Saints 3-1 Birmingham - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

24 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Didn’t see Che Adams in the latest gallery, so not expecting him to be fit. Having just listened to the press conference part 2, I’m not sure why nobody asked about his fitness. He’s not been in good form since the window shut but usually scores against previous employers/boyhood club.

Win today and that point against Preston looks much better. 2-1 Saints is my prediction. 

I’ll go with 2-1 but I have no idea who the scorers for us will be 

• Like 1

Never quite got the purpose of pre match press conferences. I guess Sky News needs them.

No manager will talk about tactics. No matter who the opposition is they will be called 'dangerous', and injured players will be deemed 'close to a return'. We'll be told nothing.

That leaves inane answers to bland questions. If a manager is under pressure they might get s bit 'punchy' but that's it .... booring!

Hopefully THB will be back today. Will RM make the brave decision to keep Bree on the left. He should do Bree was one of the brighter moments from Wednesday.

Other than that it will be rinse and repeat from previous games.

Doesn't matter who is up front, the ball has to get to them quicker.

Bet Baz goes up for a corner at the end. Brum will be watching him 😀

• Like 2

Just now, austsaint said:

Good call to keep Bree at LB instead of Manning.    Would like to have seen Smallbone replaced but otherwise, just about the best 11 have been picked.

If Charles hadn't put in such an abysmal performance last time out i'd agree. As it is Smallbone is the right choice. 

I think CM is definitely an area to look to upgrade in January. 

Just now, Saint_clark said:

If Charles hadn't put in such an abysmal performance last time out i'd agree. As it is Smallbone is the right choice. 

I think CM is definitely an area to look to upgrade in January. 

Yes, Charles didn't warrant a spot based on the Preston performance.   Like you say though - competition for Smallbone is desperately needed - he's a luxury player we can't really afford.

• Like 1

Start fast with conviction - build momentum and keep them under the cosh. Mix it up a bit and don't be afraid to use long balls in behind to utilise the pace of Sulemana whenever it's on - THB hits a good long ball.  Encourage centre backs to surge forward with the ball because they're both capable and this opens up space ahead. Lots of movement into space, between the lines and off the ball, less walking football. Let's show some proper intensity.

• Like 1

Pint of necessary evil in hand 4.5 abv( not bad not brilliant £6  (from the dancing man brewery concession inside entrance H Northam concourse) Atmos same. Team looks alright. COYS

my saints supporter of blind faith bet the day ; Charlie is 17/2 first goalscorer. No Che to come in and so extra goalscoring responsibility on him plus about time he scores…Take score anytime for insurance ( comes at c 2.75/1) but iim On.😎

Edited by gio1saints

Just now, Dig Dig said:

Right, cos you’ve been screaming for Bree to play LB all season? Other than him, it’s the same side that has been playing 

No, but i've said we should give him a go and with Manning back it's the right decision to keep Bree at left back. 

Also the right decision to put Alcaraz, Sulemana and S. Armstrong all back in.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 Birmingham - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic