Saints 0-1 Ipswich - Match Thread

Saint Garrett

Just now, CB Fry said:

Maybe desperately clinging on to Che Adams wasn't that important after all.

Was our downfall last season as well. Scored a couple of goals at Leicester, just before the window closed, everyone thought we might be OK and then he instantly turned to shit. Same old story this season.

Just now, igsey said:

We looked much better defensively since Bednarek came on and Charles went in to midfield (what a fucking shock).

Shame we can't score for toffee.

As they said on Sky Sports - early season optimism has all but evaporated. No surprise given that the owners once again sold anything that wasn't nailed down and replaced it with crap loan players.

• Like 2

Well that was predicably depressing. I think you can pretty much call off any auto promotion now, teams that finish top 2 don't lose 2 on the bounce - let alone 3. We're now 9 points adrift of the top spot, with a -6 goal difference in the Championship - let that sink in. How depressing.

And at this rate I'm all for St Mary's being totally demolished and re-built somewhere else, it's just fucked. The place stinks, it's just misery and a cesspit of shit in whatever league and whatever year.

But we sadly have the hallmarks of a Stoke/Swansea/Watford and it feels like we are going to be a miserable also-ran in this league, which with our budget is quite simply unacceptable.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 7

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 0-1 Ipswich - Match Thread
4 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

Once again SR have mismanaged the whole thing. Did we expect anything different after last seasons joke? 

Mid table mediocrity beckons. They are notorious for not taking action when it's going badly. Utterly depressing season ahead again.. 😒

Mid table is being generous from what I'm seeing.

• Like 1

Just now, Disco Stu said:

I have no confidence in this manager.

Players clearly demotivated. Some of the suffering Premier league hangover. The rest probably wondering why RM was appointed in the first place. Bored of listening to him drone on... 

Need to do something to inject some drive and enthusiasm and organisation into the team.

Boro to get their first win next game. 

1 minute ago, James said:

As they said on Sky Sports - early season optimism has all but evaporated. No surprise given that the owners once again sold anything that wasn't nailed down and replaced it with crap loan players.

Except they didn't do that, did they. Clearly there are issues but there's no point talking nonsense.