we are not getting a lot, especially in the last games, but we are going to try to go for every game, try to win every game and try to compete at our very best.” #saintsfc

what the fuck is this prick on about? Just piss off out of our club you deluded, overcomplicating, blind sham

On evidence unless he was at the Etihad he wouldn't recognise a team. Every disjointed, unbalanced side that he has picked can't be described even loosely as a team.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jabei said:

Tbf without his goals last season we would have been relegated. And without his goals this season we would probably be sitting on about 12 points. Theres plenty of other waste of spaces to be directing your annoyance at

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, DT said:

What winning mentality is he talking about. Surely we are bottom of the league because we don't have a winning mentality. They certainly didn't try to win the massive 6 pointer today, they were set up to be completely negative.

Edited by Baird of the land
  • Like 3

Watched the game drinking  with a Newcastle fan.

He made the point early on: do these players know they're bottom? Do they care? Why are they being so passive?

The words 'turgid' and 'clueless' were used more than once in our conversation.

• Like 4

I dont really go for criticising managers and players but today was an absolute shambles.

I would probably give a 6/10 to KWP and probably 5.5 to JWP and Lavia, possibly the same for Alvarez for his shot that hit the post but beyond that the rest were dire.

And there seems to be no cohesion in the team which is down to the coaching staff.

• Like 6