Saints 1-4 Leicester - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, RedArmy said:

You’re watching a different game fella. 

Theyve been clinical because our mistakes have been far worse but we had plenty of chances to punish their mistakes too. 

Before that goal we had more shots than them. 

Have you seen our powder puff shots?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedArmy said:

You’re watching a different game fella. 

Theyve been clinical because our mistakes have been far worse but we had plenty of chances to punish their mistakes too. 

Before that goal we had more shots than them. 

Don't be silly, they are away from home and have been all over us.

• Like 2

Just now, saintant said:

Don't be silly, they are away from home and have been all over us.

This is it. They've ripped us apart on numerous occasions, same as Norwich did. At our gaff. Infront of our fans. And we've fucking spread our legs for them.  Fucked it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

We need Charles in midfield. Trouble is, at the moment, that means playing Holgate. But it that's the case, so be it. We are too open in midfield and at the back. We can't keep trying to outscore teams. (Albeit we have to now!)

Agree with this. Midfield without Charles hopelessly inadequate.

Fuck me, I thought we’d suffered enough last season. Obviously not. 

Time for players to look each other in the eye and say this is not fucking good enough. 

• Like 1

It would be an insult to schoolboys to say we're making schoolboy errors. How many managerial fuck ups can this lot make?

I'm afraid to say I'm all for Martin leaving now. From what I have seen, this is the worst we have been in a very, very long time. He is absolutely tactically clueless.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Yeah apart from the bits where we’ve more possession and more shots. 

They haven’t outplayed us, we outshitted them. 

More possession and more shots doesn't mean shit if we're not even testing their keeper.

Tapping it around in the final third and hitting tame long range shots straight at the keeper does not qualify as "outplaying them".

Edited by Sheaf Saint
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Hope those smallbone lovers because he came up through that ranks have had a head hobble, what a fuckin pile of shit he is 

yup...........no vision and fuck me slow as...................why does he keep staring in front of alcaraz?..........anyway leicester will score more.........

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

More possession and more shots doesn't mean shit if we're not even testing their keeper.

Doesn’t make Leicester any better. A good team would have beaten them tonight, they’ve been shocking for a team that’s top of the league. 
That’s how bad we are. 

• Like 2

Knew that Leicester would be the toughest challenge.

They are clearly a better side, way more stable and well drilled. They deserve to be ahead but good grief we've made it easy for them.

Ridiculous tactics anyone can see that. After shipping 4 and 5, I'd have expected a dour gritty match.

First aim would be not to concede. Charles has to be in midfield. Holgate just has to cope. FBs need to stay in their proper position. Make Leicester play against two resilient walls of 4. Bluntly both man and ball should ever pass.

Once control has been established gradually let the flair players loose.

Be pretty grim to watch but neither would Saints be 4 1 down.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Doesn’t make Leicester any better. A good team would have beaten them tonight, they’ve been shocking for a team that’s top of the league. 
That’s how bad we are. 

They are better than us by some distance.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

That’s how bad we are. 

They've made a few mistakes but they have kept a decent defensive shape to stop us getting through and been clinical on the counter. A perfect away performance really. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-4 Leicester - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic