Saints vs Reading Build-Up

trousers

after the way they came and mugged us a few months back for the title...defending and hitting us on the break....I hope we smash them..

they play the very same as last year..look to hit the wings and pick up knock downs...I hate them for no other reason that what I have mentioned above..

their defence is worse than ours by a mile and as long as we can deal with their crosses, we should do them...

I will be amazed if we dont score

after the way they came and mugged us a few months back for the title...defending and hitting us on the break....I hope we smash them..

they play the very same as last year..look to hit the wings and pick up knock downs...I hate them for no other reason that what I have mentioned above..

their defence is worse than ours by a mile and as long as we can deal with their crosses, we should do them...

I will be amazed if we dont score

Which isn't our strength defensively.

We owe them and i'll think we'll win, if we dont beat them and Sunderland i'd be surprised if we stay up.

One hundred and six, one hundred and six, we [sic] hold the record, one hundred and six.

We don't give a f**k, we don't give a f**k, we are svamtum, we don't give a f**k.

The only thing I remember from the last match. ********, hope we smash them.

They are the true definition of a "noddy club". I think they probably have a core of 8,000 supporters, the rest are all Premier League football fans who'll disappear if they hit the Championship again and struggle.

Loving the goal music at the Mad Stad... sums them up

Which isn't our strength defensively.

We owe them and i'll think we'll win, if we dont beat them and Sunderland i'd be surprised if we stay up.

Agree. At the start of the season, the fixture list was not kind. But from Swansea to Sunderland... With Chelsea being called off. It has been extremely kind

If we are still in bottom 3 after Sunderland game. That would be horrifically disappointing!!

Biggest game of the season that we should win at least 8-0. Cannot give them an inch and should smash several past them, especially as Jason Roberts is their main outlet going forward...

In reality it'll be 2-1 to us and we will have worked for it, but that will do.

I really ****ing hate Reading. No, no, REALLY ****ing hate Reading.

Please, please god let us win this one....!

Mind you, I really ****ing hate Liverpool and look where that got us.....

Have you thought about seeking help for your hate feelings?

They are the true definition of a "noddy club". I think they probably have a core of 8,000 supporters, the rest are all Premier League football fans who'll disappear if they hit the Championship again and struggle.

Loving the goal music at the Mad Stad... sums them up

Yep, I work in Reading and up until March last season I genuinely knew of only 2 Reading fans. As soon as March arrived there were dozens of the f*ckers, all trying to engage in "banter" with me. A lot of them support two clubs as well, a big one, mainly Liverpool or Chelsea and claim to also support Reading. A lot of them are now whinging they want the manager out and won't go again until they start playing better.

As i said t'other day, bit a noddy club. Manager that looks like and even more ****ish Heston Blumenthal (if such a thing is possible). Makes me laugh whenever uninformed pundits say we won the championship. You'd find more genuine passion and excitement in a hospice conga line than amongst their 'supporters'. I'll be there to watch us beat them 3-1.

They worry me a bit - they are similar to Norwich, and will force us into errors unless we are absolutely on the top of our passing game.

Jason Roberts worries me the way he bullied MU's defenders and their goalkeeper last night.

I think they'll fancy it based on last season when they were deffo the better team in both games.

Agree that this plus Sunderland are absolute must win games.....

They worry me a bit - they are similar to Norwich, and will force us into errors unless we are absolutely on the top of our passing game.

Jason Roberts worries me the way he bullied MU's defenders and their goalkeeper last night.

I think they'll fancy it based on last season when they were deffo the better team in both games.

Agree that this plus Sunderland are absolute must win games.....

Eh? You were a another game if you thought they were the better side in the home game. We battered them.

They're also not like Norwich. Norwich defend in numbers, in a unit, and close down quickly. Reading just can't defend, they are absolutely hopeless at the back - Similar to us in some aspects, so there will be goals in this one. If we want to survive in this league we can't worry about players like Jason Roberts, no disrespect.

It's a must win though.

It's more of a must-not-lose...
come on...w really need to win this...they are directly below us and we need to put daylight between us.....................for all the horrible fixtures at the start of the season...the run of games from swansea to sunderland have been very very kind...we have done well but come final whistle of the sunderland game...if we are in the bottom 3 still.......we are in serious trouble...also, that would be massively disappointing given the teams we would have played...reading and sunderland are terrible....we have them both at home........with sunderland, we have the luxury of having a break before hand......MINIMUM of 4 points from these two....MINIMUM

come on...w really need to win this...they are directly below us and we need to put daylight between us.....................for all the horrible fixtures at the start of the season...the run of games from swansea to sunderland have been very very kind...we have done well but come final whistle of the sunderland game...if we are in the bottom 3 still.......we are in serious trouble...also, that would be massively disappointing given the teams we would have played...reading and sunderland are terrible....we have them both at home........with sunderland, we have the luxury of having a break before hand......MINIMUM of 4 points from these two....MINIMUM
Exactly, we HAVE to win this. So far this season, we've had Wigan, Fulham, Swansea and Norwich at home, got the grand total of three points out of those 4 games - clearcut relegation form.

They're such a nothing club. Full of Arsenal and Chelsea fans who don't go to London. We owe them after the 'job' they did on us last season. If things click then I can see it being 4 or 5-0, but they'll be a threat from set pieces. You know they'll give us some very good chances, I just think we have got to be clinical.

Such an important game this. I said we needed 15 points from Swansea, QPR, Newcastle, Norwich, Liverpool, Sunderland and Reading. We currently have 8. If we're still in the relegation zone by Christmas I think we're down.

I say this due to our fixtures in January, and also the fact we've played 7 of the bottom 9 at home. Worrying.

They're such a nothing club. Full of Arsenal and Chelsea fans who don't go to London. We owe them after the 'job' they did on us last season. If things click then I can see it being 4 or 5-0, but they'll be a threat from set pieces. You know they'll give us some very good chances, I just think we have got to be clinical.

Such an important game this. I said we needed 15 points from Swansea, QPR, Newcastle, Norwich, Liverpool, Sunderland and Reading. We currently have 8. If we're still in the relegation zone by Christmas I think we're down.

I say this due to our fixtures in January, and also the fact we've played 7 of the bottom 9 at home. Worrying.

we've got villa away and Arsenal / Everton at home in Jan, that's not too bad in the grand scheme of things, plus man utd away.

Part from the Manchesters I wouldn't write us off in any of those games.

Need 6pts though from Reading and Sunderland.

We should beat Reading, our squad is better. That giant centre-back they have will be a threat from set pieces and they work hard but if we take our chances and play like we did against Newcastle it could be 4 or 5.

The weeks rest will also help we looked sluggish against Norwich and Liverpool.

Edited by tajjuk

Yep agreed, sunderland and Reading are must wins TBH or like TDD says a minimum of 4 points required, as per the fixtures above, hmm, 8-10 points from that lot and Ill be happy I reckon.

At the very least we need to pick up points at St Marys, and stop throwing away leads.

Edited by Smirking_Saint