Sunderland 5-0 Southampton

coalman

52 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

This would be my lineup today, Downes x Charles might be a little more defensive but Id like to see us start to bed in a more defensively solid approach

Hopefully Adams has enough about him to channel whatever dissatisfaction he has into a good performance and I back him to bag another today if he starts, Arma coming from deep allows him to carry on what he has been doing and on current form I don’t think Alcaraz deserves a start

Excited to hopefully see what THB has about him and I also think, despite my early dissapointment that Fraser is going to be a hugely important asset to us this year 

Lets start strong… Saints 2-0 win for me

IMG_9011.jpeg

Fraser plays on the left, and I think it is much more likely that Holgate starts at CB as he has been here most of the week, but otherwise I agree. Sulemana (Edozie) and Alcaraz to come on 15 mins after we have scored the first (and not conceded) 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

This would be my lineup today, Downes x Charles might be a little more defensive but Id like to see us start to bed in a more defensively solid approach

Hopefully Adams has enough about him to channel whatever dissatisfaction he has into a good performance and I back him to bag another today if he starts, Arma coming from deep allows him to carry on what he has been doing and on current form I don’t think Alcaraz deserves a start

Excited to hopefully see what THB has about him and I also think, despite my early dissapointment that Fraser is going to be a hugely important asset to us this year 

IMG_9011.jpeg

Totally agree with this. Doubt THB starts though.

1 hour ago, Smirking_Saint said:

IMG_9011.jpeg

Alcaraz must start and not Adams.

With you except AA up top and Alcaraz midfield or even possibly vice versa.

12 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Fraser plays on the left, and I think it is much more likely that Holgate starts at CB as he has been here most of the week, but otherwise I agree. Sulemana (Edozie) and Alcaraz to come on 15 mins after we have scored the first (and not conceded) 

Have a bet on it. I even think your subs are right. 😀

• Like 1

really interested in what the team will be... 

Would like Fraser to start.

For Che, I guess it will depend where his head is at after yesterday. will be telling

Not sure who Russ starts CB, could reasonably be two of four although likely to see a debut.

Downes to start

How exciting 

7 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Problem is they’re all left sided though really, with only SAA showing any natural aptitude for the right side

So its a toss up really, maybe we see Fraser/Edozie swap ?

Just now, The Juice said:

well... no one had Mara. 

Thought he looked good when he came on last week so be interesting to watch! 

Don’t think there much else choice unless Che went in there, and I thought before the game that the bench would be the best he’d get. Adarma can’t really play up top on his own in this system so it’s about the best realistic option we had. If it’s not going great then at least Che is there from the bench.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

Slightly surprised/disappointed that Fraser isn't starting but perhaps he's not 100% 'match fit' yet?

Probably rewarding edozie for his goal last week? Would be a bit savage to drop him when he's finally shown a bit of end product we've all been screaming for. If he doesn't kick on and Fraser impressed from the bench again I think he'll then drop to the bench.

• Like 2

Just now, Wsaint said:

Probably rewarding edozie for his goal last week? Would be a bit savage to drop him when he's finally shown a bit of end product we've all been screaming for. If he doesn't kick on and Fraser impressed from the bench again I think he'll then drop to the bench.

Fair point 👍

Just now, Wsaint said:

Think that's a good move

6 minutes ago, The Juice said:

well... no one had Mara. 

Thought he looked good when he came on last week so be interesting to watch! 

Also, AA as captain!?

May be down to Adams' head still being not completely right I guess. Really hoping that today is the day Mara properly steps up for us.

8 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

That bench, jesus

:poundit:

Decent line up - good to show Mara we're keeping faith in him, Martin must have liked what he saw last week. AA playing wider is also a good thing. Welcome back Smallbone. 

Definitely excited for the season now.

3 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Hasn't RM said he doesn't see Stu as a winger though? Have to wait til KO to see what position he actually takes up.

I think Stu will play as the 10. Wouldn't surprise me to see that front 3 being quite fluid, including using Mara to come in from the right. 

5 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Hasn't RM said he doesn't see Stu as a winger though? Have to wait til KO to see what position he actually takes up.

I have it as Downes as the DM pivot, then Stu and Will ahead in CM, then AA and Edozie wide of Mara. S 4-1-2-2-1 or the reverse Christmas tree.

5 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Harsh on Charles to be dropped.

Big chance for Mara, would be nice if he comes good and we have three strikers pushing for that spot :eek:

A strong bench so no excuses for not changing things up if we're not ahead after 65 mins.

Rotated is a fairer word! We have a big squad, everyone will need some rotation at some point.

• Like 1

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Sunderland 5-0 Southampton Saturday
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Sunderland 5-0 Southampton
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic