Middlesbrough 2-1 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

1 minute ago, Suhari said:

Are we being brave yet?

I’ve got £50 on Martin telling us that we played well, should have been 5-0 up before they scored, unlucky to concede the penalty, but he’s proud with the effort the lads put it, never gave up and we’ll be alright if we keep playing like this.

Its a broken record, yet almost touching the relegation zone 🤡

Leeds fans must be and will be laughing at us now and next week after we were only just laughing at them a few weeks ago, when they were sitting near the bottom on 2pts, patting ourselves on the back, telling ourselves that we were glad we weren’t in such the mess as Leeds were!

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

No.

He's out of his depth. There is no way that this squad of players should be underperforming so badly. We're staring at 4 consecutive defeats and he doesn't appear to have the slightest clue what to do about it.

What I’d give for us to cut the bullshit, get back to basics by bringing Allardyce in.  Make us difficult to beat and install a bit of character into the side.  

As you say, there is no way this squad of players should be underperforming to these levels.  

• Like 4

Currently we are the easiest team in this league to play against. The opposition knows exactly what we are going to do and we are so inept that we telegraph it and effectively encourage them. We have a group of players who think they are too good for this league making schoolboy errors each game. We are regressing rather than imprisoving under Martin. This can’t continue, even at the expense of Wilcox and Ankersen’s egos. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

No.

He's out of his depth. There is no way that this squad of players should be underperforming so badly. We're staring at 4 consecutive defeats and he doesn't appear to have the slightest clue what to do about it.

Yep.

We are way worse than the sum of our parts.

Which is pretty impressive actually.

Just now, sambosa75 said:

What I’d give for us to cut the bullshit, get back to basics by bringing Allardyce in.  Make us difficult to beat and install a bit of character into the side.  

As you say, there is no way this squad of players should be underperforming to these levels.  

I heard on the radio Steve Bruce is looking to get back in.

'Boro able to pick passes from deep, while still maintaining their shape.

So many things we see from any of our opponents this season, that you wonder why seem incable of doing any of them. 😞

1 minute ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Not a fucking chance

He would have to change our form to miracle levels not going to happen, all he seems to have done is reinforce our losing mentality, you simply can't win games conceding the amount we do 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I heard on the radio Steve Bruce is looking to get back in.

'Boro able to pick passes from deep, while still maintaining their shape.

So many things we see from any of our opponents this season, that you wonder why seem incable of doing any of them. 😞

I wouldn’t go near Bruce with a barge pole.  Big Sam is on a totally different level to him though.  He wouldn’t be my first choice but he’d do a job in making us more difficult to beat and getting us back to basics.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Middlesbrough 2-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic