Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 2786

Thread: CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Needless comments. Once we have paid the money they want for him and then Fonte can chat about him all he wants.

Poor from Fonte, but expect it's because it's pretty much done.

Or it's a desperate bid to stop him joining Everton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was just coming on to post it and by all accounts was awesome again.

Hard to knock Fonte there. He was only answering questions put to him.

Time to buy him has come. Up the offer and get him in quick.

He was.

I'm pretty surprised at the figures being reported. He's better than Wanyama so I'd have thought the club would want at least that for him.

His behaviour on twitter and you're centre half's comment suggest he'll be joining you anyway.

To be fair I wouldn't begrudge spending 12m on him as he will get bought eventually for about 35m in 3yrs time.

He really is an incredible talent. It's so bizarre seeing a 6 foot 4 centre half bang free kicks into the top corner from 30 yards out, especially up here.

Quote Originally Posted by mulgrew21 View Post
    He was.

I'm pretty surprised at the figures being reported. He's better than Wanyama so I'd have thought the club would want at least that for him.

His behaviour on twitter and you're centre half's comment suggest he'll be joining you anyway.
    What has VVD said on Twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by iansums View Post
    What has VVD said on Twitter?
    Nothing, he has just followed/liked a bunch of Saints players, think Luke Shaw a couple of years ago.

Just pay the asking price. It's not as if we're short of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saints View Post
    i am very worried Everton is going to swoop in and we get left in the cold. At this point, we better be prepared to pay the price and then some.

I am sure there is a plan B, but no clue.

today should have crystalized that we need a CB, if it wasn't already abundantly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintTex View Post
    i am very worried Everton is going to swoop in and we get left in the cold. At this point, we better be prepared to pay the price and then some.

I am sure there is a plan B, but no clue.

today should have crystalized that we need a CB, if it wasn't already abundantly clear.
    Everton can only afford him if Stones leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by View From The Top View Post
    Stones will leave IMO.

Shouldn't even be a factor. We have known we needed a CB since it was clear Toby was leaving, so we must have a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Charlie View Post
    Stones will leave IMO.

Shouldn't even be a factor. We have known we needed a CB since it was clear Toby was leaving, so we must have a plan.
    It's obvious that VVD is 1st choice but no doubt we have a back up in mind if Celtic refuse to sell. It's CMD that I'm more concerned about.

Blog Entries

It's obvious that VVD is 1st choice but no doubt we have a back up in mind if Celtic refuse to sell. It's CMD that I'm more concerned about.
    Yep, CDM is a bigger concern. Arguably we need another CDM that can match, if not exceed what we currently have there, though wonder if the club is thinking along similar lines, given its not insignificant investment in Clasie.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Charlie View Post
    Stones will leave IMO.

I reckon we do have a plan.

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saints View Post
    Please can you inform the club of your brilliant suggestion at your earliest convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    I reckon we do have a plan.
    Don't be silly, of course we don't. We're run like a seaside b&b.

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Yep, CDM is a bigger concern. Arguably we need another CDM that can match, if not exceed what we currently have there, though wonder if the club is thinking along similar lines, given its not insignificant investment in Clasie.
    Looking at the Celtic forums it appears to be their view that VVD could play CDM very effectively.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katalinic View Post
    Looking at the Celtic forums it appears to be their view that VVD could play CDM very effectively.
    Think he could -and would probably do a better job than Toby when he played there, though ultimately it's a question of bodies. There should be no pressure on Clasie to deliver straight away (great if he does); if he doesn't -and its a massive hole he's having to fill; not so sure I'd fancy that our first choice CB playing too many games at CDM. Never mind if Vic also gets injured.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    Please can you inform the club of your brilliant suggestion at your earliest convenience.
    Just sent Les a message on whatsapp

Default Virgil Van Dijk - Transfer Rumours

Could we not have bought the guy this time last year for the paltry sum of a 8 mil? Apparently that was too much of a stretch?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...n-s-radar.html

A bird in the hand...
    Last edited by Plastic; 09-08-2015 at 09:26 PM.

VVD for CDM anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrensup View Post
    VVD for CDM anyone?
    Exactly what I was thinking!

Would love to get this one done. Looks a top player, although it's the SPL

Went down to Newcastle today.... After recovering from the stair climb I enjoyed the game..... Just thought our marking was a little loose especially first half. Saying that it's an easy game watching from the height we were at.

Lets move on to other targets and get our defence settled. This pussy-footing and p*ssing about could still very well lead to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by alpine_saint View Post
    Lets move on to other targets and get our defence settled. This pussy-footing and p*ssing about could still very well lead to nothing.
    Morning pal, how are you? Has anyone ever told you you are the Katie Hopkins of soccerball forums?

This pussy-footing and p*ssing about could still very well lead to nothing.
    That very much describes Saints in front of goal for the last few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ErwinK1961 View Post
    Alpines back I see, he did go strangely quiet during our recent decent results.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    Alpines back I see, he did go strangely quiet during our recent decent results.
    And you are back with that obsessive cliche of yours, I note.

This. It is absolutely scandalous the way the club is behaving on this issue. How on earth we have managed to climb from -10pts in L1 to 7th in the Prem and Europe in six seasons I don't know.

I put my faith in luck. And Saint George.

I think he will be in the squad for the game on Sat

Well they cant be that short as just bid 17m euros for Shaquiri

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I think he will be in the squad for the game on Sat
    Why? Surely they won't sell their best player until they have guarenteed the riches of the Champions League, or have been knocked out. No reason for them to bother selling before those two massive games.

Presumably that is why he is still there now.

By that time (Aug 26th) Everton will possibly have lost Stones, other teams may have had injuries or lost other good CBs so its a risky game unless we are very sure the deal can be done.

I think this is a fair point. You could find another way of expressing it, but I think Alps' view is justified, and I'm pretty sure - not that it will allay his fears - that this will be the club's attitude.

There might be a couple of weeks left until the window closes, but I don't think they will hang around too long for van Dyke or Celtic. I'd like to think they have other targets they can move on to quickly.

You are the forum champion of jumping to conclusions. How do you know what the situation with van Dijk is?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    You are the forum champion of jumping to conclusions. How do you know what the situation with van Dijk is?
    You told everyone who would listen for a good 2-3 years we were going to build a 60,000 seater stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by farawaysaint View Post
    You told everyone who would listen for a good 2-3 years we were going to build a 60,000 seater stadium...
    You must be the forum champion of making up bull****, because I said no such thing. Under Cortese it did look like the club was considering ground improvements, with him commissioning designs from an architect firm to expand and develop St Mary's. As Cortese has now left things have changed and we are now more aware that the situation between Liebherr and Cortese possibly wouldn't have resulted in the funding for such a project.
    Last edited by Matthew Le God; 10-08-2015 at 10:10 AM.

You must be the forum champion of making up bull****, because I said no such thing. Under Cortese it did look like the club was considering ground improvements, with him commissioning designs from an architect firm to expand and develop St Mary's. As Cortese has now left things have changed and we are now more aware that the situation between Liebherr and Cortese possibly wouldn't have resulted in the funding for such a project.
    http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthrea...nnounced-soon)

Has he signed yet?

Yet again proving you can't comprehend English...

The thread title is... St Mary's - What we might expect to see happen (and possibly announced soon)...
    Do you not understand how "might" and "possibly" are caveats and are not definitive?

Plus as I said in the post before yours...

Under Cortese it did look like the club was considering ground improvements, with him commissioning designs from an architect firm to expand and develop St Mary's. As Cortese has now left things have changed and we are now more aware that the situation between Liebherr and Cortese possibly wouldn't have resulted in the funding for such a project.
    Last edited by Matthew Le God; 10-08-2015 at 10:22 AM.

If he's making stupid comments as per usual, I'm considering this 1 a done deal.

Start preparing the bed with the sea view for VVD

I think the management should employ you to sit in on there meetings, you know... to put them right here and there. I cant help thinking where we could be if only they had you putting them right, putting steel in there spines and stuff.

MLG you were pretty hilarious with your stadium expansion hard on. You were telling anyone who'd listen on a few forums that Saints had CL ambitions and we were planning a 60,000 seater stadium etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Shance View Post
    MLG you were pretty hilarious with your stadium expansion hard on. You were telling anyone who'd listen on a few forums that Saints had CL ambitions and we were planning a 60,000 seater stadium etc etc
    It appears you can't comprehend English either.