Saints V Hull City Build up...

saint lard

Wasn't my question, and didn't directly relate to us.

Given this season, Silva would be more sort after than Puel. Even more so if he keeps them up

The reason I said "Puel?" earlier is because your statement says "90% of Chairmen would choose the former", and Puel is "the former", seemed counterintuitive to the point you were trying to make!

Funny to me, Silva seems much more a "Southampton Way" type manager than Puel.

Agreed. Given what Silva has been able to do with what's been available to him at Hull I'd love to see what he'd do for us. We won't be getting rid of Puel though so no point in even allowing ourselves to wonder.

This is the sort of game I expect Gabbi to shine and punish any mistakes a shaky Hull defence make. That being said we all remember games like QPR and Cardiff at home in the past few years when an awful team has done a job on us so hopefully we don't underestimate them.

3-1 Saints I reckon, us to go 2-0 up, they score to make it a nervy finish before Yoshi grabs the third

Funny to me, Silva seems much more a "Southampton Way" type manager than Puel.

Seconded. And has charisma/personality; something very missing in 'Mr interesting Possibilities'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seconded. And has charisma/personality; something very missing in 'Mr interesting Possibilities'

It would be 'interesting' to know how many times Claude has used the word 'interesting' this season. Said with my tongue in my cheek as his English is a damn sight better than my French and at least he is making an effort.

Mike Dean is the referee

there's a negative before the game has even began, I cannot stand Mike Dean, remember Bournemouth away last year Saints fans rightfully letting him know he'd got a decision wrong to which he responded by pretending to yawn. His main objective in a game seems to be to make himself centre of attention.

As you can probably tell, I meant latter. I should really proof read before I press send :blush:

Seems as though it was only Hull that wanted him unless he turned down some of the football giants to join them...

I think he`s ok but not some kind of genius as some are suggesting

Seems as though it was only Hull that wanted him unless he turned down some of the football giants to join them...

I think he`s ok but not some kind of genius as some are suggesting

You're making stuff up again. At no point have I labeled him as a 'genius'. I, and many others I'm sure, think he's done a great job with Hull. He's got them playing good football, and achieved some fantastic results (mostly at home it has to be said) with the limited ability he has in his squad. Do I think he has done a better job than Puel? Yes.

As I have said previously, based on this season, his (Silva's) stock would have risen and IMO would be a more attractive proposition to clubs looking for a new manager this summer.

Hassen and Caceres in please.

Changes need to be made defensively.

I agree with Hassen, but I don't think Stephens and Yoshida need to be swapped. On the whole they've performed very well together!

Fraser Forster on the other hand, I don't know what's happened to him this season! I don't see why we can't give Hassen a go now, because in my opinion, he can't be any worse than Fraser has been as of late!

You're making stuff up again. At no point have I labeled him as a 'genius'. I, and many others I'm sure, think he's done a great job with Hull. He's got them playing good football, and achieved some fantastic results (mostly at home it has to be said) with the limited ability he has in his squad. Do I think he has done a better job than Puel? Yes.

As I have said previously, based on this season, his (Silva's) stock would have risen and IMO would be a more attractive proposition to clubs looking for a new manager this summer.

I never said you labelled him a genius , read it again, i said some...

If he keeps them up he will be higher rated but if not, i doubt he will be so fancied

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

I never said you labelled him a genius , read it again, i said some...

If he keeps them up he will be higher rated but if not, i doubt he will be so fancied

I assume you were away or asleep for the first half of the season.

The fact he has given them an opportunity of survival (along with his style of play) will have raised his stake.

No Hull are absolutely shocking away. 7 points all season scoring 9 in 17 games. Conceding nearly 6 a game away! That's the most conceded by any team in the premier league. That is a lot.

3-0. Or they may get 1 out of complete determination.

Edited by Dr Who?
Being nice to Hull.

I assume you were away or asleep for the first half of the season.

The fact he has given them an opportunity of survival (along with his style of play) will have raised his stake.

Yep they were terrible and now he has improved them to.......... 4th from bottom, better but not as good as you want to make out and tbh

it could only get better from earlier in the season.

Lets be honest if Sunderland and Boro were`nt so utter garbage the team would still be similarly placed to earlier in the season... but you dress it up how you like

Yep they were terrible and now he has improved them to.......... 4th from bottom, better but not as good as you want to make out and tbh

Lets be honest if Sunderland and Boro were`nt so utter garbage the team would still be similarly placed to earlier in the season... but you dress it up how you like

Just admit you were wrong and let's move on.

Silva took over a horrendous squad and a team with 1 win in 18.

Hes since picked up 20 points in 14 games.

His return is better than Puels (1.43 per game vs Puels 1.25)

With a season he'd be on course to reach 54 points, 7 more than us.

With the respective squads that's ridiculous.

Don't just argue mate, get an opinion on something.

Marco Silva was appointed on 5 January which was in advance of week 21 of games in the Prem. If you look at the form table since Silva took over Hull would be 8th. They were in the bottom three when he took over so he has clearly made a massive difference, to say otherwise is silly.

No Hull are absolutely shocking away. 7 points all season scoring 9 in 17 games. Conceding nearly 6 a game away! That's the most conceded by any team in the premier league. That is a lot.

3-0. Or they may get 1 out of complete determination.

Without even looking at the stats I know for a fact they don't average conceding nearly 6 every time they play away. If so they'd have had to have been on the end of some massive hidings, and I can't recall any other than the Bournemouth game. Granted they aren't very good away but you've done some terrible arithmetic to come up with that stat.

Without even looking at the stats I know for a fact they don't average conceding nearly 6 every time they play away. If so they'd have had to have been on the end of some massive hidings, and I can't recall any other than the Bournemouth game. Granted they aren't very good away but you've done some terrible arithmetic to come up with that stat.

:lol: interested to know where he got the figures from... I thought maybe he did total goals conceded / home games played but even that only works out at about 4 per game!

Just admit you were wrong and let's move on.

Silva took over a horrendous squad and a team with 1 win in 18.

Hes since picked up 20 points in 14 games.

His return is better than Puels (1.43 per game vs Puels 1.25)

With a season he'd be on course to reach 54 points, 7 more than us.

With the respective squads that's ridiculous.

Don't just argue mate, get an opinion on something.

Irony at its best

I just don t rate him as highly as you, if that offends you i don`t care, he is good but not some kind of legend and we will see if he makes them top ten next season if they stay up.. hope so as i like Hull

What is this 'on the whole they've performed well'? On what criteria? We've conceded a hatful of chances and a lot of goals. Any remotely strong strikers bully them all day long. Why have people's standards dropped so low so quickly? Either could do an ok job next to VVD, but the two of them together has been really dodgy. Our points have come against really poor teams and massive off days for opposition finishing. The only game where the opposition didn't create a lot was sunderland away.

I'd say they've done a fair job, Yoshi in particular has been genuinely very good by anyone's standards, not just third-choice CB standard. Stephens has done better than many expect, not amazing but he's done a job. It doesn't look as though Cacares will be here next season so it makes sense to give Stephens as much experience as possible because it's very unlikely that he'll be playing that many games next season (assuming our board has learned its lesson from the CB situation this year)

Why have we bothered with Caceres? I just don't get it. Why not give him a chance? He's clearly good. And how does Puel not see Forster's failings? Just so odd.

He clearly was good. But hasn't played a serious competitive match for a year, for most of which he didn't even have a club.

We don't know that he's good now.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Puel in Hull build up

it was interesting to see Boufal start against chelsea

Wanted to see if he has made progress and against a team like chelsea

he has not played many games and suffered tightness

I was satisfied with his performance, he is a talented player

he has to find a good balance with the simple game and the ability he has

it is important for any player to have a run of games, it is difficult to give game time to all players

Boufal has been injured and it meant he could not find consistency

He was injured in December, and had to build up his fitness

he must continue his progress in training with the same attitude and spirit

I have spoken with him a lot about his improvement

he is like ben-Arfa for me, a talented player. He can make the difference as he has the ability

he must find the right balance in his game. It is difficult and we encourage him

Boufal can play in the same position as Hazard. Hazard found the right balance in his game very quickly and matured a lot more quickly

Hazard found consistency early too and good focus, sofiane can make good progress and see where he can go

he must learn to play simple at the right time

Important game after 2 losses as we want to finish in the top half of the table

We have to show improvement in front of our own fans

we need to improve in both penalty areas as this game will be just as hard as the last two games

Hull are a good team with good players

their manager has done very well there and they won their last game with 10 players

Yep' date=' and I think he should. If our record signing isn't suitable for a home game like Hull then something is clearly up.[/quote']

Sweepstake on when he asks to be subbed off?

He clearly was good. But hasn't played a serious competitive match for a year, for most of which he didn't even have a club.

We don't know that he's good now.

Looked class in the u23 games. I know that's not a great test but its clear that he is still at least capable of playing to a decent standard after his bad injury. I hope he gets a chance before the end of the season, but if he does it will only be because Stephens or Yoshida are injured or suspended because they are not doing anything to warrant them being dropped. Personally hope we offer him a contract for next season as well, he is clearly a top class defender.

We have bothered with Cácares because we REALLY needed a backup CB. It would have been madness to continue the season without, given the obvious chances for injury or suspension.

I thought he'd get fit and then be a shoo in for a first team place given his experience and am disappointed he hasn't even had 15 minutes on the pitch. Are we penny pinching about pay as you play? Or do we not like naughty boys?

Yep' date=' and I think he should. If our record signing isn't suitable for a home game like Hull then something is clearly up.[/quote']

This. IMO he's exactly the type of forward theoretically to unlock what will likely be a packed defence like hull's. He combines pace and skill very well, its the physical and team play part of his game that needs work. I think we have seen enough to suggest he can make it here in due time. At least i hope so, we very rarely sign such naturally talented players in attack. Would be such a pity if he ends up being another gaston. His temprement makes me uneasy tho, seems to be too easily frustrated. Anyway lets hope he puts on a show like the sunderland and middlesbrough games. Enough of those types of performances and he'll be near irreplaceable for us like vvd... then well its off to either liverpool, city, manure or any number of them lot.

No Hull are absolutely shocking away. 7 points all season scoring 9 in 17 games. Conceding nearly 6 a game away! That's the most conceded by any team in the premier league.

Your claim...

- Hull conceding 6 per game away from home

- Hull have played 17 home league games this season

- 6 x 17 = 102 away goals conceded

Reality

-Hull have conceded 41 away league goals this season

- An average of 2.4 away goals conceded this season

I'm puzzled how you came up with a figure of an average of 6 per game and thought that sounded credible! :?