CONFIRMED - Mane joins Liverpool for £34m + £2m addons

toe_punt

Thetr is something wrong eith the club. Unable to hold on to valuable assets. Not too fussef about Vic going, but losing our only rral creative, exciting player (apologies to tadic) is getting ridiculous. We didn't have to sell him, but the Board really just see things in terms of pounds earned. In the end we suffer because kids lose their heroes and lose interst and our future fan base disappears. But its OK our Board will come up with a cheap replacement and some supporters will continue to believe that because it has worked in the past it will work in the future. In the end it will go tits up. Thats 9 staff and players out now, and one in.

Thetr is something wrong eith the club. Unable to hold on to valuable assets. Not too fussef about Vic going, but losing our only rral creative, exciting player (apologies to tadic) is getting ridiculous. We didn't have to sell him, but the Board really just see things in terms of pounds earned. In the end we suffer because kids lose their heroes and lose interst and our future fan base disappears. But its OK our Board will come up with a cheap replacement and some supporters will continue to believe that because it has worked in the past it will work in the future. In the end it will go tits up. Thats 9 staff and players out now, and one in.

Are you drunk?

Yes, but the important bit is 'depending on how well Liverpool do', which means it will just be the £34.5M ;)

I thought the article said with add ons it would rise to between £36m and 38.5m, meaning 36m guaranteed. Happily accept £36m if it means Liverpool having 4 crap seasons......

I counted 7? 3 staff and 4 players including Ramirez?

Let's see the personne we have lost:

2014:

Lambert

Lallana

Lovren

Chambers

Shaw

Pochettino

Matt Radcliffe

Paul Mitchell

2015:

Morgan

Clyne

2016:

Mane

Wanyama

Koeman

Edited by nta786

2014:

Lambert

Lallana

Lovren

Chambers

Shaw

Pochettino

Matt Radcliffe

Paul Mitchell

2015:

Morgan

Clyne

Koeman

2016:

Mane

Wanyama

How does that compare with other clubs? Not many players hang around too long anywhere these days. Frequent changes of manager don't help.

2014:

Lambert - getting old so a bit meh what ever the past service.

Lallana - so be it

Lovren - c***

Chambers - stupid money for someone who had hardly played

Shaw - even more stupid money

Pochettino - a shame, but what could the club do?

Matt Radcliffe - so be it

Paul Mitchell - so be it

2015:

Morgan - didn't want to be here

Clyne - last year of contract and refused to extend

Koeman - didn't want to see out his contract and went for the money and the entry on his CV of improving an under performing Everton

2016:

Mane - stupid money and didn't want to be here

Wanyama - last year of contract and refused to extend

Do you advocate the club buying in some guns and holding the staff hostage so that they don't leave????

9? So you're basically including Kelvin as evidence we can't hang on to players.

One day you my get your wish and we will have to sit through a season without a Lallana, Morgan, Wanyama or Mané in the squad.

2014:

Lallana - so be it

Lovren - c***

Paul Mitchell - so be it

2015:

Koeman - didn't want to see out his contract and went for the money and the entry on his CV of improving an under performing Everton

2016:

Do you advocate the club buying in some guns and holding the staff hostage so that they don't leave????

This kind of puts things into perspective, thank you.

2014:

Lambert - getting old so a bit meh what ever the past service. (With hindsight, we had the best of him, he has gone downhill since.)

Lallana - so be it (Has future potential, could be great, but always a nearly player, but hasn't had a better year since his exceptional last season for us)

Lovren - c*** (Plenty of good years ahead of him, even after a poor first season. His arrogance with the national side is something we don't need to have near us)

Chambers - stupid money for someone who had hardly played (Hasn't played enough to improve since he left us and wouldn't be missed by AFC if they sold him)

Shaw - even more stupid money (Great talent, broke his leg, anything could happen from here)

Pochettino - a shame, but what could the club do? (Missed, we'd have him back in a heartbeat, but left for greener grass)

Paul Mitchell - so be it

2015:

Morgan - didn't want to be here (Good footballer, but not a worldie. Not being used at Man Utd, but would walk back into our midfield)

Clyne - last year of contract and refused to extend (Disappointed that he's not England's first choice full back. Thought he would have nailed that with his move to Roy's LFC)

Koeman - didn't want to see out his contract and went for the money and the entry on his CV of improving an under performing Everton (whatevs)

2016:

Mane - stupid money and didn't want to be here (£34m for him is good business. Good footballer, hope he goes on from here, fear that he won't)

Wanyama - last year of contract and refused to extend (Wants Champions League football, will have it for 1 season at Tottenham and then move to back to Celtic, citing ambition)

We sell players, we buy players. Typically the players we sell (that we remember) leave for big club challenges. But we must remember, we have bought half the Celtic team in recent years, and there is no doubting which of SFC and Celtic are bigger. (there's also no doubting which one has the financial ability to pay more)

2014:

Lallana - so be it

Lovren - c***

Paul Mitchell - so be it

2015:

2016:

Cheers; good post. You're right we are terrible at holding on to our best players (not to mention managers). Maybe only Newcastle worse would you say?

I still don't understand why players are so keen to leave at the first offer. Is it ambition or greed? Surely a regular starting place is a better option?

Hmmm, let me think....

What would I do if another employer came along and offered me double my wages for less work?

I'll have to give this some serious thought and get back to you ;)

Let's get this straight, we have lost a key number of players because we have finished 8th, 7th and 6th in the past three years, and we are not the traditional top 6 club.

I've decided to look for teams in the past who have replicated that, and Aston Villa finishing 6th three times in a row, Evertons fairly successful few seasons.

Each one of those clubs have lost key players, Aston Villa lost Barry, Milner, Downing and Ashley Young for huge fees too at the time.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/aston-villa/english-football-teams/aston-villa-transfer

Have a look yourself- funny how Aston Villa did spend more than they gained from Benteke and Delph sales etc, key is how you spend it not how much you spend. We need to continue with the transfer success we have had, as Newcastle have shown this season in particular that money could be blown very easily.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/everton/english-football-teams/everton-transfers

This is Everton- whilst not as regular as us, they have lost some big names.

Really though we have lost far too many numbers- doesn't matter if we are successful!!!

We wont ya know, Kats got it all, Reed`s a joke, bet our new manager is crap, we are a soft touch, be we get relegated......boo hoo....snivel, sniff, whine.....:cry:

My god do you ever stop ? You go on and on and on ffs .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

My god do you ever stop ? You go on and on and on ffs .

I know your are a tad dim but can you see the irony in your post....

Lets do a deal...If you stop posting utter garbage i will ignore you...i know thats a lot to ask of you as you can`t help yourself but give it a go... ;)

I know your are a tad dim but can you see the irony in your post....

Lets do a deal...If you stop posting utter garbage i will ignore you...i know thats a lot to ask of you as you can`t help yourself but give it a go... ;)

The irony is that you don't understand what irony is .

You post way more than I do . Always telling people off and belittling in your smug style .

I'm looking forward to seeing Mane fail in a Liverpool shirt. He's just too inconsistent to secure a starting place at a "big" club and coming off the bench he often trys too hard. He is a very much a confidence player and can barely stay on his feet when things are going against him. But i wish he was staying as we don't have anyone with his skill, on his day he is simply unplayable and that super quick hat trick against Villa will stay in my memory for ever, great day! I still don't understand why players are so keen to leave at the first offer. Is it ambition or greed? Surely a regular starting place is a better option?

Why on earth do some people want others to fail? I would rather Saints players be the best of the best. I would rather watch two excellent sets of players in a Saints v Liverpool match in which Mane played well for Liverpool, but our opposite number was even better. That's the kind of entertainment I look forward to.

Best wishes from the club so clearly no animosity there

Well yeah- it was always gonna be that. Mane didn't force the move or come out with stupid comments like Lovren or say he would never play for us like Lallana.

Mane would have given his all if we made him stay for a third year- but Reed and others just took a decision to cash in now and invest than take £15m for him next season (and also knowinng he will miss a month and a half)

Here's hoping he has a lovely inconsistent season at Liverpool where he is ****e for 90% of it and loses confidence due to his price tag and results in the club and players on his back. :D

There's not really any need to be bitter is there?

For me it's thanks Sadio...I've enjoyed what you brought to the team and wish we could have kept you - thought you'd go to one of the big European teams rather than stepping down ours but good luck except, of course, when we play the unimaginative, bin-dipping ****s you've joined!

Bitter...nah...pint of lager for me!

£36m for a player that inconsistent is quite a lot of money. Unplayable on his day, which hopefully next season is against Everton but absolutely nowhere for half of last year. Think he had a 6 month period where Liverpool were the only team he scored against.

It's a shame he's gone, he's been really good to watch in a Saints shirt.

Pretty likely I'll be able to say I was there for the fastest Premier League hat trick for a long long time to come because of him :)

Now we need to carry on our track record of spending money ten times better than Liverpool. That's already led us to finishing above them for the first time in our history. Hopefully it can keep us above them next season.

"Liverpool are adamant the deal for Mane will not exceed £30million, inclusive of any add-ons as part of the negotiation which was agreed last week but delayed at Southampton’s request until they completed the £11 million signing of replacement Nathan Redmond."

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/28/sadio-mane-liverpool-announce-five-year-deal-for-30m-striker/

(From the Liverpool side of the Telegraph)