Saints 0-1 Ipswich - Match Thread

Saint Garrett

I’m also not sure how we can call the recruitment a success when we’ve left ourselves one injury away from starting Joe f’ing Aribo. The sad thing is we could have been good this year but, as per usual, we’ve decided to be too clever and blown it all up. Ever since Tella left we’ve lost all attacking impetus.

• Like 1

Just now, James said:

I’m also not sure how we can call the recruitment a success when we’ve left ourselves one injury away from starting Joe f’ing Aribo. The sad thing is we could have been good this year but, as per usual, we’ve decided to be too clever and blown it all up. Ever since Tella left we’ve lost all attacking impetus.

We haven't, its just this dickhead in the managers seat trying to be smart by picking this dross. 

We coudl make 2 subs and instantly improve the structure of the team 

• Like 4

I think it is such a shame the blind faith fans had in RM was so unfounded. Is Wilcox still the best thing since sliced bread, as he has not built a side that is suitable for this league and I assume part of selecting this manger with this style of football

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dman said:

We haven't, its just this dickhead in the managers seat trying to be smart by picking this dross. 

We coudl make 2 subs and instantly improve the structure of the team 

I don’t get how any competent football manager looks at a team sheet with Adam Armstrong and Joe Aribo in the midfield and thinks it’s good enough to win a competitive game. Just insane.

1 minute ago, OldNick said:

I think it is such a shame the blind faith fans had in RM was so unfounded. Is Wilcox still the best thing since sliced bread, as he has not built a side that is suitable for this league and I assume part of selecting this manger with this style of football

It wasn’t blind faith. Most people didn’t want him but he said the right things and made a good start all things considered. 

it’s gone to shit though, losing again and lucky not to be 3 down. So easy to play against just giving goals away it’s absolutely pathetic. 

• Like 3

Just now, stknowle said:

I think I've already reached the resigned acceptance stage I felt under Selles. This is just so unspeakably bad, but I can't even get angry about it because its ALREADY so expected. 

It's exactly that. Really sad that fans are feeling this way, a result of the dross of the past year.

• Like 1

This mananger is a real dud i fear. We simply have no central midfield, no pressing intensity or off the ball drilling at all, and our defensive shape is abysmal... And thats outside of the fact that he sets the team up to play suicidally as his desired way of playing. Selles would have been far better than this shit. 

In all seriousness, I just wish we had never sacked Ralph tbh. Would rehire him in a heartbeat even now. 

And I think I'll say this every week... Playing us is the footballing equivalent of taking candy from a baby. I don't think I've ever seen a worse saints side defensively. It's just embarrassing if nothing else. The players must hate it being made to look like absolute idiots every other minute and every single game. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 6

Usually a manager starts making bizarre decisions when they are approaching the end and have run out of ideas. Yet Martin is a couple of months in and already so many bonkers decisions

- Playing KWP as both a cm and a right back

- Making AA undroppable to the extent he is now playing in midfield

- Making Smallbone pretty much undroppable

- Playing our best, and only, CDM in centre of defence

- Playing Holgate when he just came off the bus, and then never playing him again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer Saint said:

Fuck it. He's got to go. Even I've had enough. 

Can’t believe we are at this stage already but I agree. The guy is more likely to take us down than get promoted playing like this. Absolute suicide.

• Like 1

I suppose the most concerning thing is, Ipswich are just standard championship slop. They haven't done anything remotely special beyond the basics. 

I think we can still turn this around and get a result - they're not out of sight and we're not entirely without threat.

But we are not a team that's going to be anywhere near a promotion contender. 

The only reason it looks good in training is that they are playing against themselves. Shocking again. What is his excuse this time. Team tired. Injuries. Negative crowd. Bit unlucky. Making good progress. Etc etc. wankers 

hope the crowd gives him some real shit second half

Edited by saint michael
  • Like 1

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 0-1 Ipswich - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic